Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
JK1986 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Been looking at getting a new rifle for hunting in general but mainly for deer. I have already purchased a 3-10X50 Meostar for the new setup. Now I have completely confused myself with what rifle to mount it on. Where I live I do not get the opportunity to hold a lot of different brands and models so it will have to be an ordered in rifle more than likely. I was dead set on a Kimber Montana in 7-08 until I read all the accuracy horror stories. I would hate to chance the funds on a rifle that has a history of accuracy issues. If those are a thing of the past then I would lean that route. Really would like to keep the cost around $1k give or take a few hundred and rather have a stainless/synthetic over wood but either is fine. Any suggestions are appreciated.

GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
My choice would be a Winchester M 70 Ultimate Shadow in either .30-06 or .270.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having done a Kimber and a Weatherby, I think I'd look hard at a Sako M85 Finnlight

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't be afraid of the Kimber. A little tinkering (if needed) will make them shoot and you will have one of the best handling, best feeling rifles available.

PS. I have had but one rifle in the last 10 years that needed no tinkering; a Cooper 7mm-08. But, they are a little more than you said you wanted to spend.

Cooper Excaliber stainless 7mm-08. I know, just a three shot group, but it does it over, and over, and over. This is with 140 gr. Partitions over RL-15.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Weight is 7 lbs. 2 ozs. with Talley lightweights and an FX II 6x36 on board.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Deer hunting is an awfully broad description of the hunting you intend to do and says nothing about the terrain. Size of deer (100lb or 250 lb) and type of hunting (stand in the woods or hiking above timberline) also would help in getting recommendations that would fit your situation.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Tikka T3 in 300wsm should be great medicine on any deer in any terrain.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have a Montana 7mm-08. It shoots very well but is more difficult to shoot well than my heavier rifles. It takes better technique and better concentration. If you want light right at $1000, there is no equal to the Montana.

If you want a good rifle still fairly light, the Tikka Superlight sold at Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabelas's is a very good choice.

If you want a good rifle in moderate weight, a model 70 Winchester is a find choice. I would say Rem 700 too but I would rather have an older one than a new one.

If you want a decent rifle at a great price the Ruger American is tops IMHO.

If I wanted assurance of accuracy in the least weight I would save a little more and get the Cooper Excalibur.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by LoneWati
Tikka T3 in 300wsm should be great medicine on any deer in any terrain.

Why in the world do you need a 300 wsm to kill a deer?

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
RH,You can't kill deer too dead..

mk, I am a long time Rem. fan.. But as someone said, I would prefer older 700's. I agree with elkhuntermn. I bought my first model 70 in many years.. After shooting it, I don't see how you could go wrong.. The ONLY thing I have against is the trigger adjustment.. But the fit, finish, and accuracy of the rifle left nothing to be desired.. Go 7mm-08 if your heart is set on it, but again, like elk, I would go 30-06 or .270. If I were buying this afternoon, it would be a .270.. I have all three and killed game with all three. Second would be the 06, and a distant third the 08.

Molon Labe
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If I were going to buy a new factory sporter in the price range you mentioned, I'd be looking very hard at the Winchester M70 EW in .308.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
TC Venture 30/06 165 grn.hornady interloc btsp 50gr imr 4064 seated to the cannalure.mine shoots these sub moa out to 500yrds.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
What would a Winchester 70 Featherweight Compact in McMillan Edge weigh? I'm thinking that it would come in under six pounds and all told, run about $1,200 or so.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

J
JK1986 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Deer hunting is an awfully broad description of the hunting you intend to do and says nothing about the terrain. Size of deer (100lb or 250 lb) and type of hunting (stand in the woods or hiking above timberline) also would help in getting recommendations that would fit your situation.

Average size of deer runs between 165-230lbs. Terrain is both thick and open. This will be a stand rifle but need to be suited for the stalk into the stand as well. A walk up to or over a mile with a treestand and gear on your back weighing close to 30lbs is normal. Most hikes are on average 45min -1hr. Vegetation and terrain is very diverse. One minute you are on flat ground next can be barely making it up the side of a steep ridge. Visible distances can go from not seeing more than 10yds to wide open up to 300yds. If I know the stand setup is relatively thick and the shots are known to be close I carry my brush rifle which is a Rem. 760 in 30-06.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by mkirk
Where I live I do not get the opportunity to hold a lot of different brands and models so it will have to be an ordered in rifle more than likely.
I have been pondering a new Howa Stainless Alpine model mountain rifle, they can be ordered with a Bansner stock installed and a 20" #1 contour barrel available in 7mm/08 or .308 Win..

Also would like to have a new Tikka Stainless Camo rifle.

I trust both of these brands for consistent quality.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Average size of deer runs between 165-230lbs. Terrain is both thick and open. This will be a stand rifle but need to be suited for the stalk into the stand as well. A walk up to or over a mile with a treestand and gear on your back weighing close to 30lbs is normal. Most hikes are on average 45min -1hr. Vegetation and terrain is very diverse. One minute you are on flat ground next can be barely making it up the side of a steep ridge. Visible distances can go from not seeing more than 10yds to wide open up to 300yds. If I know the stand setup is relatively thick and the shots are known to be close I carry my brush rifle which is a Rem. 760 in 30-06.

Just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. Given your criteria, I would favor staying with 308 and above for that size deer although you could certainly go smaller and I'm sure there will be a hue and cry about shooting deer with tiny bullets but that is just not me. Since you already have an -06 that would be my first choice.
Next would be rifles and again just my $.02 but I favor medium to lightweight bolt action rifles especially when you are packing a lot of stuff so about 8 lbs all up is my limit including sling, scope, mounts, and full mag. The M70 FWT is about as heavy as I would consider and I have one of the newer ones and the fit and finish are very nice. Also have a Kimber and they may need a bit of tweaking but don't be afraid of them.
Don't have any experience with Tikka but they are well regarded. Wouldn't be afraid to look at a used M700 or other brands that you could pick up inexpensively and customize and still stay within your budget.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Been looking at getting a new rifle for hunting in general but mainly for deer. I have already purchased a 3-10X50 Meostar for the new setup. Now I have completely confused myself with what rifle to mount it on. Where I live I do not get the opportunity to hold a lot of different brands and models so it will have to be an ordered in rifle more than likely. I was dead set on a Kimber Montana in 7-08 until I read all the accuracy horror stories. I would hate to chance the funds on a rifle that has a history of accuracy issues. If those are a thing of the past then I would lean that route. Really would like to keep the cost around $1k give or take a few hundred and rather have a stainless/synthetic over wood but either is fine. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I was in the same boat as you this past weekend. I really wanted a Kimber Montana in 7mm-08 but was worried about some of the poor accuracy reports I had read. I talked to a few folks on here that have overcome those issues and I'm not worried about the issues anymore. So I ordered one yesterday. The rifle does feel and handle well! Hope it gets here by Friday.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
If I were going to buy a new factory sporter in the price range you mentioned, I'd be looking very hard at the Winchester M70 EW in .308.

John

I can't come up with an argument against that one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I know the stand setup is relatively thick and the shots are known to be close I carry my brush rifle which is a Rem. 760 in 30-06.

