Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks.

I'm looking for something horseback friendly. Right now I'm thinking about making one out of a pump-up sprayer as saddlesore has suggested in the past. Should be very similar to your setup and a bit lighter.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy...
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by CFVA
Originally Posted by MightyPeace
We just heat the water in 5gal stainless steel pails on the firepit, dump into another 5 gallon plastic pail, mix with some cold water for desired temperature. We use a submersible pump and a kitchen sink style spray nozzle. Works great. We use to set up shower with a wooden frame and some thin poly, now we have a small tent that was made for an outdoor potty that you buy instead...works good.

I had friends come out to moose camp and said they never shower on their hunting trips. But after they try it, they say they will be doing it as well.

Funniest part is watching the guys come out of the shower and making a mad dash to the wall tent, especially when its cold out. Sure is nice to wash the shmag off your bag after hunting - walking/hiking/riding on the quads/rhinos.

On our 7 day (leave sunday morning) Moose hunting trip, we take 1-2 showers, usually the Tuesday mid day after lunch and same on Friday. If its the 1-shower trips, its on Wednesday.

Do you know the model of submersible pump you're using?

Thanks.

Not off the top of my head...just got at typical hardware store. I know ours is a small blue in colour. I use to have a small plastic tank and use an RV water pump, but it was something more to pack (tank). I would think any submersible would work. There are the SUMP-style ones and you can connect a garden hose to and use a spray nozzle as your shower head. Its sure nice to have the reach to wash everywhere....LOL.

Secondly if you needed to rinse off the quarters of meat hanging to clean them up if you got hair/shot blood clots/grass, the portable setup works great to help rinse and wipe down/off. My group - we are preety clean at dressing out the game but once in a while, the odd tub trailer flip over or dragging a dressed out moose/elk behind the quad , you get some dirt /grass, etc.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There are a lot of submersible pumps in the boating section of most sporting goods stores. They come in all sorts of volumes and are plastic, cheap, and run on 12 v.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thank you both.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hey CF, let me know where you're camped, I might have to stop in for a shower and a few beers!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
And hopefully some elk steaks!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 50 invisible), 1,958 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,186
Posts18,465,749
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.