Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I drew an antelope tag here in Oregon and I'm planning on using my Tikka 7mm-08. It wears a Leupold FX3 6x42 in cut down Talley Lightweight lows.
I have a Leupold VX-II 3-9 x 40 with CDS that I could replace it with. Shots could be 400 yards.
I'm struggling with the choice. What would you do?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What would you do?

Install at least a 4-16X.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Install an M1 on your 6X42 and practice at distance.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
The choice is between the existing scopes without modification.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Leupold FX3 6x42

Molan Labe
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Why don't you play around with both at expected range and decide what you like best.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Why don't you play around with both at expected range and decide what you like best.

Time and ammunition supply preclude this option.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

I'm sure you're aware this raises a certain question.

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If time and ammo is that short leave what is on it now and start shooting at distance. If you can't afford to experiment you can't afford to change either.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

P

WTF?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

P

Uuuhhhhhh?

100% Public land DIY!
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'll type slowly so everyone can understand.

I have been practicing out to 300 yards with the 6x42, that's the farthest I can shoot around here. I'm almost out of Big Game powder so I don't have a whole lot of room for "Gee, this one looks brighter, but I'm not sure, let's try the other one again."

Plus, the hunt starts in 6 weeks, so I don't have a lot of time to play around. I happened on a VX-II is all.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JSH
If time and ammo is that short leave what is on it now and start shooting at distance. If you can't afford to experiment you can't afford to change either.

Thanks, this is good advice.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JSH

Thanks, this is good advice.

P

No offense intended my friend. My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I agree that this is the best advice given your situation. Good luck on your hunt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since you are already dialed with the 6X and time and ammo are short, I would go with that. 300 yards should get you plenty close enough.

If you had the time and ammo, the CDS would be the ticket.

Good luck on your hunt, those OR antelope tags are hard to get.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by JSH

That.

If I can't experiment & feel confident at X yds I shorten my self-imposed limit to one I can be confident at.

I wouldn't care to mount a CDS scope on a rifle unless I could test accuracy on-range.

Good luck w/ the hunt. I have no doubt you'll do well w/ a 300 yd limit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I drew an antelope tag here in Oregon and I'm planning on using my Tikka 7mm-08. It wears a Leupold FX3 6x42 in cut down Talley Lightweight lows.
I have a Leupold VX-II 3-9 x 40 with CDS that I could replace it with. Shots could be 400 yards.
I'm struggling with the choice. What would you do?

P

Practice and hunt with the 6x42 this time.
Send out your 3-9x40 for a Fine Duplex reticle and a pair of M1s....

"Then join in hand, brave Americans all!.....By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I am no antelope expert but I have shot 2 in Oregon a couple in Wyoming and I have never had to shoot over 300 yards you will be fine with your set up. Go forth and have fun.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll type slowly so everyone can understand.

I have been practicing out to 300 yards with the 6x42, that's the farthest I can shoot around here. I'm almost out of Big Game powder so I don't have a whole lot of room for "Gee, this one looks brighter, but I'm not sure, let's try the other one again."

Plus, the hunt starts in 6 weeks, so I don't have a lot of time to play around. I happened on a VX-II is all.

P
Use this one and just limit your shots to 300yds. Though pronghorns can give one opportunities for longer shots, you'll not be all that handicapped to only shoot to 300. Heck, I shot 3 pronghorns in WY 3 years ago and the total distance of all three shots was less than 300yds (60+92+126). My expereince in hunting pronghorns pales compared to many, but I've shot a few and only 1 has been over 300yds. IMO, you'll be best served with a setup you know and are comfortable with than adding a new variable this close to the season with the constraints you have mentioned for wringing a new setup out.

Last edited by pointer; 07/14/14.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'seller,

Your stupidity is fully [bleep] AMAZING. Congratulations?!?

Send the 6x to Reupold,go M1 ele and be back in the saddle in a week,at the "expense" of firing a grand total of (3) more shots to eek a zero and be where you are at now. Just how many more pokes were you "planning" on shooting,in that WHOLE week?!? Laffin'!

PLEASE go into the "particulars" of how that stumps you?!? It will be FASCINATING Testimony. Laffin'!

CDS is a [bleep] joke,the 6x smokes the variable and your haste to make bad decisions and keep the cart in front of the horse,is simply [bleep] hilarious! VERY much enjoying the "panic" of your having 6 whole [bleep] weeks,to arrange something so very gawdamned modest. Sell the CDS POS and buy some more powder and quit Whining(if only for a [bleep] change).

Who chews your food for you? The month and a half "Stumped Scope Chronicles" is an INSTANT [bleep] Classic.

Just ohhhhhhhh soooooooooooo WOW!

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Boxer,
Save your breath, I have you on ignore.

Laffin'!

