Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a link to what Paul Mauser would say: Paul Mauser on the M12

I read that the M12 has a plastic magazine. grin I have not seen a picture of it.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I had a Montana in 308 that came with a Meostar 3-10x50 like the one you have on it and to be honest the two don't mate together well. That is a big, heavy scope for such a svelte rifle. The glass is great but not on that gun. If you are dead set on using that scope I'd opt for a more sporter weight rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Did you tune them at all?

Nope! They shot like crap and sold them off. At that price you should not have to do anything to them in my opinion.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

μολὼν λαβέ

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fotis,

You are amongst the last kchunt,who'd be deemed fit to critique a [bleep] rifle. Congratulations?!? It'd take some REAL doing,to find a dumber [bleep] than you,in regards to any/all things The Rifle. Just sayin'...though SquatToPee is really trying hard. Laffin'!

It's just a [bleep] shame,that you are too [bleep] STUPID,to have any inkling,to just how amazingly [bleep] stupid you are. Read that again,as besides being poignantly poetic,it is also profound. Laffin'!

Now in all fairness to your "vast" "experience","incredible" "knowledge" and "uncanny" "results",I've not been around much more than a couple/few dozen Montuckys,which by and large ran the gamut nicely(.378",.473" and .532"). Hopefully,that'll grant you the ripe opportunity to summons more of your Imagination and activate even more of your Pretend. Laffin'!

If only for conversation and but a coupla days ago,I'll happily burst your contrived bubbles,formulated with your means,abilities and comprehension...which is of course the MOST slippery of slopes. Laffin'!

Hasty Montucky 100yd cluster,with new lot of powder,verifying come-ups with Lapooey Virgins. Bottom trio,had 1000MOA dumped in the erector,betwixt each poke. I realize you'll haveta Google that. Laffin'!

In fairness,the wind and mirage were doing no favors.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Then a 375yd quickaloo trio,for come-up confirmation...in even more wind.

[Linked Image]

How's 'bout a 700yd+ .5MOA hasty string,while laughing at STUPID [bleep] like you?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You may prefer the video.

Montucky's Do NOT Shoot

Be SURE to keep extolling your "expertise"...because it is funnier than [bleep],you sorry Clueless Kchunt.

Points awarded for Imaginary Pretend Ignore and a Hurt Feeler's Report.

Laffin'!

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I dont know other than what strosfan pointed out I would tend to stick with your choice and get the kimber. That's what you want and it's likely that if you settle for anything else and you will always be sitting in your deer stand thinking I could have had a kimber. They make a lot of rifles and other than some grousing here on the fire I don't hear much negatives about them. Sort of like remington 700's , you'd think from what some here on the fire espouse that you couldn't make from the gun store to your car w/o the bolt handle falling off and the extractor breaking but I've owned probably a dozen over the past 40 years and all were nice rifles, trouble free and all shot well.

Oh and the 7mm-08 is an excellent choice for a all around game rifle. It will certainly handle any deer you will ever run across. Just go for it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Fotis

Nope! They shot like crap and sold them off. At that price you should not have to do anything to them in my opinion.

That's simply BS. In the time it would take to have a couple cups of coffee one could relieve mag box tension (if existed) and minor adjustments to inlet, tweak the factory trigger (Kimber has of the best IMO), float and add some Devcon 10110. The Montana platform is worth investing some time in where needed. And it's all simple stuff.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CLB

That's simply BS. In the time it would take to have a couple cups of coffee one could relieve mag box tension (if existed) and minor adjustments to inlet, tweak the factory trigger (Kimber has of the best IMO), float and add some Devcon 10110. The Montana platform is worth investing some time in where needed. And it's all simple stuff.

I don't know anything about how the average Kimber shoots, but I agree with Fotis that for $1500 I would expect a rifle to shoot very well right out of the box. For far less I can buy a rifle that will do so with little if any additional work on my part.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'eye,

The obvious stumps many,which is never not funny.

If a [bleep] boltgun stumps someone,I gotta wonder who actuates the faucet for 'em...so they can get a drink of water?!?(grin)

They prolly wear shoes with velcro,insteada laces too.

Laffin'!

CLB,

You must drink coffee purty [bleep] slow.(grin)

It's a coupla minutes,to yield exceptional results forever.

Notta bad trade.

'Hunter,

Who chews your food for you?

You stupid [bleep] Whine about schit,you are less than 100% TOTALLY [bleep] clueless about. Who starts a roll of toilet paper for you?!?

Sweetheart,there ain't nothin' on the Market that'll begin to hang with a Montucky,as a total package. Though it's always a hoot to get your "critique" on sumptin',due your "knowledge","experience" and "results". Laffin'!

Someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is ALWAYS gonna be better served by asking questions,instead of "answering" them. Shut the [bleep] up,slow down,take notes and apply same...if only because it WILL help your game. Hint.

Thank me later.

Laffin'!

Wow +P+.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got sand in your vagina again huh you travelocity gnome. Listen you inbred lepton. If I want your opinion I will give it to you. For God's sake get some therapy. What are you sexually frustrated and come on here to take it out on others? Get some prozak and a blow-updoll you bitch and mind your mouth Mr Know-it all.

You're dismissed jackazz.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CLB

Sir for you yes. For me no. Appreciate the input though. For the same price I can get a Sako that shoots great out of the box.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Fotis�couldn't agree with you more on the Kimbers�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fotis,

You AMAZINGLY inept Whining Kchunt...weren't my intent to horn you up. Laffin'! It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST and be certain to tell yourself those things you most need to hear. Re-laffin'!

I'll feign my "surprise" that you yet again went wayyyyyyyyy outta your road,to avoid ALL things The Rifle,yet had plenty of time for another Vagina Monologue. Congratulations?

Why is it that you Drooling Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqqs default immediately,to cramming things in your mouths and ass?

Keep on rockin' your "esteemed" "critiques",which are chock full of your "keen" "experience","incredible" "knowledge" and "amazing" "results"...brought to fruition by poignant reflection of your "hard charging" ways. Laffin'!

Jeezus [bleep]...you are as [bleep] clueless as they come.

Bless your heart.

Off to gun multiple Montuckys in 223,223AI and Whizzum.

Google it.

Laffin'!

PS and by the way,if only as per always...I dare you to find me "mistaken" and rest assured,that I will rub your nose even further in your amazing STUPIDITY.

Just sayin',so do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Laffin'!

WOW +P+!

'gwe,

Hoping you BELIEVE in Reincarnation,as you's at least 100yrs away from a first clue.

Laffin'!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CLB

Sir for you yes. For me no. Appreciate the input though. For the same price I can get a Sako that shoots great out of the box.

If you had spent 1/10th of the time tweaking the rifles as you have just spent bitching about them on the internet, you would have great shooting guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And another post turns into a bitching.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Goat:

Thank you for your phenomenal input. I will treasure it forever!

Who is bitching? All I said is that for a $1200 rifle they shot like crap and I offed them. Period.

You like them you tune them. I did not so I sold them.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Boxer

'gwe,

Hoping you BELIEVE in Reincarnation,as you's at least 100yrs away from a first clue.

Laffin'!

Remarks like that are gonna hurt my feelers�and you KNOW I'm sensitive�..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I am convinced.

We are all clueless but you all mighty gnome.

I am done.

μολὼν λαβέ

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[bleep] Boxer! How am I supposed to buy Kimbers on the cheap if you keep telling everyone they can be made to shoot? Its been proven that Kimbers just SUCK. So for all of you with those piece of chits PM me and for the right price I will dispose of them properly for you.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 43 invisible), 2,906 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,580
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.