That "brush rifle" is good to your distance of 300 yards +.
But I do understand the "need" for additional guns.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
everyone has ideas, there are a lot of fine rifles. i have a savage american classic in 308...kimbers are also great rifles

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If I had some fine Czech glass waiting for a home...I'd get a fine Czech rifle... [Linked Image]
Make sure you don't overlook the CZ-550...damn fine, extremely accurate rifles.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personally I have owned a few kimbers and will never pay that much for a gun that patterns like a shotgun.
Not a single one shot well---at all!
My choices based on accuracy would be WBY vanguard, Sako, Tikka, Savage, and CZ 550.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Up the top end weights to 300+ pounds and this takes in a lot of whitetail country I have hunted from New Brunswick and New England to Alberta. In truth it takes in a lot of mule deer country too.

Lots of cartridges work and I have used the 270, 280, 7x57, 7/08, 30/06 and some magnum chamberings as well. I have yet to be anywhere that a 270 or 280 with a 22" barrel weighing about 7-7 1/2 pounds scoped was a handicap in any way.I have killed with anything along these lines that I have carried and at distances from 30 feet to a bit over 400 yards.

Mostly I have used a 270 Winchester for all this stuff.

Last edited by BobinNH; 07/15/14.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L

I just picked up a kimber montana in 7mm08 and this group is from my first work up load
(3 shots at 50 yds). It wouldn't group better than two or three inches until after the SAS treatment. Great guns but may take a little work.

I handled a Tikka SuperLite in 7mm08 and it was pretty nice. It would be a better choice if you still want to use the 50mm scope IMO.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If my Montanas shot like that I would have kept them.

μολὼν λαβέ

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Did you tune them at all?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Lots of old stuff out there that will get it done.
Should have bought the sako in the classifieds yesterday for 750

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by lochsa

I handled a Tikka SuperLite in 7mm08 and it was pretty nice. It would be a better choice if you still want to use the 50mm scope IMO.

Where did you find a a Superlite in 7mm-08?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
pharmseller,

I was mistaken, the 708 was a T3 lite and a 223 1:8 that I was interested in was the super lite. SW Idaho Sportsman's WH.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
You had me counting my pennies there for a minute!

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A .270 Win has always seemed to me to be an excellent choice and hard to beat for a dedicated deer rifle.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is that 'mauser' M12 just a push feed? frown

Is it the one on the left?

[Linked Image]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don�your 'stupid' is showing�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Don�your 'stupid' is showing�.

for your future use:

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Might be why he got fired from Cabela's.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
lawd ... the dreaded so-called QUOTE-UNQUOTE "MAUSER"

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Cabela's is one of those places were there are only two ways to get fired. A) Get caught stealing. B) Get into a fight with a customer.

Yet somehow 99 managed another way. Amazing

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since they can't answer the question of "Is that M12 just another push feed?" It's obvious that's all it is.

It looks like a poor value at $1500 and an insult to the original Mauser design.

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Pawl Mauser would be shaking his fist at the sky. "why, God?? WHY???"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a link to what Paul Mauser would say: Paul Mauser on the M12

I read that the M12 has a plastic magazine. grin I have not seen a picture of it.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I had a Montana in 308 that came with a Meostar 3-10x50 like the one you have on it and to be honest the two don't mate together well. That is a big, heavy scope for such a svelte rifle. The glass is great but not on that gun. If you are dead set on using that scope I'd opt for a more sporter weight rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman

Nope! They shot like crap and sold them off. At that price you should not have to do anything to them in my opinion.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

μολὼν λαβέ

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fotis,

You are amongst the last kchunt,who'd be deemed fit to critique a [bleep] rifle. Congratulations?!? It'd take some REAL doing,to find a dumber [bleep] than you,in regards to any/all things The Rifle. Just sayin'...though SquatToPee is really trying hard. Laffin'!

It's just a [bleep] shame,that you are too [bleep] STUPID,to have any inkling,to just how amazingly [bleep] stupid you are. Read that again,as besides being poignantly poetic,it is also profound. Laffin'!

Now in all fairness to your "vast" "experience","incredible" "knowledge" and "uncanny" "results",I've not been around much more than a couple/few dozen Montuckys,which by and large ran the gamut nicely(.378",.473" and .532"). Hopefully,that'll grant you the ripe opportunity to summons more of your Imagination and activate even more of your Pretend. Laffin'!

If only for conversation and but a coupla days ago,I'll happily burst your contrived bubbles,formulated with your means,abilities and comprehension...which is of course the MOST slippery of slopes. Laffin'!

Hasty Montucky 100yd cluster,with new lot of powder,verifying come-ups with Lapooey Virgins. Bottom trio,had 1000MOA dumped in the erector,betwixt each poke. I realize you'll haveta Google that. Laffin'!

In fairness,the wind and mirage were doing no favors.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Then a 375yd quickaloo trio,for come-up confirmation...in even more wind.

[Linked Image]

How's 'bout a 700yd+ .5MOA hasty string,while laughing at STUPID [bleep] like you?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You may prefer the video.

Montucky's Do NOT Shoot

Be SURE to keep extolling your "expertise"...because it is funnier than [bleep],you sorry Clueless Kchunt.

Points awarded for Imaginary Pretend Ignore and a Hurt Feeler's Report.

Laffin'!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I dont know other than what strosfan pointed out I would tend to stick with your choice and get the kimber. That's what you want and it's likely that if you settle for anything else and you will always be sitting in your deer stand thinking I could have had a kimber. They make a lot of rifles and other than some grousing here on the fire I don't hear much negatives about them. Sort of like remington 700's , you'd think from what some here on the fire espouse that you couldn't make from the gun store to your car w/o the bolt handle falling off and the extractor breaking but I've owned probably a dozen over the past 40 years and all were nice rifles, trouble free and all shot well.

Oh and the 7mm-08 is an excellent choice for a all around game rifle. It will certainly handle any deer you will ever run across. Just go for it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Fotis

Nope! They shot like crap and sold them off. At that price you should not have to do anything to them in my opinion.

That's simply BS. In the time it would take to have a couple cups of coffee one could relieve mag box tension (if existed) and minor adjustments to inlet, tweak the factory trigger (Kimber has of the best IMO), float and add some Devcon 10110. The Montana platform is worth investing some time in where needed. And it's all simple stuff.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CLB

That's simply BS. In the time it would take to have a couple cups of coffee one could relieve mag box tension (if existed) and minor adjustments to inlet, tweak the factory trigger (Kimber has of the best IMO), float and add some Devcon 10110. The Montana platform is worth investing some time in where needed. And it's all simple stuff.

I don't know anything about how the average Kimber shoots, but I agree with Fotis that for $1500 I would expect a rifle to shoot very well right out of the box. For far less I can buy a rifle that will do so with little if any additional work on my part.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'eye,

The obvious stumps many,which is never not funny.

If a [bleep] boltgun stumps someone,I gotta wonder who actuates the faucet for 'em...so they can get a drink of water?!?(grin)

They prolly wear shoes with velcro,insteada laces too.