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'seller,

My bad,I had forgotten your ruse of playing Imaginary Pretend Ignore and the "fulfillment" and sweet "satisfaction" that is your's,by taking it to the next level. It's your Imagination,PLEASE use it as you best deem fit,as you are on an epic tear. On the average,when you Imagine something,how long does it take for it to become "real" to you?!? Laffin'!

Perhaps next,"explain" why it is that you THE dumbest of [bleep],are so quick to Pretend to poke your heads in the sand?!? Laffin'! Perhaps consider filling out a Hurt Feelers Report?!? Re-laffin'!

Jeezus God you are an amazingly inept Dumbfhuqq and there's simply no cap on how much Pretend you can muster and Imagination you can flaunt. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

You be SURE to make a grand "stand" and refrain maximizing the potential of a given platform,because you are a broke Clueless Dumbfhuqq,"only" have 6 weeks to do it in and are "afraid" to fire 3 more shots,for a Tag you finally drew! THAT is [bleep] FUNNY schit!

Now don't [bleep] up again and reply,because if you remember correctly...you "can't" read this either,as the "dreaded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore is in full "effect". Laffin'!

[bleep] WOW +P+!!!

Here's hoping you don't shoot your Imagination out...as your "best" efforts are simply offa the [bleep] charts,in their oblivious hilarity. I find myself looking forward to the requisite Excuses and Whine,which will certainly be following your fruitless Hunt.

Good luck and stick to your guns! Your haste to tote Stupidity to places it's never been before,is poignantly poetic humor and wonderfully magnified,because there is NO doubt...you are doing the "best" that you can. Mebbe poke your head a little further in the sand,then wonder aloud yet again as to why,you are sooooooo incredibly [bleep] Stupid,due "all" the things you almost do and the amazing amassing of that "experience" in compilation. Laffin'!

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo hard!!!

Bless your heart.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Keep posting, I'll keep ignoring.

Bless your heart.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keep posting, I'll keep ignoring.

Bless your heart.

P

I agree with the others just use the FX3, and go ahead
with confidence.

I also have Boxer on ignore, but since I have not been
on here for a while, I did toggle, and I do find this
guy is not just messed up on booze, he has moved on to
hard drugs, with his diatribe. Too bad, I do hope he
gets some help !

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
People that get upset when someone offers them truth always amaze me. People really don't want the truth no matter how much that they claim they do. Instead they want others to assure then that they are correct, no matter how wrong they really are and it doesn't matter what the topic.

People on average, are quite average at best. It's a pretty safe bet to look at what "average" is doing, and do the exact opposite.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'seller,

Be SURE to tell yourself that which you most need to hear,first. Laffin'! Your Imaginary Pretend Ignore is really "working" great and you can almost not [bleep] lie about it. Re-laffin'! Lemme guess,your one of them "Christians" and the truth is moot to you,due the Fairy Tales you "believe" in?!? Re-re-laffin'!

Perhaps entertain the notion of mentioning you "don't care",the next time you Pretend to Ignore with your Imagination. Laffin'!

Here...lemme fuel your Imagination for you,but remember you can't "peek" or "reply",due your "vow" of Imaginary Pretend Ignore and everyone knows how "truthful" you and your ilk are. Laffin'! It's gettin' a leetle awkward now for you,beings your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,ain't quite being heeded by the pointy-headed cross-eyed Drooling Dumbfhuqq who DREAMT it up. Re-laffin'!

So be careful whatcha' say,or your Imagination and Pretend will come crashin' down all around you. Laffin'!

Anywhoo...shimmed to the brim 6x42,ala .025" in the ass base and another .040" in the rings. Google it. 'Tis a itty-bitty 7-08AI and with formed 162's and a "lowly" 250yd zero,along with it's remaining 52MOA of erector travel,it'll only reach the 1400yd++ line. But a modest sub 26MOA to 1K,with a paltry 6.6MOA of full value 10MPH wind at same. It'll arrive the scene with 1000 ft lbs of "energy" to the 850yd line,for you Clueless [bleep] Window Lickers who are curiously enthralled with ALL the schit that don't matter and beyond your means,comprehension and abilities...though in no particular order. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

[bleep] WOW +P+!!!

Here's to you doing your "best" with what incredibly [bleep] little you have to work with.

You go girl!

'lady1,

I find it entertaininger than [bleep],that you two Clueless Kchunts are now in the "dreaded" DOUBLE Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Oh my...ain't you "hard chargers" a rugged bunch?!? Laffin'!

It'd be a helluva "Race",to see which one of you two [bleep] Do Nothing Day Dreaming Kchunts,left the couch first. Now THAT is a gawdamned tough [bleep] call! Few things as hilarious,as Dueling Dumbfhuqqery and you gals really KNOW how to set the bar. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

Exceedingly GOOD [bleep] call to refrain ALL things The Rifle and instead muse your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as 'vindication". I'm [bleep] cryin',I'm laughing sooooooooooooo hard. You amazingly inept Bumbling Dumbfhuqqs,are a [bleep] hoot!

