Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Anyone own one of these? From the pics, they look like they have the FWT contour barrel. Is that right or is it just the pictures?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Buy one and find out! laugh

Report back here please.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
You're no help. I might want to buy one and have it made into an Ingwe Special. grin

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Rev,you have champagne tastes and a beer budget....

Just like me. wink

That should give you pause.... smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RevMike
You're no help. I might want to buy one and have it made into an Ingwe Special. grin

There is only one Ingwe Special�...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Elk, that's why I'm saving my pennies! Here's a little something someone - the devil? - sent me just to tempt me.

[Linked Image]

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Ingwe, they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. In spite of the fallacy of that statement, I do like the I.S.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Now�if only you shorten the for end, replace the ebony cap,install a barrel band swivel, wrap around front sight, island rear, one standing one folding, and an english red pad�you'd have something! laugh

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Now�if only you shorten the for end, replace the ebony cap,install a barrel band swivel, wrap around front sight, island rear, one standing one folding, and an english red pad�you'd have something! laugh

Exactly! Except that's a no. 2 contour barrel, which means the barrel is a bit heavy for a true Ingwe Special...which is why I'm wondering about the Cabela rifle (to get back on topic).

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The Cabelas rifle would be just right��.. grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have handled this one:

An Ingwe special

You can zoom in on the photos and see the barrel contour does indeed look like the Fwt. It's still not a terribly light rifle, though, with a dense SG stock on it. IIRC it would be between 7.5 & 8 lbs.

It's tempting, but I've got too many projects already, including a couple of Mausers to nurture.

edit to add - dang I recalled correctly, they list 7 lbs 12 oz for the weight.

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 07/09/14. Reason: note

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
See�.that would be perfect!

It already has an English Red pad, and to do the other mods, plus replace the Cabelas floor plate couldn't cost more that $1K

Soooooo, for only your initial investment of $1399, plus another $1000 you could turn a $1399 gun into a $450 gun! laugh

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I thought it looked like a Featherweight barrel.

And Ingwe, you're talking economics. But since I haven't sold a rifle in 30 years.... All the stuff you mentioned plus a quarter rib. Too bad a Rigby diopter sight with ghost ring won't fit the bolt like it does a M98. No shadow line cheekpiece on these, though. Might be a deal breaker.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The one and only Ingwe Special doesn't have a shadow line cheekpiece�.

Just sayin'�����

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Actually neither does this, and I expect it wouldn't be too hard to live with.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Exactamundo! A proper rifle has either no cheekpiece, or a shadow line�

Don't matter what stainless synthetics have! laugh

I think I must take the Ingwe Special back to Texas and slay the mighty axis stag with it�again grin

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by RevMike
Elk, that's why I'm saving my pennies! Here's a little something someone - the devil? - sent me just to tempt me.

[Linked Image]
Saaaawwwweeeettttt!

Despite what Ingwe wrote,I would scope that rifle and kill stuff with it. grin

If you want all the "extra's" buy a used 7x57 and spice it up.

Last edited by elkhunternm; 07/09/14.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And BTW�..quit showing pics of that rifle�I think I soiled myself again�. blush

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ohhhhh�I'd scope it��the irons are for�..an emergency.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
And BTW�..quit showing pics of that rifle�I think I soiled myself again�. blush

I thought this was the one that gave you incontinence issues.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,134 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,105
Posts18,464,217
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.