Laffin'!

CLB,

You must drink coffee purty [bleep] slow.(grin)

It's a coupla minutes,to yield exceptional results forever.

Notta bad trade.

'Hunter,

Who chews your food for you?

You stupid [bleep] Whine about schit,you are less than 100% TOTALLY [bleep] clueless about. Who starts a roll of toilet paper for you?!?

Sweetheart,there ain't nothin' on the Market that'll begin to hang with a Montucky,as a total package. Though it's always a hoot to get your "critique" on sumptin',due your "knowledge","experience" and "results". Laffin'!

Someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is ALWAYS gonna be better served by asking questions,instead of "answering" them. Shut the [bleep] up,slow down,take notes and apply same...if only because it WILL help your game. Hint.

Thank me later.

Laffin'!

Wow +P+.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got sand in your vagina again huh you travelocity gnome. Listen you inbred lepton. If I want your opinion I will give it to you. For God's sake get some therapy. What are you sexually frustrated and come on here to take it out on others? Get some prozak and a blow-updoll you bitch and mind your mouth Mr Know-it all.

You're dismissed jackazz.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CLB

Sir for you yes. For me no. Appreciate the input though. For the same price I can get a Sako that shoots great out of the box.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Fotis�couldn't agree with you more on the Kimbers�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fotis,

You AMAZINGLY inept Whining Kchunt...weren't my intent to horn you up. Laffin'! It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST and be certain to tell yourself those things you most need to hear. Re-laffin'!

I'll feign my "surprise" that you yet again went wayyyyyyyyy outta your road,to avoid ALL things The Rifle,yet had plenty of time for another Vagina Monologue. Congratulations?

Why is it that you Drooling Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqqs default immediately,to cramming things in your mouths and ass?

Keep on rockin' your "esteemed" "critiques",which are chock full of your "keen" "experience","incredible" "knowledge" and "amazing" "results"...brought to fruition by poignant reflection of your "hard charging" ways. Laffin'!

Jeezus [bleep]...you are as [bleep] clueless as they come.

Bless your heart.

Off to gun multiple Montuckys in 223,223AI and Whizzum.

Google it.

Laffin'!

PS and by the way,if only as per always...I dare you to find me "mistaken" and rest assured,that I will rub your nose even further in your amazing STUPIDITY.

Just sayin',so do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Laffin'!

WOW +P+!

'gwe,

Hoping you BELIEVE in Reincarnation,as you's at least 100yrs away from a first clue.

Laffin'!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CLB

Sir for you yes. For me no. Appreciate the input though. For the same price I can get a Sako that shoots great out of the box.

If you had spent 1/10th of the time tweaking the rifles as you have just spent bitching about them on the internet, you would have great shooting guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And another post turns into a bitching.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Goat:

Thank you for your phenomenal input. I will treasure it forever!

Who is bitching? All I said is that for a $1200 rifle they shot like crap and I offed them. Period.

You like them you tune them. I did not so I sold them.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Boxer

'gwe,

Hoping you BELIEVE in Reincarnation,as you's at least 100yrs away from a first clue.

Laffin'!

Remarks like that are gonna hurt my feelers�and you KNOW I'm sensitive�..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I am convinced.

We are all clueless but you all mighty gnome.

I am done.

μολὼν λαβέ

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[bleep] Boxer! How am I supposed to buy Kimbers on the cheap if you keep telling everyone they can be made to shoot? Its been proven that Kimbers just SUCK. So for all of you with those piece of chits PM me and for the right price I will dispose of them properly for you.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Goat:

Thank you for your phenomenal input. I will treasure it forever!

Who is bitching? All I said is that for a $1200 rifle they shot like crap and I offed them. Period.

You like them you tune them. I did not so I sold them.

I�ve had five Kimbers. At most they�ve needed the same stuff I do to about any rifle, especially a light barreled gun: bed them, check to make sure nothing is binding and the barrels are floated. All five shot at least some bullets into 3 shot 1 MOA groups with very minimal dicking around. Two rifles shot significantly better (Talking 5 shot groups averaging less than 1 MOA with several bullets, and plenty of 3 shot 1/2 MOA or less bragging groups).

If a person is too lazy or doesn�t have the know-how to do some basic checks, that�s fine. But to say a rifle is schitty because they won�t perform the tasks one is supposed to do on any bolt action rifle is simply absurd.

I don�t believe I�ve ever owned a factory production rifle that was perfect out of the box, and don�t really expect to.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Got sand in your vagina again huh you travelocity gnome. Listen you inbred lepton. If I want your opinion I will give it to you. For God's sake get some therapy. What are you sexually frustrated and come on here to take it out on others? Get some prozak and a blow-updoll you bitch and mind your mouth Mr Know-it all.

You're dismissed jackazz.

LMAO...... grin

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fotis�couldn't agree with you more on the Kimbers�.

Count me in as well......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

I don�t believe I�ve ever owned a factory production rifle that was perfect out of the box, and don�t really expect to.

You got me to thinking on this one and I have actually had two rifles perfect out of the box..

You're gonna gag when I tell you�

Tikka T3- not a real surprise andddddd�.

Drum Roll please����.

TC Icon! laugh

Wouldn't have thought it out of either one, but there you have it�.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don�t believe I've ever owned a factory production rifle that was perfect out of the box, and don�t really expect to.

Really, I have.... Savage, Sako, Weatherby vanguard, Tikka, howa, CZ, TC icon, Cooper.

The Montana was never or ever will be anything special to me GP. Just an overpriced factory gun you must tune.

μολὼν λαβέ

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'snake,

WTF else CAN she do...besides bitch?!? I mean,besides holding her breath and stamping her itty-bitty feet.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

You're damned right on that sensitivity. Do like Fotis do and slap 500cc's of Vagisil in the usual location and chase it with (3) Midol...nursed with Cranberry juice. Pun(s) be intended.

Laffin'!

Fotis,

You AMAZINGLY stupid kchunt,the ONLY [bleep] thing you were ever "in",was being in over your pointy-head. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

Hot offa the press,moments ago. Subtending .7 Mils at the 100,as zero confirmation and got greedy on the first trio(which is towards the muzzle and upside down,from it'sbacker orientation). Next cluster was mo' bettah'.

OEM Montucky 223,wearing magbox slid shim,so as to arrange 75A-Max kiss...if only because they have NO [bleep] equal. Trigger tweaked,lug bedded and a leetle tip action(if only to horn you up,all over again). Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

I look forward to more fascinating "recountings" of all the things you almost did,all the wares you nearly did 'em with and all the places you nearly did 'em. Keep fightin the"good" fight and tugging at heart strings as you Champion STUPIDITY and take it to places it's never been before...you "hard charger" you. Laffin'!

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is always gonna do best by shutting the [bleep] up,slowing the [bleep] down,takin' notes and applying same. Hint. But here's to the perpetual oblivious hilarity,of your being devoid the 17 IQ Points requisite to ascertain that glaring obvious. Laffin'!

As mentioned prior,a Hurt Feeler's rEport would really "help" you out.