Whatcha' figure to pretend about next,with your "magical' imagination?!? one thing is for CERTAIN,with you Drooling Dumbfhuqqs and that is when it's all said and done...there's going to have been a [bleep] of a LOT more said,than done.

Bless your heart.

You [bleep] togglers are a gas!

Wow.

Laffin'!

My bad...I got to laughing too hard at you Dumb [bleep]...that first 7-08,mighta' been a "fluke".

[Linked Image]

I REALLY hope I ain't got more of 'em,as that'd be awkwarder yet.

Laffin'!

Gawdammit schit [bleep]...oopsie,my mistake. Here's another.

[Linked Image]

PLEASE pardon them lapses.

Laffin'!

Wait,hold on...stop. I forgot again. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Happy Imagination,to you(and I HOPE I didn't forget some others,as that'd be awkward).

Laffin'!

'sus,

Don't be too hard on the gals,they are simply "doing" the best that they can,given what incredibly [bleep] little they have to work with.

Being stumped on a glass for 6-weeks,on a Drawn Tag and afeared to yerk the trigger (3) times as confirmation...is simply [bleep] EPIC humor.

Stupid [bleep] couldn't knock the new,offa used pair of boots.

Just WOW.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
People on average, are quite average at best. It's a pretty safe bet to look at what "average" is doing, and do the exact opposite.

That is most assuredly true!

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
This would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Keep responding, it's like pi$$ing your pants when you're wearing a dark suit.

You feel warm all over but no one notices.

Laffin'!

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd pass on the CDS, made that mistake....
[Linked Image]

Leupie wanted another $60 to make the dial look right and I nipped that BS in the bud. Add in the fact that it has a mind of it's own and god forbid you strap it to a pack. The "clicks" are pretty soft.

and I was warned, as usual...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'seller,

I'd not begin to slight how IMPORTANT of a word,"if" is to you. Mainly because Imagination and Pretend,is ALL you've "got" and supposition is THE building block of your Imagination. Laffin'!

Dark Suit 7-08 Hero Pics:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/BuckSavage.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/SeptAlpine07A.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/GreatOne06.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/BoonerBenA.jpg[/img]

My bad...on the "7-08 Dress Code".

Laffin'!

Do your lies feel better now,that you cain't muster the Pretend to Imagine,that you ain't Ignoring anything?!? Laffin'!

I'm on the ropes and at your "mercy".

Laffin'!

Your average,is wellllllllllllll shy of "average"...you AMAZINGLY inept Drooling Dumbfhuqq.

Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

Cheer up...I shot a 7-08,in a smattering of colors.

Laffin'!

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Five bucks says you wrote something demeaning about me, my skills, and/or abilities. You probably substituted ph for f a few times and included laffin or bless your heart, perhaps both. You also included a pic of either a trout, salmon, or dead ungulate.

Keep them coming.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I am the farthest thing you can get from expert on antelope hunting, but I have shot a few, and I have had two or three six power Leupolds that I have used to shoot some deer and antelope, and I am going to say that I KNOW that using the 6X just as it sits on your rifle in NO WAY limits you to 300 yards. I know this because I have killed antelope at over 400 yards with a 4X scope with no problem.
Use a range chart taped to your stock, a laser range finder, and wind permitting that will take you to 500 yards quite easily, if you are capable. The aiming error with a 6X scope is going to be about 1/6 minute of angle (discounting parallax, which is another issue) and you can't even begin to hold that close under hunting conditions.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Royce
I am the farthest thing you can get from expert on antelope hunting, but I have shot a few, and I have had two or three six power Leupolds that I have used to shoot some deer and antelope, and I am going to say that I KNOW that using the 6X just as it sits on your rifle in NO WAY limits you to 300 yards. I know this because I have killed antelope at over 400 yards with a 4X scope with no problem.
Use a range chart taped to your stock, a laser range finder, and wind permitting that will take you to 500 yards quite easily, if you are capable. The aiming error with a 6X scope is going to be about 1/6 minute of angle (discounting parallax, which is another issue) and you can't even begin to hold that close under hunting conditions.

