Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Anyone own one of these? From the pics, they look like they have the FWT contour barrel. Is that right or is it just the pictures?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Buy one and find out! laugh

Report back here please.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
You're no help. I might want to buy one and have it made into an Ingwe Special. grin

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Rev,you have champagne tastes and a beer budget....

Just like me. wink

That should give you pause.... smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RevMike
You're no help. I might want to buy one and have it made into an Ingwe Special. grin

There is only one Ingwe Special�...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Elk, that's why I'm saving my pennies! Here's a little something someone - the devil? - sent me just to tempt me.

[Linked Image]

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Ingwe, they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. In spite of the fallacy of that statement, I do like the I.S.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Now�if only you shorten the for end, replace the ebony cap,install a barrel band swivel, wrap around front sight, island rear, one standing one folding, and an english red pad�you'd have something! laugh

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Now�if only you shorten the for end, replace the ebony cap,install a barrel band swivel, wrap around front sight, island rear, one standing one folding, and an english red pad�you'd have something! laugh

Exactly! Except that's a no. 2 contour barrel, which means the barrel is a bit heavy for a true Ingwe Special...which is why I'm wondering about the Cabela rifle (to get back on topic).

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The Cabelas rifle would be just right��.. grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have handled this one:

An Ingwe special

You can zoom in on the photos and see the barrel contour does indeed look like the Fwt. It's still not a terribly light rifle, though, with a dense SG stock on it. IIRC it would be between 7.5 & 8 lbs.

It's tempting, but I've got too many projects already, including a couple of Mausers to nurture.

edit to add - dang I recalled correctly, they list 7 lbs 12 oz for the weight.

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 07/09/14. Reason: note

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
See�.that would be perfect!

It already has an English Red pad, and to do the other mods, plus replace the Cabelas floor plate couldn't cost more that $1K

Soooooo, for only your initial investment of $1399, plus another $1000 you could turn a $1399 gun into a $450 gun! laugh

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I thought it looked like a Featherweight barrel.

And Ingwe, you're talking economics. But since I haven't sold a rifle in 30 years.... All the stuff you mentioned plus a quarter rib. Too bad a Rigby diopter sight with ghost ring won't fit the bolt like it does a M98. No shadow line cheekpiece on these, though. Might be a deal breaker.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The one and only Ingwe Special doesn't have a shadow line cheekpiece�.

Just sayin'�����

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Actually neither does this, and I expect it wouldn't be too hard to live with.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Exactamundo! A proper rifle has either no cheekpiece, or a shadow line�

Don't matter what stainless synthetics have! laugh

I think I must take the Ingwe Special back to Texas and slay the mighty axis stag with it�again grin

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Elk, that's why I'm saving my pennies! Here's a little something someone - the devil? - sent me just to tempt me.

[Linked Image]
Saaaawwwweeeettttt!

Despite what Ingwe wrote,I would scope that rifle and kill stuff with it. grin

If you want all the "extra's" buy a used 7x57 and spice it up.

Last edited by elkhunternm; 07/09/14.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And BTW�..quit showing pics of that rifle�I think I soiled myself again�. blush

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ohhhhh�I'd scope it��the irons are for�..an emergency.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

I thought this was the one that gave you incontinence issues.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
CRAP!!!!

It IS!!!!! shocked

Now there are two that shall haunt my dreams! cry

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Granted,I have not hunted as much as you have Ingwe,but the scopes that went kaput on me has always been on the range,never while hunting. Plus I always take two rifle whenever I go hunting. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

[Linked Image]
Saaaawwwweeeettttt!

Despite what Ingwe wrote,I would scope that rifle and kill stuff with it. grin

If you want all the "extra's" buy a used 7x57 and spice it up.

Yeah, that's a rifle, isn't it. And you can have it for only $5,999 (it's a .308 though).

One of the biggest issues I see in crafting something from an existing rifle (say a Cabela special or something like that) is the stock. I'm not sure if something like a Featherweight stock could possibly be reshaped to match the contour of the WRs in the pics. I guess that's a question for a stockmaker.