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo [bleep] hard,you amazingly inept Clueless Kchunt.

Just WOW!

MCH,

I've long been in da' bidness of happily buying Used Rifles,that "don't shoot".

Sadly,one cain't purchase Imagination.

Laffin'!

'goat,

I often shoot NIB OEM Rifles as they fall outta da' box,but only as a baseline curiosity. Of the 100's and 100's and 100's to pass through my mitts,ALL got better after Starting At The [bleep] Start.

Still wonder who chews the food for all these dumb [bleep]?!? Pretty gawdamned amazing,how incredibly Stupid they be.

BUT on the bright side,it is reliably EPIC [bleep] humor!

Laffin'!

Raider,

Bless your heart,you's even dumber than Fotis.

Regale me with Haybale & Crockett "Pursuits" and perhaps mention your favorite Barbed Wire Load.

You poor poor STUPID kchunt,if you were spun in a circle with your eyes closed in a field...you'd have to shoot flares to get rescued. Laffin'!

Bless your heart and here's to you doing your "best",with what incredibly [bleep] little you have to work with. Mebbe go FULL Secret Squirrel and exchange PM's with Fotis and you two stupid kchunts can align The Axis Of Imagination and really get the laughs goin',by virtue of your "experience"?!? Laffin'!

Just oh soooooo [bleep] WOW +P+.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If a person is too lazy or doesn�t have the know-how to do some basic checks, that�s fine. But to say a rifle is schitty because they won�t perform the tasks one is supposed to do on any bolt action rifle is simply absurd.

I�m not saying Kimbers are �schitty�, just saying that I expect a $1500 rifle to shoot well out of the box with no additional modifications � regardless of the manufacturer�s name.

Most of my bolt rifles were purchased for under $500 and all will do MOA or better with the right ammo. Only tweaking on any of them was floating the barrel and tuning or adjusting the trigger, something I don�t mind a rifle in that price range.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ai gamisou malaka.... Mouni tis laspis arhidi!

Blah blah blah

montucky
chiken
fuqqer
blue meanies
sucks 700
hint
+p+
blah blah......

GROTHE! LOL

What is that in the sky? A cucumber? A zucchini? Nope it is much smaller...... Look at the sexual frustration in its face. Oh it is a mini pickle!!!
It is Super Gnome........!

μολὼν λαβέ

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
MCH,

What amazes me is with all these lightly used POS Kimbers around one would think the classifieds would be loaded with them for sale. Funny how that isn't the case.

I thought the whole purpose of buying a factory rifle was to have something to tinker with.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In fairness I did call Kimber yesterday and man the phone crew there is pretty clueless. All I wanted was an allen head screw, the forward Trigger guard screw that sits in side the stock and threads down into the trigger guard. I must have been speaking Tagoloan to the guy. He told me he was sending me two screws. I said I don't need two screws just the one. He told me he was looking at the blue print and there are two screws in the forward trigger guard. I said that is funny I am looking at it right now and there is only one screw. I got off the phone with them and sent an e-mail with picture for the poor clueless bastid!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
He must have been in charge of QC ten years ago�

I understand a lot of the 'issues' with new Kimbers are no more�.but I haven't been around the gun biz in a long time so couldn't tell you�but it seems that QC is better now.

Nothing like a TC Icon laugh Though! laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Montana, I agree!

My 3 buddies and I sent 5 of them back for accuracy issues, All came back with a 2 MOA clean bill of health! Clueless people. Hey maybe they should hire Boxer/malakas to tune them before they leave their QC section. LOL

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
2 MOA!!!! cool

snork!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would bet that 75% of hunters can shoot 2 MOA at best. I know that from watching stupid hunting shows even 2 MOA is being optimistic.

It doesn't take much skill or tools for what "needs" to be done to get a Montana to shoot. Anyone sharper then a garden hoe can get it done.

I do agree that Kimber should cure these problems before ever leaving the factory. But then we wouldn't have anything to tinker with. So I can live with it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Many options with your set budget. If you don't handload a 308 in the rifle you like best would be a good option.

A stainless howa barreled action in a McMillan sako classic would be nice and in the budget you set.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by CLB

I don't know anything about how the average Kimber shoots, but I agree with Fotis that for $1500 I would expect a rifle to shoot very well right out of the box. For far less I can buy a rifle that will do so with little if any additional work on my part.

I'm yet to see a $1,500 Montana. I paid $900 for NIB Montana in 7-08 right here on the 'Fire. You can't buy a new M70 EW for that! Once again, it's way to easy to "fix" a binding mag box or do a simple bedding job.

Kinda childish to me to hear someone say the rifle "didn't shoot" without looking into why before writing them off and sending them down the road. Fotis might have only had to grind down an action screw a bit....

In my opinion, there is not one factory rifle made that is perfect out of the box. It could very well be that the thinner (less mass) action on the Montana shows a more magnified response to minor imperfections in stock fit or minor binding than say a more robust Ruger or Winchester.

Whatever, no skin off my azz.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Brand new Montana's sell for $1095.00 at my LGS currently.

Doug
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
'snake,

WTF else CAN she do...besides bitch?!? I mean,besides holding her breath and stamping her itty-bitty feet.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

You're damned right on that sensitivity. Do like Fotis do and slap 500cc's of Vagisil in the usual location and chase it with (3) Midol...nursed with Cranberry juice. Pun(s) be intended.

Laffin'!

Fotis,

You AMAZINGLY stupid kchunt,the ONLY [bleep] thing you were ever "in",was being in over your pointy-head. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

Hot offa the press,moments ago. Subtending .7 Mils at the 100,as zero confirmation and got greedy on the first trio(which is towards the muzzle and upside down,from it'sbacker orientation). Next cluster was mo' bettah'.

OEM Montucky 223,wearing magbox slid shim,so as to arrange 75A-Max kiss...if only because they have NO [bleep] equal. Trigger tweaked,lug bedded and a leetle tip action(if only to horn you up,all over again). Laffin'!

I look forward to more fascinating "recountings" of all the things you almost did,all the wares you nearly did 'em with and all the places you nearly did 'em. Keep fightin the"good" fight and tugging at heart strings as you Champion STUPIDITY and take it to places it's never been before...you "hard charger" you. Laffin'!

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is always gonna do best by shutting the [bleep] up,slowing the [bleep] down,takin' notes and applying same. Hint. But here's to the perpetual oblivious hilarity,of your being devoid the 17 IQ Points requisite to ascertain that glaring obvious. Laffin'!

As mentioned prior,a Hurt Feeler's rEport would really "help" you out.

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo [bleep] hard,you amazingly inept Clueless Kchunt.

Just WOW!

MCH,

Sadly,one cain't purchase Imagination.

Laffin'!

'goat,

I often shoot NIB OEM Rifles as they fall outta da' box,but only as a baseline curiosity. Of the 100's and 100's and 100's to pass through my mitts,ALL got better after Starting At The [bleep] Start.

Still wonder who chews the food for all these dumb [bleep]?!? Pretty gawdamned amazing,how incredibly Stupid they be.

BUT on the bright side,it is reliably EPIC [bleep] humor!

Laffin'!