Thanks, that's a confidence-builder. The scope is already dialed in. I'm going to keep her as is.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Pharmseller
Here's just a couple things from my own experience, and they may be right or wrong.
I really like antelope meat. I don't shoot nearly as much or as good as Larry (Boxer) does so I try to limit my shots to not much over 200 yards so that i can plink them right through the lungs, midway between the back of the ribs and the back of the shoulder so as to not ruin any meat. I kind of know where the antelope run where I hunt them, so sometimes I just go plunk myself down behind a sagebush and let the opening day crowd chase one up to me. Or, if there aren't a lot of hunters, do a very careful sneak on one.
Another point is that for whatever reason, the 6X Leupolds I have had have had a lot of parallax. If I clamped the rifle they were mounted on in a vise, adjusted the vise so the crosshairs were on an object 300 yards away, and then looked through the scope while moving my head back and forth, there would be a lot of apparent movement of the crosshairs. I remedied that by sending the scopes back to Leupold and having the parallax adjusted to 400 yards. When I got the scopes back, there was very little parallax from muzzle to 500 yards plus. A good rifleman can mostly eliminate the parallax problem with perfect cheek weld, but I ain't in that class, never was and never will be.
Another help I have found with the 6X scopes is to fashion targets that fit the crosshairs. I start with the targets with the one inch grids on them, and put two vertical strips of tape and two strips of horizontal tape that will show a sliver of white on each side of the crosshairs at whatever distance I am shooting. This can really tighten up your bench groups. Because animals don't have distinct aiming spots, you can aim about as precisely on game with a 6X as you can with anything.
Please bear in mind, these are all just opinions of a guy that is tied with a myoptic orangutan for the title of world's worst hunter! smile

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'seller,

6-bucks wagers you "peeked"...though you say you did not. Laffin'!

You've yet to have a first clue and/or tell the truth,so admittedly your Excuses are rather [bleep] funny. There was little "chance" that you were ever Outdoors,though your Whine is eloquent. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart...you "hard charger",it's ALL about your "Faith".

Laffin'!

You lying stupid [bleep],are a hoot!

PS and by the way...comment on what you "do" for a "living".

Laffin'!

Wow.

6x42 at 705yds and a hasty trio into sub 3"...while laughing,at dumbfhuqqers like you. Holding no wind,just letting 162's do their thang,straight up the pipe.

Link broke...so Old School it is.

705yd 6x42 RINK

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Keep on not shooting and reapin' them "rewards".

Laffin'!

[video:youtube][/video]

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Another five bucks says he posted more of the same.

Takers?

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go on, just send him his 6 bucks....

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
So the guy who shoots long distances gives you some advice, and you pretend to ignore it, then pretend you're ignoring him, then keep posting and then you do exactly what his advice was.

Lots of that here on the fire.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
So the guy who shoots long distances gives you some advice, and you pretend to ignore it, then pretend you're ignoring him, then keep posting and then you do exactly what his advice was.

Normally you would be correct, but Boxer deserved to be ignored and then some.
He is a pathetic little troll trying to make himself relevant. whistle

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

No pretending. His rants are predictable. He has a ton of experience and great information. He was a tremendous help to me when I started reloading. I reached out several times and his advice was spot on.

The insults got old, though, and life is too short to suffer a$$holes, so on ignore he went. It's too bad, but ask yourself if you would allow someone to speak like this to you in person.

I think his posts make him feel better about himself somehow. Sad.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It's the internet - it's not personal to me. I get what I need from all range of personalities and move on.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's the internet - it's not personal to me. I get what I need from all range of personalities and move on.

Yet you give me heat for ignoring him.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
What do guys who think boxer is "mean", do for a living? No wonder I have to waste half my life sitting in asinine SHARP briefings and EO talk nonsense. American males have turned into absolute ninny's.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What do guys who think boxer is "mean", do for a living? No wonder I have to waste half my life sitting in asinine SHARP briefings and EO talk nonsense. American males have turned into absolute ninny's.

+1

Wondered about this myself....

David

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'22,

She doesn't have 6 bucks to give away.(grin)

Don't sound like she's got 6 boolits to give away,either.

FUNNY schit!

URFUBAR,

Sweetheart,always nice of you to stop by and Whine. Very GOOD call as per always,to refrain ALL things The Rifle and get right on board your Vagina Monologue and add to your incredibly lengthy list of well found insecurities. Congratulations?!?

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot!

PLEASE use as much Imagination and Pretend that you deem requisite,to find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose even further in your own Stupidity.

You go girl!

Laffin'!

'seller,

Congratulations on your becoming a professional "victim",you Whining Clueless Kchunt. I'm,rather at ease in handing you(anyone/everyone) wellfounded facts upon a silver platter,if only because it's funnier than [bleep] to watch you Pretend you "can't" read them and then wallow in your amazing [bleep] Stupidity as a "Trump Card". I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo hard,you poor poor STUPID Kchunt.

Points awarded for your having enough Imagination to Pretend,that someone other than yourself,could "make" you look like such a Whining Clueless Kchunt?!? THAT is some seriously [bleep] funny schit! Congratulations?!? Lemme tell you a "secret",in that you are your weakest link. Best go ahead and read that again. Laffin'!

Mebbe mention Imaginary Pretend Ignore again,stick your pointy head and crossed-eyes a little deeper in the sand and play "victim" some more...if only because it's funnier than [bleep]. Don't forget to make a "stand" by not getting equipped right and keep really rationin' that ammo,so as to bolster your "results".

I still wanna know who chews your food for you?!?

Just ohhhhh sooooooooooo [bleep] WOW +P+!