On the other hand, I have a Zastava M98 that could probably be redone with the existing wood and metal. It'd just be the Ingwe add-ons.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Ingwe, that new WR (second one I posted) is about $50k, all set up as it is. I told my wife that I'm going to treat myself to one when I turn 65 and retire to become a Gentleman Farmer. Her comment was, "Are you actually going to shoot it?" Boy, talk about a conundrum!!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Use the M98 and build what you want. See,wasn't that easy. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Actually, that' sort of the direction I'm leaning. The stock is 14.5 inches, so there's plenty there to work with. And even though it was poorly finished from the factory, the grain is very nice. A stock maker could probably shave off the Monte Carlo (you can't really use the existing iron anyway since the comb is way too high), thin a lot of the existing wood, add all the other stuff, and there I'd be. Know a 'smith who could pull all that off?

Still jonesing for an XWR to hunt in the weather we're having right now, though.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I think I must take the Ingwe Special back to Texas and slay the mighty axis stag with it�again grin

You need to bring it to Florida when you come. There are pigs just waiting to feel the sting of the 150gr NBT at 2500. Just pretend they're big ugly warthogs instead of big ugly feral pigs.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

Actually, that' sort of the direction I'm leaning. The stock is 14.5 inches, so there's plenty there to work with. And even though it was poorly finished from the factory, the grain is very nice. A stock maker could probably shave off the Monte Carlo (you can't really use the existing iron anyway since the comb is way too high), thin a lot of the existing wood, add all the other stuff, and there I'd be. Know a 'smith who could pull all that off?

Still jonesing for an XWR to hunt in the weather we're having right now, though.
I wished I did. wink

Get the XWR and live happy.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Get the XWR and live happy.

I probably will. smile

I got a note back from Cabela. The barrel is marked "Featherweight" so yep, it's a FWT contour.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
So did you place the order whistle

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by MagMarc

No, still trying to figure it out. If I owned an oil well I'd just buy a WR and be done with it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Order it and take up a "Love Offering" Sunday laugh

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

No, still trying to figure it out. If I owned an oil well I'd just buy a WR and be done with it.
From the sounds of it,you are still sitting on the fence. So my advice is wait,something will come along and it'll be what you want.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Actually neither does this, and I expect it wouldn't be too hard to live with.

[Linked Image]

That is indeed pretty Rev, but if someone pointed me at a Husqvarna 146 in 9.3 and told me that is the only rifle you are ever allowed to own, I would not grumble.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Elk, you are exactly right. I'll wind up ordering the XWR, but will wait for the other. As you said, something will come along.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Order it and take up a "Love Offering" Sunday laugh

"Second Collection Sunday". Not sure he bishop would entirely approve.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
How about a car wash and hotdog sale

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I wasn't familiar with the Husqvarna so looked it up. Wow! A classic!

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
How about a car wash and hotdog sale

"Buy the Rector a Rifle Raffle": that might work.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Now your getting with it. The Bishop couldn't say much if you made all the hotdogs and washed all of the cars wink

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm tired just thinking about it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Keep you eyes on the prize Rev.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Keep you eyes on the prize Rev.

I've read that somewhere....

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Elk, you are exactly right. I'll wind up ordering the XWR, but will wait for the other. As you said, something will come along.
Patience my friend,you will be rewarded.

When the urge to do something rash,think "Elk is gonna chew on my rearend!" wink grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
And I'm betting I can count in that! whistle

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
That's what friends are for. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

What will the chambering be in this XWR?

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
That's what friends are for. wink

The best option keeps coming back to the Zastava and a good gunsmith. And thanks, friend!

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
What will the chambering be in this XWR?

Huh????? confused

The classic 7x57. Is there anything else? cool

Last edited by RevMike; 07/09/14.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Its against the rules to have a synthetic 7x57...

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Yeah,a .270 Winchester.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I know, but I need something for rough weather. If I'd have been in a stand this evening it would have been in a steady drizzle.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Get anything else ( except a .270) in stainless synthetic�but not a 7x57...

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

I guess I could always get a Swede.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dat would be fine�..

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
270 all the way.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

.270 Winchester or get a BIG gun.... .30-06.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

.270 Winchester or get a BIG gun.... .30-06.

The 06 wouldn't be a mistake

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
The '06 is always a great choice.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Now just to confuse the good Rev lets throw the 280 in the mix smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute. You launch plastic tipped bullets through the Ingwe Special - something NONE of my 7x57s have ever seen - and you're balking at a ss/syn to shoot in the rain?

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

That is real nice!

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Now just to confuse the good Rev lets throw the 280 in the mix smile

I always thought that would be the ticket in either a 742/7400 or BAR.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
My gosh,you get a .280,might as well turn in your man-card Rev.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
My gosh,you get a .280,might as well turn in your man-card Rev.