Raider,

Bless your heart,you's even dumber than Fotis.

Regale me with Haybale & Crockett "Pursuits" and perhaps mention your favorite Barbed Wire Load.

You poor poor STUPID kchunt,if you were spun in a circle with your eyes closed in a field...you'd have to shoot flares to get rescued. Laffin'!

Bless your heart and here's to you doing your "best",with what incredibly [bleep] little you have to work with. Mebbe go FULL Secret Squirrel and exchange PM's with Fotis and you two stupid kchunts can align The Axis Of Imagination and really get the laughs goin',by virtue of your "experience"?!? Laffin'!

Just oh soooooo [bleep] WOW +P+.

B'

can't help but chuckle from time to time.........

[video:youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?list=RD8Gv0H-vPoDc&v=8Gv0H-vPoDc[/video]

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by CLB
In my opinion, there is not one factory rifle made that is perfect out of the box.

Have you shot an Accuracy International new out of the box?

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
My choice would be a Winchester M 70 Ultimate Shadow in either .30-06 or .270.
whistle

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Originally Posted by CLB
In my opinion, there is not one factory rifle made that is perfect out of the box.

Not exactly the type of "factory" rifle being discussed here champ...

Last edited by CLB; 07/17/14.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by CLB
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Originally Posted by CLB

Not exactly the type of "factory" rifle being discussed her champ...

Your quote was there was "not one factory rifle"�� just responding to the quote.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Hunter,

Besides being a Clueless [bleep]...you don't even know how to shop.

Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

Fotis,

You NEARLY said sumptin' about The Rifle,but felt farrrrrrrr more comfortable talking about cock,so refrained. Bless your heart,ain't that quaint?!?

If someone took your rubber dick and spun it around the top of your head,for just single revolution and in an open field,you'd need to shoot a flare for rescue too...just like poor poor [bleep] stupid 'raider. You Haybale Kchunts are a "hearty" and "resourceful" breed.

Laffin'!

PS and by the way,are you still "living" your dream,of running a Whorehouse by hand?!?

You rough & tumble gals are a [bleep] hoot! Really enjoyed the "Testimony" of your Gerbil totin' pals and their keen "knowledge",that's just gotta be commensurate with what you THINK is a first [bleep] clue. Laffin'!

Wow.

MCH,

I keep trying to buy "bad" Montana's,but they only exist in The Do Nothing Gang's Imaginations.

Poor poor stupid [bleep] SquatToPee had the "worst" one ever and with a new home...it drove [bleep] tacks. What were the "odds"!?! Laffin'! 'Course she went all "Sniper" and schit on it,exhausting her "vast" "knowledge" base,before throwing in the [bleep] towel and Whining for years about it whooping her ass. EPIC [bleep] humor!

Bases just got here,so it's Montucky Tinker Time.

Only broke (1) set of LW's on this rifle and dat's rather sumptin',given the mileage,topography,weather and round count. This set remains in 99.99% condition.

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Never have puked a set of DD's,despite 100+ rifles having wore them. 30mm Signatures rings are gettin' gawdamned scarce. Rocked the .020" inclination inherent and stabbed another .025" in the ass,so should eek 120-ish MOA the other side of a 250yd fullhouse A-Max zero.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ain't gonna leave much to chance.

[Linked Image]

Film at 11:00,as I'm headed out to shoot again...after the coffee is done.(grin)

'gwe,

Which serial number range were the "bad" ones,as I'm certain I've got a few. Undoubtedly,my original Whizzum is one and even "suffered" stupid [bleep] clueless Brad's feed/function "affliction". I seen that rifle on YouTube and it looked fine to me.

Laffin'!

Kaleb,

Rifle selection includes many things,none of which you mention...mainly because such things are beyond your comprehension. Twist rate and COAL,rate more than a passing thunk.

Hint.

Thank me later.

CLB,

1500 clams will arrange a Montucky,bases,rings,glass and boolits.

Easily.

But it's their Imagination...let 'em Pretend with it,if only because it's as close as they'll ever get.(grin)

Gee,

I reckon you laugh more than a little,every time you encounter a mirror.

Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

'bird,

With a NIB AI,I'd wanna tweak the trigger,get rid of the [bleep] brake and mebbe do a leetle sumptin' to the skins...as a minimum. That of course dependin' upon which model you think you cite.

The elder CM spouts are a [bleep] bust outta da' gate. Not that CM spouts,ain't enough to make the Haybale & Crockett Crowd giddy.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Dependin' upon the chambering,I'd prolly wanna swap mags or at least remove plates. Say sumptin' about boolits and COAL,for the "win". Laffin'!

Re-hint.

Good talk.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CLB

I'm yet to see a $1,500 Montana. I paid $900 for NIB Montana in 7-08 right here on the 'Fire. You can't buy a new M70 EW for that! Once again, it's way to easy to "fix" a binding mag box or do a simple bedding job.

Kinda childish to me to hear someone say the rifle "didn't shoot" without looking into why before writing them off and sending them down the road. Fotis might have only had to grind down an action screw a bit....

In my opinion, there is not one factory rifle made that is perfect out of the box. It could very well be that the thinner (less mass) action on the Montana shows a more magnified response to minor imperfections in stock fit or minor binding than say a more robust Ruger or Winchester.

Whatever, no skin off my azz.

I would not be very happy with a $1000 rifle that required tinkering to get it to shoot, either, so whether the current price of a Kimber is in that range or more is moot as far as I'm concerned.

Again, nothing against Kimbers, I just think for that kind of money the manufacturers should take care of details like making sure action screws are not too long and make sure they shoot well before they leave the factory.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Again, nothing against Kimbers, I just think for that kind of money the manufacturers should take care of details like making sure action screws are not too long and make sure they shoot well before they leave the factory.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this.

At the same time the rifle is good enough that with a little help its a great hunting rig. So why not put a little finishing touches on it?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

'bird,

With a NIB AI,I'd wanna tweak the trigger,get rid of the [bleep] brake and mebbe do a leetle sumptin' to the skins...as a minimum. That of course dependin' upon which model you think you cite.

The elder CM spouts are a [bleep] bust outta da' gate. Not that CM spouts,ain't enough to make the Haybale & Crockett Crowd giddy.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Dependin' upon the chambering,I'd prolly wanna swap mags or at least remove plates. Say sumptin' about boolits and COAL,for the "win". Laffin'!

Re-hint.

Good talk.

For discussion -

The barrels are stainless, 24," plain, no brake out of the box. wink

There is no plate in the AW mags, which affords more than enough length to jam hard into the lands with room to spare for most -08 comparable rounds and bullets assuming the barrel cutter has a clue. The AW mag will accommodate to 2.975" COAL.

Bullets? Default for the '08 is 175 SMK's. Have run the Amaxes in 30 and 7mm, but have found others to be a bit more consistent farther out, at least for me. Scenars and Bergers can yield nice results if and when available. 30 cal 210 Berger at 2800+ can do nice things. No 7mm or 338's in the line-up at the moment, though 176 Cauterucios from a 7WSM at .725 are my favorite, and 250 - 300's surely make the wind a bit easier than others.