Looking forward to more facinating recountings of all the things you almost did,the wares you almost did it with and the places you almost did 'em. Be sure and state how someone else "made" you come sooooooooooo "close".

Laffin'!

Jeezus [bleep],you take Stupidity to incredible [bleep] heights.

Should it help your World,please feel free to use as much Imagination and Pretend that it takes,to make it "real" to you,that you can whoop my ass.

Laffin'!

'diddle,

She ain't interested in facts. She's HOPING that someone will feed the fires of her insecurities and correlate how badly she's been "wronged",by the courteous arrival of wellfounded facts,being placed at her itty-bitty feet.

Too [bleep] funny!

'sus,

Bet your ass,that a picture would correlate EVERY [bleep] thing you are thinking about her.

Laffin'!

'9,

Careful now,she's got Jeezus.

Laffin'!

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

I'm in sales, I have a pretty thick skin. I have to take crap at work, I'll be damned if I'll take it from some a-hole on the internet.

A ninny I ain't. I've just got better things to do.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm in sales, I have a pretty thick skin. I have to take crap at work, I'll be damned if I'll take it from some a-hole on the internet.

P

P

Pharm,

Get a grip. You're just getting schit flicked at you for saying stupid things. Nobody needs to know about your problems at work. You're telling us you "take crap". That's unfortunate but maybe you can change that.

"A-hole" is actually trying to help you, and you just don't know it. Pretend Ignore is like fake threats to go to Human Resources.

I gotta say... most .mil guys I know and most of the dudes I've worked with are able to flick schit at each other. Maybe its a shop environment but it seems that others can't handle it. You just flick it back... or sometimes you man-up and say that you were talking out your azz. Instead of getting offended?

The beauty of this forum and a very few others is that some dudes will call BS. Otherwise we get bad info passed on like the Gospel where moderators jump in to keep feelers from getting stomped.

Think about it...

Jason

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You waste your life sitting in meetings because you are a moron!
You blame others for your miserable work? Really?

I think this is great we can ditch any pretense of civility and every thread can devolve into moronic junior high type name calling.
I am sure it will enhance the campfire greatly?

Anybody with half a brain can see Boxer is a wack job.

Now GFY and get back to your politically correct meetings. smile
How am I doing so far Formid??

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

Pharm,

Get a grip. You're just getting schit flicked at you for saying stupid things. Nobody needs to know about your problems at work. You're telling us you "take crap". That's unfortunate but maybe you can change that.

"A-hole" is actually trying to help you, and you just don't know it. Pretend Ignore is like fake threats to go to Human Resources.

I gotta say... most .mil guys I know and most of the dudes I've worked with are able to flick schit at each other. Maybe its a shop environment but it seems that others can't handle it. You just flick it back... or sometimes you man-up and say that you were talking out your azz. Instead of getting offended?

The beauty of this forum and a very few others is that some dudes will call BS. Otherwise we get bad info passed on like the Gospel where moderators jump in to keep feelers from getting stomped.

Think about it...

Jason [/quote]

The guy asked what I did for a living, so I told him.

And getting crap in sales isn't a problem, it's SOP. I've been in sales for years and I do pretty well, so I guess I've learned to handle it. As a matter of fact, I really like my job.

Why do you insist he's on "pretend" ignore? I'm looking for an honest answer to this question.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'seller,

Oh yes...you've incredibly "thick" skin. Thick enough for Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Laffin'!

Undoubtedly,the "harrowing" "trevails" you've "encountered" in Sales,has really been "positive" in it's "influences" of your "resolve". I'm [bleep] crying I'm laughing sooooooooooooo [bleep] hard. Holy schit your a Bumbling Boob chock full of Estrogen!

Cheer up,there ain't NO reason for you to fret someone else "making" you look like a bigger piece of Whining Do Nothing Schit,than you do...by simply doing your "best". Congratulations?!?

Mebbe give a 6-Week Countdown,with a fascinating look at the round count in synch for the "preparation" of your Big Weekend Trip?!? A chart would be [bleep] awesome!

Laffin'!

4th,

She's "rugged" and a "hard charger" to boot.

Hell...she can even Imagine to Pretend,that her Imaginary Pretend Ignore is "real".

Laffin'!

URFUBAR,

Sweetheart,I'll again feign my "surprise",that you gave ALL things The Rifle an exceedingly wide berth...but are at ease in burning bandwidth for your Vagina Monologue(s).

You'd do well to always remember and if only in the interest of fact(s)...that you'll always be ahead of the curve,when you start things off by [bleep] yourself,if only because you'll get more poozy that way. You "lucky" bitch. Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot.

Might I suggest some Secret Squirrel PM's,to compliment Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as you Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbfhuqqs extoll obliviously,your simply [bleep] INCREDIBLE stupidity. Then do not forget to hold your breath the next time you are in the throes of a right proper Hissy Fit,so as to really drive a point home. Style Points is held in high esteem. Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

Hang a pic of your pointy head and crossed-eyes. I dare ya'. Looking forward to the Whine and Excuses that are very obviously pending.

