Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RWE
I can't believe folks shoot a 7x57 that isn't in a rolling block.

What is the world coming to?

Kids today.... shocked

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE

I Fart in your general direction!

[Linked Image]

Now stay out of this thread, or I shall be forced to taunt you again! laugh

Last edited by ingwe; 07/11/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by RevMike

Y'all are making me want one!

Rev, just give it up and bite the long parallel sided bullet!

Think I could turn one into an Ingwe Special? Who would do the work on something as unique as that?

By the way, I shot another of your Florida pigs last evening. Go over to the Corbett thread and look. Pretty messy down here right now.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I just saw it. Leave a couple for me! I need a good 'eater' and some big ass gnarly looking one...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by RWE

I Fart in your general direction!

[Linked Image]

Now stay out of this thread, or I shall be forced to taunt you again! laugh
I don't see a pic "fart"-bah.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I just saw it. Leave a couple for me! I need a good 'eater' and some big ass gnarly looking one...

No chance of that. The only state that has more pigs than Florida is Texas. There are plenty here. As for the gnarly ones; they're mostly nocturnal. That's how they live long enough to get big and gnarly. The "eaters" generally come out during some level of shooting and light...and don't.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I know you like the 7MM mauser. However, you live in the same state as Gulf Breeze Arms and they have a Cooper in 270 Winchester with English Walnut that beats the Winchester Cabelas to hell. That is the gun that I would be bluechipping for.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by kaboku68; 07/11/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oooh...that would make Jack O'Connor drool if he were here. He'd no doubt slap a Weaver K4 on it and go after Stone Sheep.

It may be an optical illusion but to me the Cooper pistol grips and forends look a little fat.

Last edited by Kitch; 07/11/14.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Wow, very nice. Wonder what Cooper would charge to screw a 7x57 onto the action? grin

Seriously, that's really nice.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I gotta believe ingwe was sodomized by a .270 when he was young, for him to have such an irrational dislike for the cartridge.

I also believe he was tended to by some effeminate European person who steered him towards that decrepit old 7x57.

That's the only explanation that makes sense.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I fart in your general direction too!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Knew it,Ingwe is full of hot air. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The Cabelas rifle would be just right��.. grin

Other than the fact it says "Cabela's" on the floor plate. Now maybe if it said "Ingwe Special" on the floor plate, it would have a certain amount of cool factor. The guys in Portugal would probably miss spell Ingwe, but that's besides the point...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I think those were made before Portugal. Besides it wouldn't be difficult to exchange the floorplate for steel. But you are right: they could not spell Ingwe. As a matter of fact there is no voice recognition software on the face of the earth that recognizes that name. Trust me on that one. It usually comes out igloo.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Try Matabele software �.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Try Matabele software �.

Can I load it on my phone? Is it free? Is it really worth it just for one word? I expect the answer to all three is no.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RevMike
I think those were made before Portugal. Besides it wouldn't be difficult to exchange the floorplate for steel. But you are right: they could not spell Ingwe. As a matter of fact there is no voice recognition software on the face of the earth that recognizes that name. Trust me on that one. It usually comes out igloo.

laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 69 invisible), 3,058 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.