Now did I say I was going to get one? No. What I said is, I think that'd be the ticket in an autoloader. But I ain't gettin' one of those either.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Just keepin' you on the good side. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

I thought this was the one that gave you incontinence issues.

[Linked Image]
That one makes me want! Just gorgeous, and I prefer the black recoil pad with the dark wood to the sometimes seen red ones.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by OceanBlue
That one makes me want! Just gorgeous, and I prefer the black recoil pad with the dark wood to the sometimes seen red ones.

That one starts at 16,500 pounds sterling - for the rifle alone, not with any of the options you see. I priced it the other day as I'd like to have it: US dollar equivalent - $36,089.16, not including the case or glass. Drop in the bucket!!

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

I appreciate that!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I appreciate that!

270 and have a Man's rifle is still where this needs to go whistle

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I expect it'll stay right where it is: 7x57, I spite of Ingwe's objections.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
How about a 9.3x62? Then you could be with the "cool" kids. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Hey Ingwe, I popped a little boar this evening. About 90 pounds or so. I'm still in camp, but will post on "Corn Eaters" thread. Wait till you see. By the way, buy a Therma-Cell before you come. First time I've used it. It works.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Too much gun for my type of hunting.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Then you should get a 7x57 then. smirk

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

That's the plan!! cool

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Glad I could help. grin laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Need something handy too.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Glad I could help. grin laugh

Always appreciated.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Too much gun for my type of hunting.

Then try one of these Rev, 1950 Brno model 21 in 7x64 Brenneke...AND they were made in 7x57!

If that doesn't convert you to the dark side nothing will.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
That's got "boar" written all over it!!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Looked real close at the pics and so far have not seen "boar" anywhere. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Probably meant "bore".

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Sounds about right JS.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 7x57 version similar to JStuart's. No plastic bullets used in this one.

Not sure how Ingwe is going to get that crap out of his barrel.... smile

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ingwe told me I was a heretic for running plastic tipped bullets in a 7x57, what changed??????

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Got the little boar all tidied up and in the freezer. Details tomorrow on the other thread. But the old 94 proved two things to me this evening: a compact rifle is the ticket in my environment and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Still one shot, DRT, but still not quite what I would have liked. Back to Ruger No 1 with 1.5-4? Could be...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I shot my Axis with a plastic tipped bullet�..

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Ingwe told me I was a heretic for running plastic tipped bullets in a 7x57, what changed??????

He tried it, that's what!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Marc is behind the curve�..

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I shot my Axis with a plastic tipped bullet�..

Oh the humanity cry

Its about time!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Peep?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rev, as I recall my 1A has a VXII 4x36 on it. It seemed to have enough relief to work alright without extensions etc.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Peep?

Williams FP with firesight. Love it and the front sight glows in low light. The problem is the pigs don't glow in low light!!

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 65X54
Rev, as I recall my 1A has a VXII 4x36 on it. It seemed to have enough relief to work alright without extensions etc.

If that's the direction I go I'll put an illuminated German 4 in a 1-4 or thereabouts on it. What do you think?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While I've not tried anything that lights up it would probably work well for what you are doing.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
While I've not tried anything that lights up it would probably work well for what you are doing.

I have illuminated glass on two of three 7x57s. I like them, but more than anything I just need the light gathering capabilities of a scope in dim light and shadows.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The light gathering can be a big one here when close to final time. Especially with a heavy cloud cover and in the river bottom brush. Gets pretty darned dark quick.
With either the 4 or 6 power vxII's I've never had to pass a reasonable shot though.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
GW says our shots on pigs always come right a o-dark thirty. That's about right. Either that or, as you say, when it's overcast and shadows. I generally just stay on the lowest setting and I'm fine. Of course it's rare that a shot is over about 60 yards.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The thing about No.1's will be getting glass with enough eye relief as some scopes will just not move to the rear far enough. I can tolerate a little scope crawling but there is a limit. You will need to know what yours is when picking out the glass.

Yep, with the critters you are hunting the time can be much later. Whitetails and a half hour past sunset is the latest here.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
That might not be much of an issue since I'm comfortable with a LOP of about 14.25 or 14.50. A LOP of 13.75 is going to put me right on the glass, no problem.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just something to be aware of with the No.1's. I like em a lot but scope mounting can be an issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rear offset rings are the ticket to #1's IMO

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cabelas has several interesting #1's in 7x57, FWIW

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Just something to be aware of with the No.1's. I like em a lot but scope mounting can be an issue.