Laffin'!

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Just sayin'.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
When a tree falls in the forest and it's on ignore, does it really make a sound?

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
do you furiously scribble instruction notes from boxer when you pretend to have him on ignore?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
do you furiously scribble instruction notes from boxer when you pretend to have him on ignore?

Seems to me several people advised Pharmseller to stick with his 6x42 and he chose to follow that advice.
Boxer advised to send it in for a M1 turret, did I miss something or did he decide to send his scope in? WTF

Oh and Don, your nose up Boxers ass is unbecoming! laugh

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

No, but I did a cut and paste from his advice to me a few years ago and put it into a Word document. I refer to it every once in awhile when I work up a new load.

Other than that he's an unwatched channel.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by irfubar

Seems to me several people advised Pharmseller to stick with his 6x42 and he chose to follow that advice.
Boxer advised to send it in for a M1 turret, did I miss something or did he decide to send his scope in? WTF

Oh and Don, your nose up Boxers ass is unbecoming! laugh

You missed nothing. I'm going to hunt with the rifle as-is. I have a 225 yard zero and I won't shoot past 400 yards or so. I have a good rangefinder. I don't think a CDS or turret would change much.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'22,

Her Pretendathon is rather impressive.

I reckon her being in Sales,makes the lie(s) even easier for her to tell.

Laffin'!

URFUBAR,

Ain't it an interesting constant,in that the only [bleep] way you'll ever be correct,is if/when you are quoting me?!?

Bless your heart.

Feel free to plagiarize pics too.

Laffin'!

'seller,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please and just be certain to tell yourself,that which you most need to hear,first. Laffin'!

"Congratulations" upon having a 1000yd++ platform,that'll only arrange it's crosshair to intersect a victim at (1) distance. That really took some deep "thinking"...you poor,poor STUPID [bleep]. Laffin'!

Hot offa the press,minutes ago and if only for conversation. A leetle 7-08AI R&D,in the interest of adding even more to the compresstitude of '15 and to see if '17 would shine. Only makes 2850fps on the nose with 162 "blems" and only into the .6's...though I was assuredly asking a bunch of it to pinhole through the Rhubarb Patch.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gained .5MOA of erector travel,due their landing that much higher at 100 in relation to it's 250yd zero. Only shot it out to the 750yd line to get a feel for the "vertical",beings ES was 6fps and the bitch hung tight. The extry velocity and halfa-minute,do not hurt the equation and just might come in handy. She's a fairly SINISTER Bitch,in da' wind too. Hint.

PLEASE keep telling yourself you ain't peekin' and really makin' headway with your AMAZINGLY [bleep] stupid approach. I reckon them (3) extry rounds will last you a lifetime. Here's to your EPIC "stand","thick" skin,uncanny "resolve",vast "experience",incredible "knowledge" and fantastic "results".

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooooo [bleep] hard.

Pardon my going back to the Reloading Bench,as you flaunt more Imagination and Pretend...while telling yourself all them lies.

Laffin'!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pharmseller,
Congratulations on drawing an Oregon antelope tag, not an easy thing to do!
I haven't hunted Oregon goats, couldn't draw a tag.
I have hunted goats many times in northern Nevada, just across the border from Oregon.

One interesting thing I found is while the valley's hold the majority of goats, the hills and even the mountains hold many trophy goats.

They are much easier to hunt in the hills as you can usually stalk much closer, 300yds should be easy.
Getting within 300yds in the valley's can be more of a challenge, especially if there is any hunting pressure.

I did hunt sheep a few years ago in south east Oregon and found several trophy goats hangin as high as the sheep, so my Nevada experiences seem to hold true in Oregon also?

Good luck with your hunt and hope you get a trophy, Oregon goats are well represented in the trophy books.

Learn to judge goats, practice to 300yds and don't shoot the first goat that looks good!! the real big ones look big.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll trade you a pound of Big Game for that POS scope with CDS grin.

Seriously, if you want to get an M1 and start shooting beyond 400y, I can spare a pound. Whatcha got to tradegrin?

Jason

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I'll trade you a pound of Big Game for that POS scope with CDS grin.

Seriously, if you want to get an M1 and start shooting beyond 400y, I can spare a pound. Whatcha got to tradegrin?

Jason

What kind of Big Game? I'm selling some NOS that I bought from SM Guns in Eugene. The canisters have handles and I'm looking for the shorter rectangular canisters. Do you need bullets? I have a bunch.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What kind of Big Game? I'm selling some NOS that I bought from SM Guns in Eugene. The canisters have handles and I'm looking for the shorter rectangular canisters. Do you need bullets? I have a bunch.
P

Its Ramshot, no handle. If you have NOS, why not use it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How much New-New-Stock do you have left?

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
A guy in Corvallis bought all the NOS tonight.

