-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I recently got some old photographs digitalized so I thought I'd post up a few old dog pix.

This is Redg from the early 70's. My first real bird dog.
Living in the desert back then, we only had Dove and a few scattered Quail to hunt and neither one of us knew what we were doing anyway but we made the best of it and taught each other allot along the way.
[Linked Image]

Riley,,,, the best dog a man could ever hope to own.
I had moved to the high desert by that time and had a bigger variety of birds to hunt. He was a pretty good hand with Chuckar/Pheasant and retrieved Waterfowl better than any dog I ever saw. Several times I saw him make retrieves that I was sure he'd run out of gas and drown before making it back.
He was a fighting sumbitch but all in all the best dog I ever owned.
[Linked Image]

Shorty,,,, one of Riley's off spring. He wasn't half the hunting dog his old man was but good enough and the most easy handling, obedient dog ever.
He died of cancer about six years ago at nine years old. Way to young.
[Linked Image]

Shorty babysitting Pete.
Poor Shorty's ears and jowls were in pretty rough shape the first six months of Pete's life.
[Linked Image]
Pete's twelve now. I ran him in amature field trials for a few years where he won a shoe box full of ribbons but was far from champion material. Once I lost interest in the trials (and the associated ego's) and eased up on him a bit he turned out to a hell of a meat dog. Handles Chuckar and Pheasant as good as any I've seen, is as honest as the day is long, and is rock solid on point. And I mean go back to the truck, have a beer, and come back and flush the bird solid.
[Linked Image]
He's got arthritis in one shoulder real bad but he literally lives to hunt so hopefully he'll make it a few more seasons before becoming a permanent fixture under the wood stove which he's pretty close to being now. Ha

I've had/have other dogs and they're all special in one way or the other but these are a few of the old stand outs from the 35mm days so I thought I'd wax nostalgic.
Thanks for looking.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Abby on the left with shot to hell kidneys, but she was still teaching the young Toby tricks and would struggle happily thru 3 or 4 honest hours.

[Linked Image]

In Her prime:

[Linked Image]

Duffy:

I'll never own his equal when it comes to finding and putting Birds up in front of the gun.

[Linked Image]

Sam: Lost her chance due to Lymes. She was coming on strong but never got to run her race.

[Linked Image]

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Thanks.. Will have to look though my old stuff,, but I have no talent for making new photos from old.. Beautiful dogs everyone..
Our dogs never leave us..

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Take them to a photo place or a drug store that has a photo department. They will copy them to a CD. The CD gets transferred to your computer, then from the computer to something like photo bucket and finely to a post here on the fire.

Last edited by battue; 07/09/14.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Robin�on her first day with me�

[Linked Image]

At her peak.

[Linked Image]

And on her last hunt�..

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I would be remiss if I didn't include Ingwedog. She was that one " Dog of a lifetime" and fortunately I knew it from the start.

Her first day with me�

[Linked Image]

One of scores of adventures�

[Linked Image]

Her last fishing trip�

[Linked Image]

Her ashes will be scattered with mine�..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Thanks.. Will have to look though my old stuff,, but I have no talent for making new photos from old.. Beautiful dogs everyone..
Our dogs never leave us..

Yea, do what battu said WCH.
I did it at Wall Mart.
Cheap too,,, cost 2.90 for about 20.
I guess you could buy a scanner but I can't justify the cost.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Always looked forwards to seeing Ingwe Dog adventure pics.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Very wonderful.. Will try Wal-Mart..Great photos everyone..
It is very enjoyable to know others love their dogs as I do...

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Lots of great pix here guys. Keep em coming.

These two pot-lickers aren't from my pre-digital era but they have a place on the list with the old dogs too.

Sophie's ten now. The best personality of all the dogs I've had and super easy to handle for a GSP. Matter of fact, she's never had an e-collar on in her life. Great nose and works close,,, perfect for Grouse but she's out of her league with ol Pete and wild Pheasants (or Chuckar).
[Linked Image]

Then there's Sally, my little Cat and Coon catching Cur dog.
Probably the smartest of the bunch and just plain fun.
I highly recommend a Cur dog for all Coots.
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

382 members (264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,418
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.