I appreciate the heads-up.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Featherweight 7x57 with a Leupold 2.5x and Talley lightweights.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hint hint.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have two of the Cabelas 7x57 Supergrades.

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/7x57_zpsac194168.png.html][Linked Image]

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/7x57j_zpsecda00b1.png.html][Linked Image]

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How do they shoot?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
How do they shoot?

Have not had a chance to take them to the range yet. Just recently scoped them. Getting ready to work up loads for them and a couple other new rifles.

Last edited by Wacenturion; 07/11/14.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Wacenturion
I have two of the Cabelas 7x57 Supergrades.

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/7x57_zpsac194168.png.html][Linked Image]

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/7x57j_zpsecda00b1.png.html][Linked Image]

Nice wood, especially on the bottom one.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Featherweight 7x57 with a Leupold 2.5x and Talley lightweights.

Hint hint.

You mean something like this?

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Yeah! blush

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Yeah! blush

Wouldn't you think a fellow would be content with what he has? (rhetorical question!)

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i don't think I've shown my yet.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Kitch; 07/11/14.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Kitch
i don't think I've shown my yet.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Y'all are making me want one!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You GOT to get one Rev...and, and the marvelous Whelen I just picked up today and you've got a real treat.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Rev, just give it up and bite the long parallel sided bullet!

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't believe folks shoot a 7x57 that isn't in a rolling block.

What is the world coming to?

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RWE

Kids today.... shocked

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE

I Fart in your general direction!

[Linked Image]

Now stay out of this thread, or I shall be forced to taunt you again! laugh

Last edited by ingwe; 07/11/14.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Rev, just give it up and bite the long parallel sided bullet!

Think I could turn one into an Ingwe Special? Who would do the work on something as unique as that?

By the way, I shot another of your Florida pigs last evening. Go over to the Corbett thread and look. Pretty messy down here right now.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I just saw it. Leave a couple for me! I need a good 'eater' and some big ass gnarly looking one...

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by RWE

I Fart in your general direction!

[Linked Image]

Now stay out of this thread, or I shall be forced to taunt you again! laugh
I don't see a pic "fart"-bah.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I just saw it. Leave a couple for me! I need a good 'eater' and some big ass gnarly looking one...

No chance of that. The only state that has more pigs than Florida is Texas. There are plenty here. As for the gnarly ones; they're mostly nocturnal. That's how they live long enough to get big and gnarly. The "eaters" generally come out during some level of shooting and light...and don't.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I know you like the 7MM mauser. However, you live in the same state as Gulf Breeze Arms and they have a Cooper in 270 Winchester with English Walnut that beats the Winchester Cabelas to hell. That is the gun that I would be bluechipping for.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by kaboku68; 07/11/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oooh...that would make Jack O'Connor drool if he were here. He'd no doubt slap a Weaver K4 on it and go after Stone Sheep.

It may be an optical illusion but to me the Cooper pistol grips and forends look a little fat.

Last edited by Kitch; 07/11/14.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Wow, very nice. Wonder what Cooper would charge to screw a 7x57 onto the action? grin

Seriously, that's really nice.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I gotta believe ingwe was sodomized by a .270 when he was young, for him to have such an irrational dislike for the cartridge.

I also believe he was tended to by some effeminate European person who steered him towards that decrepit old 7x57.

That's the only explanation that makes sense.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I fart in your general direction too!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Knew it,Ingwe is full of hot air. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The Cabelas rifle would be just right��.. grin

Other than the fact it says "Cabela's" on the floor plate. Now maybe if it said "Ingwe Special" on the floor plate, it would have a certain amount of cool factor. The guys in Portugal would probably miss spell Ingwe, but that's besides the point...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I think those were made before Portugal. Besides it wouldn't be difficult to exchange the floorplate for steel. But you are right: they could not spell Ingwe. As a matter of fact there is no voice recognition software on the face of the earth that recognizes that name. Trust me on that one. It usually comes out igloo.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Try Matabele software �.

R
RevMike Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Try Matabele software �.

Can I load it on my phone? Is it free? Is it really worth it just for one word? I expect the answer to all three is no.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I think those were made before Portugal. Besides it wouldn't be difficult to exchange the floorplate for steel. But you are right: they could not spell Ingwe. As a matter of fact there is no voice recognition software on the face of the earth that recognizes that name. Trust me on that one. It usually comes out igloo.

laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 53 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,241
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.