Skins - glue walnut on the sides? grin

2.810" COAL and kissing the lands -

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I hate to post this pic twice in the same thread...
[Linked Image]

I guess I didn't spend $1000 on it though, think I gave about $600 brand new, and I haven't done anything but clean it, mount optics and shoot it...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Arhidovich! LOL

μολὼν λαβέ

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Boxer the op wants to shoot deer not take pics and play on his computer. Haha.

Such things rate a thunk. Hint

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sorry musta left my good camera on the couch.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Made off the couch with a broke neck too...lol. Go on say it hard chargin
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ok I'm done
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Kaleb

[Linked Image]

Back at ya' K,

[Linked Image]

do luv me some Rib-eye steak.

Best,

GWB

PS: Mighty fine country and pix.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CowboyTim

I hate to post this pic twice in the same thread...
[Linked Image]

I guess I didn't spend $1000 on it though, think I gave about $600 brand new, and I haven't done anything but clean it, mount optics and shoot it...

Accuracy is only a part of the equation, and is in fact about fourth on the list behind reliability/f&f, staying zeroed, and rifle fit/shootability.

Did you pull it apart to make sure all the wood is sealed? DBC'ed the barrel to prevent corrosion and extend time between cleanings? Adjust the trigger? Test the rifle to ensure feeding/extraction/ejection through the full magazine capacity? Bed the rifle to make sure it maintains zero?

These are things a guy should really do on a hunting rifle, and if any of these are lacking (though I might not bother DBCing a SS barrel), the rifle sure as hell isn't ready for tough hunting use.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Haha lookin good. Wife and I took a quick trip to visit friends in Montana last week.

Seems y'all are enjoying life aswell. I bet we could have a big time even if it is the "Texas version"......Laffin. Take care.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Hunter,

I buy new boots,I gotta lace the [bleep] things up. I buy new bino's,I gotta put a strap on 'em. I buy a new reel,I gotta put line on it.

Now I'd not slight that such "Technical" matters are more than a touch "daunting" to you and noone would KNOW better than you,that which is beyond your abilities. That being said,I couldn't shift my brain into a low enough gear,to muse for even a nano-second,that checking out a new rifle ain't anything more than a [bleep] given.

'Course I can piss standing up too.

Laffin'!

MCH,

I've long preferred KNOWING,over guessin'...but alotta these gals seem to do schit differently and I enjoy the [bleep] humor!

I can only lead 'em to water and admittedly find it funnier than [bleep],when they don't partake.

Tough to trump the humor of a Paper Hat "stand".

Laffin'!

'bird,

AI makes alotta different schit and I mentioned,that you never cited a particular Model.

Losing the brake is a good thang,24" 308's suck heavy ass. The 2.810" kiss looks M852-esque and dat ain't a horrid throat to suffer on a 308...if a guy hasta suffer a [bleep] 308.

I've had good luck with Alpha 2's and throats in their accords.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Never could like ergo's on anything AI and they've Jip-Japped the schit outta their newest offering,the only thing it's missing is a propeller on top.(grin)

As to skins..I'd glue glue on the sides...as I'm a fan of traction.

Cowboy',

Tough call...as I cain't decide if it was funnier the first time,or the second.

Really get after it,don'tcha'?!?

Laffin'!

Fotis,

You said you were "out".

Did somebody grab your rubber dick and toss it back in the fray?!?

Laffin'!

Kaleb,

Never have used a computer or a camera,so you got me there. You really take some fabulous pictures. Laffin'!

Hell...it's been 10 whole minutes,since I've shot a 223AI. Quick zero trio and only 126.5 MOA remaining on the erector(1875yd line).

[Linked Image]

Never been in the woods or seen water...keep the pics coming,that schit is [bleep] awesome! Gladja' didn't go to talkin' fancy Gun Stuff either. Really groovin' on all the elbow room you got and that bitchin' dinghy.

Laffin'!

WOW +P+!

Gee,

Mebbe explain how in THE [bleep],someone would/could lose a bet big enough,to haveta go to [bleep] Tennessee?!?

Curious here.

Laffin'!

You poor poor dumb [bleep] are living in San Francisco and don't even [bleep] know it!!!

Bless your hearts.

'goat,

It'll Haybale and that's more than she's gonna do.

Laffin'!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Haha 10 min ago you was shooting so you took pics and ran to the fire to show everyone....lol. Funny part is you think you're cool for it. Laffin.....just can't make this stuff up!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hey look I've got old pics too.

Some might be twisted with a thunk
I can take pics of my guns too....it's even got turrets fast twist barrel throated for 75's and might even have moly inside the tube....oh no
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
K,

it's all good.

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This Kimber looks really good, at first glance.

[Linked Image]

The problem is, it will only do it with a warm barrel. Which does pretty damn little good on a light 7mm-08. The first 3 from a cold barrel were more like 4 inches when I started, maybe about 2-2.5 after fire lapping, tuning, a variety of handloads. It will get a new barrel this year.

So they may have improved their QC, but they also made a bunch of stinkers. This barrel is very poor and rough inside (and yeah I do own a borescope) The rifle's design is nice, but whoever allowed those barrels onto them need their asses fired.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kaleb,

Perspective is often funnier than [bleep] and I'm rather at ease in capturin' more than a few moments. Hell,I've even seen me be influential and rather good for the economy. Laffin'!

Now please do not think I'd be demeaning Where you "live" or what you "do",because there is no [bleep] way I could,half as well as you...when you try your "best" not too. Laffin'!

Twist rates are sumptin' all new to me and I appreciate your taking the time. Laffin'!

Top to bottom: 7,8,9,10,12 and 14"...in the back of one my dinghies no less.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We do not get any snow in Kansas,luckily and thus the propensity to field Blued/Walnut,as it is comfortin' to set and eye [bleep] same. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Have never heard of the other chambering you cite. I'll Google it. laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Now I know the Tennessee State Motto is: "Slow Learning" and "special" people are held in esteem there,but what is it that they let a Retarded [bleep] like yourself,"do" for a "Living"?!? I know,I know...it's an awkward question and if it helps,use enough Imagination and Pretend to paint the pic you need to portray. Laffin'!

Good talk.

You "hard chargers" really get after it.

WOW +P+!

Gee,

Oh it's [bleep] wayyyyyyyyyyy funnier than that.

Laffin'!

'cal,

Windage adjustable rears are an invite to a Goat [bleep],which is apparently why they sell sooooooo well in Texas. ONLY Thing it could be. Laffin'!

Have you Started At The [bleep] Start? "BAD" barrels don't start shooting GOOD groups. Hint. Read that again.

What's the bedding like? FL,float,dabbed,portions of?

A borsecope won't tell you ANY of those things. Hint.

Here's a rougher than cob barrel,that shoots rather nicely.

[Linked Image]

It happens to be aboard a Cooper 21 223.

[Linked Image]

'Nother.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/IMG_0575.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/IMG_0572.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G4600.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G4593.jpg[/img]

I VERY much enjoy the notion,that folks "think" they can "see" accuracy with a borsecope.