I didn't get the same velocity with the old stuff. Significant, too, close to 150 ft/sec.

I have 3 lbs of the new stuff, another forum member found some for me.

Quinn

Last edited by Pharmseller; 07/16/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So what's the plan now that you have an extra 3-lbs of powder, 6x or 3-9x?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holy [bleep] this this is the funniest post EVER on the fire! LMFAO!!

"Hurt feelers report" Where does he come up with this stuff!! Awesome!

Originally Posted by Boxer
'seller,

My bad,I had forgotten your ruse of playing Imaginary Pretend Ignore and the "fulfillment" and sweet "satisfaction" that is your's,by taking it to the next level. It's your Imagination,PLEASE use it as you best deem fit,as you are on an epic tear. On the average,when you Imagine something,how long does it take for it to become "real" to you?!? Laffin'!

Perhaps next,"explain" why it is that you THE dumbest of [bleep],are so quick to Pretend to poke your heads in the sand?!? Laffin'! Perhaps consider filling out a Hurt Feelers Report?!? Re-laffin'!

Jeezus God you are an amazingly inept Dumbfhuqq and there's simply no cap on how much Pretend you can muster and Imagination you can flaunt. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

You be SURE to make a grand "stand" and refrain maximizing the potential of a given platform,because you are a broke Clueless Dumbfhuqq,"only" have 6 weeks to do it in and are "afraid" to fire 3 more shots,for a Tag you finally drew! THAT is [bleep] FUNNY schit!

Now don't [bleep] up again and reply,because if you remember correctly...you "can't" read this either,as the "dreaded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore is in full "effect". Laffin'!

[bleep] WOW +P+!!!

Here's hoping you don't shoot your Imagination out...as your "best" efforts are simply offa the [bleep] charts,in their oblivious hilarity. I find myself looking forward to the requisite Excuses and Whine,which will certainly be following your fruitless Hunt.

Good luck and stick to your guns! Your haste to tote Stupidity to places it's never been before,is poignantly poetic humor and wonderfully magnified,because there is NO doubt...you are doing the "best" that you can. Mebbe poke your head a little further in the sand,then wonder aloud yet again as to why,you are sooooooo incredibly [bleep] Stupid,due "all" the things you almost do and the amazing amassing of that "experience" in compilation. Laffin'!

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo hard!!!

Bless your heart.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Can you explain the choice of M1 knobs ?
Can M3 dials be installed on a 6x42 completion hunter?

Anyone have a 6x42 completion hunter and your review or opinions?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'port,

The Whining Do Nothing Kchunt is a hoot,that is for certain.

She stumps amazingly easily,but do have a vivid Imagination and wonderful Pretend.

Do you think she's reading this,despite the fanfare to the contrary?!?

Me too.

Laffin'!

'Death,

M1's are an easy choice,because there is nothin' better. They are positive,anchor well,stay where one wishes,are hell for stout and easy to see/manipulate...if only for starters.

Left of frame to right:

1) Reupold MK4 M3 3.5-10x 40mm(no caps) BDC wearing MOA/yardage scale 1MOA ele/.5MOA wind

2) Reupold M8 6x 42mm A/O with .25MOA/.25MOA target turrets(capped)

3) Reupold MK4 M3 6x 40mm(capped) BDC wearing yardage scale only,1MOA ele/.5MOA wind

4) Reupold 6x 42mm non-A/O M1's .25MOA/.25MOA

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

M3 BDC,compared to "regular" target turrets(all that was long available on 1" tubes).

[Linked Image]

OLD School M3 BDC(which turns the "wrong" way and has no MOA scale) and M1 turret. On OLD School schit,I scribe a zero reference and one can either count 1 MOA "clicks" or extraopolate yardage references,to coincide with whatever boolit and it's speed,you happen to be shooting. Kenton used to make turrets in MOA scale,but was out of blanks last I talked to them. Leupold might.

M1's simply always RULE.

[Linked Image]

M3's are made to be fast and impetus was to get a 308 out to 1k or so,in a single revolution. I'd MUCH prefer .5MOA ele and 1 MOA Windage. Could give a [bleep] less,about zero stop.

The 6x42 Competition Hunter is 1/8" turrets wearing A/O. BT/DT and they are easy to pass on. Parallax adjustment is largely moot on a 6x and my favorite of the ilk is the Fixed [bleep]'s rear focus approach. It's fast and the only time I use it,is when threading needles up close and it'll go down to 10yds,which don't suck. As a default,I'm happy with it at a 250 or so setting and forget it's even there.

6x MOA/Mil Fixed [bleep] and it's parallax adjustment.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

6x Fixed [bleep] Mil/Mil turret.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/822/z7a9.jpg[/img]

6x Fixed [bleep] MOA/Mil on my Rocktucky and a 250yd zero,with 126.5MOA remaining on the erector(with 75A-Max). That due DD bases shimmed in the ass .025" and another .020" via DD Signatures.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/661/eb545a.jpg[/img]

6x Mil/Mil Fixed [bleep] on my SAmtucky,with .050" in the ass and .020" in the DD Signature rings. Same zero leaves 42.7 Mils of erector travel(with fullhouse 75A-Max).

