Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I have it in my head that I want one of these in an alloy frame. I have been looking hard at the Dan Wesson CCO. I know Colt makes a CCO, and Sig makes the C3... Am I missing any other makes that are under 1500$?

GB1

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most definitely! Caspian makes both an alloy and a titanium officer's frame.

Pictured here:
(Left) Officer titanium frame with long dust covers, Colt government slide.

(Right) Caspian alloy frame, Colt Commander Slide.

[Linked Image]

Both have S&A back straps and mag wells.

The rails on the frames are welded before leaving the factory for extended life. I've had great success with Caspian for a number of years.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
What is the point?

Officer's with 7rd aftermarket mag and its standard frame assy is more concealable and balanced. Not like another 3/4" of barrel
is gonna deliver significant gain in velocity.

Load the heavy bullets and you have a fine carry weapon.

May as well go with a Government model if you want max velocity or longer sight radius. Comparing Officer's to Govt model a minute ago, the extra 1"+ of slide & bushing plus the extra 3/4" of magazine well does not look that substantial, but I rarely carry concealed. Officer's in a Summer Special is very nice and compact. If you benefit from Officer's chopped frame dimensions, why not stay with the shorter barrel? Not like you're looking at bullseye comps with a short frame rig anyway...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aluminum Caspian frames are not a regular item, they don't even list them on their web site. They're a sometimes item when they do a run of them. I wish they were a regular item, that would be nice.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by hogan
What is the point?

Had something very similar done a few years back. Started with a Para 10 (Officer's double-stack frame) and had a P-14 slide fitted (Government Model length).

Have to say that the balance when shooting that pistol with the GM slide was significantly better and follow ups seemed easier and quicker IMO. As my pet peeve with OM 1911s is that they are fairly muzzle light the CCO configurations seem a good solution, as they retain the concealability advantage of the OM frame. Maybe a minor point but part of the search for the perfect CC pistol. smile

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

IC B2

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not like you're looking at bullseye comps with a short frame rig anyway...

There's a manure spreader among us. I beg to disagree...

[Linked Image]

Common target from my 25yo daughter. The officer/commander is her pistol. That's 5 shots at 21'. FREEHAND!

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc
Not like you're looking at bullseye comps with a short frame rig anyway...

There's a manure spreader among us. I beg to disagree...

[Linked Image]

Common target from my 25yo daughter. The officer/commander is her pistol. That's 5 shots at 21'. FREEHAND!

DMc

WOW, I mean WOW Mr. Wilson gee golly whiz a whoppin' 7 yards !
With a two hand hold I bet.

Not saying that you or your gun aren't capable but posting pictures of targets literally spitting distance away serves no purpose.

Peace, 284

Just my 2 cents.

Go here with your "target" and show it off.
http://www.bullseyeforum.net/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Colt originated the CCO, AFAIK. Easier to conceal than a GM or Commander, due to the shorter frame, but still having the reliable Commander-length slide.

Baer also sells the Stinger model, in the same pattern.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,851
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.