It ain't the barrel Toots,rather everything surrounding it.

Hint.

Thank me later.

Good talk.

Laffin'!

You are 5 minutes of time and 17 IQ Points away from having it whooped...but as they say,"Close...but NO cigar!".

Wow.

[bleep]! I go to laughing sooooooooo [bleep] hard,I forgot THE most important question. How much do you want for that POS that "doesn't shoot"? To be clear,I am talking without that POS Scope and the POSE base/rings.

Thanks!

'gwe,

I was fixin' a broken photo link to a dinghy and saw your Post.

Did Turnbull do that stock? His case hardening is without doubt,some of THE best...that's a beaut!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Am I supposed to post a pic of some sort here too?

I guess it'll have to be my own custom painted .223AI�.

[Linked Image]

You guys�.try not to be too jealous�.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thumbhole stock�.snork! eek

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Ingwe,got's a question for you,when you take that .223 AI out,is everything you need for it in your murse?

Murse is man-purse in case you didn't know.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I fart in your general direction!

[Linked Image]

Now, go away or I shall be forced to taunt you again!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Taunt away Mr.Murse! HAR! HAR! HAR!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Cheer up B we won't tell the new people you're just showing pics of the same ol same ol stuff. Except the scope swap....cause everyone is so excited about that.

Couldn't tell if you was bitching or bragging about the big boat and little daily driver truck? Either way I'm sure you like it. Congrats?

Haha
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Kaleb; 07/18/14.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Am I supposed to post a pic of some sort here too?

I guess it'll have to be my own custom painted .223AI�.

[Linked Image]

You guys�.try not to be too jealous�.

the .223 Elton John (.223 EJ)

Last edited by n8dawg6; 07/18/14.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was thinking more like Liberace.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'nm,

That's awesome. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Killer thumbhole too! Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

You REALLY get after it. Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

Kaleb,

I enjoy the Secret Squirrel Conspiracy schit and especially when a Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumb [bleep] such as yourself,uses enough Imagination to Pretend that she...has become a "we" and is the barometer of anything other than her exceptionally WELL founded insecurities. Whatcha' "do" for a "living" again?!? EPIC [bleep] humor!

Now I'd not slight your incredible "perceptions" and I hope you find sweet "satisfaction" in telling yourself them thangs,you MOST gotta hear. Laffin'! I read in F&S,that I ain't much [bleep] fun to try and keep pace with and haven't got anything new in decades. Not that I don't enjoy your Pavement Pounding "Adventures". Re-Laffin'! You couldn't knock the new offa used pair of boots. Re-Re-Laffin'!

Though in fairness,I do dabble a camera system or two and have yet to find a Make/Model that'll take a picture of Imagination or Pretend,let alone the Future...though I am rather at ease in them thangs that done did happen,if only because I'm a Realist. Do tell,whattya suggest,as per your "findings"?!? Laffin'!

You really get to "see" and "do" it "all",with your Travelin' Dog & Pony Show. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Cheer up,I like dinghies too. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Even itty-bitty one's,like "your's". Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Cheer up...my crummy has killed more schit than Smallpox,even with OLD rifles. Would LOVE to swap crummys with you for a day,as there wouldn't be a [bleep] fender left on your Concrete Queen. Laffin'!

Gotta love old Trucks,old Bucks and old Rifles!

[Linked Image]

'Course I ain't privvy to your big water,here in Kansas...you "lucky" bastard. Laffin'!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/019.jpg[/img]

I thought creeks had fish in 'em?!? My bad. Laffin'!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_9565.jpg[/img]

Ain't had any new glass,since '91. Laffin'!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/845/cbcv4.jpg[/img]

Now don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt,because really ARE doing "great" and I have it on Secret Squirrel "Authority",that I'm on the ropes. Laffin'!

Good talk and I appreciate your taking the time to "extoll" on everything The Slow Learning State,has to "offer"...especially to the "hard charging" "industrious" type.

I'm [bleep] cryin',I'm laughing soooooooooooo [bleep] hard. You poor poor stupid kchunt!

WOW!

'6,

Deer see Silver!

'gwe is super extry camelfhlodjed.(grin)

MCH,

You mean LIBERTY?!?(grin)

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/850/mcsew.jpg[/img]

Might could be THE Best Thread Evah...unless The Paper Hat Brigade runs outta Imagination and Pretend.

Laffin'!

'cal,

You are a mean [bleep],to leave me in suspense...regarding my "new" Montucky 7-08. Hell,I'll even take pics and show you how [bleep] easy it was,to make 'er dazzle. Laffin'!

PLEASE don't mention it to Kaleb,she cain't take it.

Laffin'!

(Addendum: for Flair)

MCH,

I savvy the stark differences,thus the redirect via ALL caps...to steer a different coarse,of course. Pun be intended.(grin)

There's method to the madness and mosta the good stuff gets missed.

(Re-'dendum: For Dooshmike)

Dooshmike,

That is a Lake Trout and a fair one at that.(grin)

(Re-Re-Re-'dendum: someone tossed Fotis' rubber dick,back in the fray)

Fotis,

I thought you "quit"?!? You Day Dreaming Do Nothing [bleep] are EPIC liars. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

Be quiet,let the men talk and furiously scribe notes and apply same...you'll learn sumptin'.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
MCH,

You mean LIBERTY?!?(grin)

[Linked Image]

That would be liberty

This would be Liberace!

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss45/thmsbrownlee/24HRC/tom264.jpg

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am not judging, just saying!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

B,

That fish is crazy !!!! What is that???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Halibut?

μολὼν λαβέ

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Halibut?

If you have to guess, you don't know....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for the insight.

μολὼν λαβέ

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
So does BigStick...I mean Boxer, insist that he is really 5'8 if anyone asks?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
20lb Fluke!

I know I know its a Halibut. Of the Barn Door variety I might add.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'gant,

It's purty [bleep] mean of you,to keep tossin' Fotis' rubber dick across the street,to see if she'll bring it back...if only because you KNOW she will! Dirty [bleep]' "trick".

Laffin'!

The one thing with Lake Trout,as you know,is they ain't worth a [bleep] to eat during The Rut. They get their Fall Plummage on and the hormones is flowin'(much like Fotis suffers) and their relative tablefare takes a hit,when their meat turns dark like that.

Better eatin',while they's in the Velvet and their Summer Coats.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Fotis,

Please don't give in(again)...you REALLY are doing "great".

Laffin'!

'Bob,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however pleases you most. Points awarded for doing so aloud,if only because it's so "real" to you. Laffin'!

I getta kick outta you Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumb [bleep],please show no mercy...as you recount all the things you almost did,the wares you almost did 'em with and the fascinating places you nearly did 'em.

PLEASE do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot!

Double Dog Dare,to dangle a pic of yourself and mention what you "do" for a "living". Lookin' forward to them Excuses and more Whine.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

MCH,

They need ALL the [bleep] help they can get,with their Imaginations and Pretend.

If only because it's all the sorry kchunts got.(grin)

(Addendum: For yet another [bleep] Window Licker)

'Bob,

I reckon you are so "good" with your Imagination and it's Pretend,due simply to the fact that it's all you got. Luckily it ain't sharp,or you'd hurt yourself. Laffin'!