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/a3e237.jpg[/img]

6x MOA/Mil Fixed [bleep] on Montucky setback/punchout 223AI. "Flat" DD base/rings and 80.75MOA remaining on the erector,from like zero(with F/F 50's).

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/855/eyg5.jpg[/img]

M3's are not an option on a 1" tube...M1 is King,but a Fixed [bleep] has nearly 3x the erector travel of a 1" 6x Reupold and are certainly M1-esque.

Here's hoping 'seller is still savin' them (3) boolits.

Laffin'!

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
140 grain Nosler Accubond (2823 ft/sec MV)
47.5 grains Big Game
Winchester Large Rifle Magnum primer
New Remington brass
2.805" OAL
Tikka T3 Lite Stainless
Leupold FX3 6x42
200 yards (this is as far as I can shoot at my club, but I'm going to practice locally to 300 yards)

[Linked Image]

This was off the bench, but I also shot several times sitting, using my Primos Trigger Stick, at a picture of an elk. The group was a little bigger but every shot was a kill shot.

I know that 400 yards is a lot farther than 200 yards, but I think I'll be okay with the straight six.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Everyone knows that those Tikka's are going to be obsolete now that the Ruger America is out wink

Great shooting.....like the combo!

Last edited by mistem; 07/20/14.

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pharm:

I like the post of your target, and it looks like you are good to go. Enjoy your hunt, and let us know how things go.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
Pharm:

I like the post of your target, and it looks like you are good to go. Enjoy your hunt, and let us know how things go.

Will do. I found out today that my dad (76) is coming with me!

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
boxer,
i do believe you are quite experienced and have alot of knowledge, you are still a jerk.however after 29 years of military/government work ive seen alot of experienced jerks that i worked with,some were even friends but were still dickheds.if i needed advice i wood ask yer nasty goat smelling ass,but your ass still sucks canal water.by the way if ya ever need a wmd disabled let me know and ll give ya a hand.
jd

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
dumbschit,

I'll happily be whatever your Imagination and Pretend NEEDS me to be,in order for you to atempt to salve your [bleep] countless insecurities.

Very much enjoyed your fascinating recounting,of your decades spent with clueless [bleep]...as your oblivious quantification of one of the oldest of adages,in that "birds of a feather...flock together". Congratulations?!?! Laffin'!

I'll feign my "surprise",that a Vagina Monologue and Hissy Fit,are as close as you'll dare come to any/all things The Rifle.

Bless your heart.

Perhaps consider going FULL Secret Squirrel and waxing eloquent yet again,on all the things you almost did,all the wares you nearly did 'em with and all the places you almost did 'em. Laffin'!

Cracks me the [bleep] up,that the first move of you Clueless Drooling Dumb [bleep],is to always start cramming things in your mouth and ass?!? Second thing is a series of bumbling [bleep] excuses,as to what incredibly sloooowwwwwww "learners" you are and then it's culminated in the glaringly obvious reaffirmation,that I always knock the ball outta da Park. Well no schit...dumbfhuqq. Laffin'!

Good talk.

Looking forward to more Whine and some fresh Excuses,as you attest to how incredibly [bleep] funny your "best" really is.

Wow +P+.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
ya know you have a flower mouth,you try to sound smart and educated but its just another hosebag,maybe you are educated but i myself think your just an old deuche bag mouth that likes to be heard.no i never was a secret squirrel,but i did a job im betting you still dont have the balls to do.i really think its funny how you TRY to sound so tough,yer a punk so how about hero wanna go play with some VX GB or ricin?you dont even rate a pimple on a disabled vets ass.how about it rambo?

Last edited by sandpit; 07/24/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dude, if you're a Vet, thanks for your service. But damn man, a little grammar goes a long way.....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
i appologize for my grammer,i just had knee surgery friday and am a little fuzzy still.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
sandkchunt,

Bitchin' Whine and killer Excuses! Congratulations?!?

Please show no "mercy",as you "ruthlessly" schlep [bleep] Stupidity,to places it's never been before and wax eloquent on your never ending Vagina Monologue. Laffin'!

You be sure and spell out to yourself...your countless WELL founded insecurities and just maybe,you'll be able to convince yourself of something you [bleep] desperately need to hear. Pun be intended and perhaps someone will take pity and explain it to you. Laffin'!

Yet again I'm forced to feign my "surprise",that the only things you can offer in the firsthand are Imagination,Pretend,Excuses and your fine Whine.

Bless your heart,you poor poor Clueless Kchunt.

Do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Laffin'!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
FX3 6x42

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (12344mag, 300jimmy, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 2UP, 22 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.