I'll feign my "surprise",that yet another Member of The Paper Hat Brigade,is more than a little taken aback at pixels and vocation. Not that it's hardly "news",if only because it is THE most constant of Themes and them Realities,do you Drooling Dumb [bleep] no favors. Congratulations?!?

Have never been to AK,but reside in KS. Mebbe given your "intelligence" you juxtaposed(that means [bleep] up) the abbreviations?

Laffin'!

Is there no [bleep] end,to the Stupidity of you amazingly inept Clueless Kchunts?!? Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "participate".

Bless your heart...the only thing you "get",is stumped. Pardon the poignant profundity,sailin' over the top of your pointy head.

Laffin'!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Right, I get that you live in Alaska where there is a lot to shoot. But, damn, you look you would fit in my back pocket. Such a small man...such a large ego.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Fotis,

Please don't give in(again)...you REALLY are doing "great".

Laffin'!

Thank you sweetness.

μολὼν λαβέ

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Lets see, title of the thread begins with "Need some new"

can someone take a hint!!!!

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Vernacular and pix have a shelf life.......

http://www.steelheader.net/ubbthrea...page/0/view/collapsed/sb/7/o/all/fpart/2

might be time to update both.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/18/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by moosemike
That fish is crazy !!!! What is that???

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Pre '64 Winchester M 70 Featherweight .30-06.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I can work with you on finances so you can afford a newer rifle�.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

[Linked Image]

Nice. I need to eventually get one.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
For true! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Bob,

I'll haveta feign my "surprise" yet again,as I really thought you were gonna knock it outta Da' Park...with your crossed-eyes and droolin' yap. Laffin'!

Cheer up...Imagination and Pretend are free and there's NO limit,so knock yourself out!

Laffin'!

Fotis,

You suck a mean ass and I reckon that an innate reaction,to try and get the taste of cock outta your mouth? Congratulations?!? Does it work for you?

Laffin'!

Gee',

The Texas Version of everything,is simply [bleep] HILARIOUS!

Now ain't it an interesting constant and right proper Dichotomy to boot,that your best works,are when you plagiarize me?!? I mean,not that you don't find your Haybale & Crockett and Minature Golf Cart Hunts "satisfying" or anything. Laffin'!

Mebbe you can do like SuperKchunt and convince yourself via the "powers"of your Imagination,that you "could" too,if only to make your Pretend "real" to you.

I'm crying,I'm laughing soooooo [bleep] hard!

Now in the interest of being "Fair",to your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...I too think it a grand idea for you to declare unto Law,the Expiration Date on pixels(including their sizing/splendor),as well as set into stone a MAX allowable number of letters in a word,so you at least have a [bleep] "chance".

EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas...especially the [bleep] Whine.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

SuperKchunt,

Now you've got your "work" cut out for you,as poor poor stupid [bleep] 'Gee, is gonna "duel" you,so as to see who can plagiarize the most.

My money is on you,if only because YOU cain't even "remember" the last time your kchunt left the couch. Congratulations??!!??

Holy [bleep] schit,you "rough & tumble" Twats are on a tear! Pun be intended. Laffin'!

Be a GREAT "Race",to see which one of you Drooling Dunces "does" less. PLEASE don'e be afeared to aling "all" your "Powers" and get 'Gee and 'Bob in on your Secret Squirrel Cartoons and Plagiarism(s). Laffin'!

BEST Thread EVAH!!!!!!!

'nm,

The only thing that piece of [bleep] schit is missing...is bell bottoms.

Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

'gwe,

Cheer up,I own a High Zoot Version of same...though it's kept in the Root Cellar. Laffin'!

McMillan G&H(sadly discontinued),DD's,Shilen spout,BC's,yada,yada,[bleep] yada.

[Linked Image]

Hey........that reminds me. I "hear" that BC's ain't "tough".

Laffin'!

Mag',

May the Gods smile and you never lose a bet,THAT [bleep] big!

Thank me later. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by MagMarc

[Linked Image]

Nice. I need to eventually get one.
Thanks MagMarc,it's the second Featherweight I own.

The first Featherweight .30-06 with a Leupold 6x42mm.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What! ........ No pics with road kill?

PM sent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'cal,

You are a mean [bleep],to leave me in suspense...regarding my "new" Montucky 7-08. Hell,I'll even take pics and show you how [bleep] easy it was,to make 'er dazzle. Laffin'!

PLEASE don't mention it to Kaleb,she cain't take it.

Laffin'!

Oh I can make it dazzle just fine...just gotta space the shots out so the barrel stays about the right temp, and it'll shoot bug holes. I kept blaming myself for its behavior, until I realized the pattern of cold-scattering warm-tight was consistent.

It is bedded with steel bed and free floated. Tried with NBT's and with TTSX's, ammo carefully assembled, checked for runout, etc.

And even razzed by an Alaskan, I can't be mean to you, 'cause you're even shorter than me. smirk

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'nm,

Pass Kimber's LW 30-06...which is called a Montucky 7-08. Hint.

Keep rocking them windage adjustable rears,as they'll suit your needs exceptionally,as they shine brightest setting static on a shelf and one would need to drive a stake,to determine if your kchunt left the couch.

Laffin'!

SuperKchunt,

I reckon I'm yet again plum flattered,that your Photobucket Account holds more pictures of me Outdoors,than it do you. GOOD call to upgrade to a Pro Account...you "hard charger" you. Laffin'!

Winchester has made very damned few rifles that are fit to hunt,though they are swooned by The Paper Hat Brigade. You'll haveta pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess and my high standards in regards to wares that'll make the cut,to get a Hunt. Bless your hearts.

Their best efforts came late in the game,when they aborted their attempts at stock patterning,threw Walnut away and went to either S/S or C/L spout. Their DBM was still a Goat [bleep],with 2.8" COAL confines on a 3" receiver,which is [bleep] funny! They knew better than to attempt "light",because one cain't get there with a schitty Winchester receiver,so they finally had their most dots connected...though their triggers will always suck heavy ass(just like Fotis).

Add a leetle paint and you've got sumptin'. Though you probably got it in your album already too!

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Their S/S Classic Whizzums ain't horrid...again if you ditch their attempts at a stock. Top rifle and I figured I'd make it easy on you and keep things black & white. Hint. Though you've prolly got it in your album already too!

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Now in fairness to Winchester,a Retrostalgic Winchester Garand ain't a horrid coat hanger,to toss into a corner...if only for conversation. Hint. Though it'd be unobtainium for a Frog. Though you've prolly got it in your album already too! Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Hmmmmmm...due your fixation and all things beyond your means,abilities and comprehension,I reckon it only fair to fuel the fires of your Imagination,if only to bolster your Pretend,so you can "participate" too. Laffin'! Be SURE too add 'em to your album. Re-laffin'!

Remember that money grows on trees. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Don't be afeared to drag a shutter,as you shudder while you're in Drag. Stop down,keep ISO low and let the sparks fly. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

When things is fast paced,speed the shutter up...especially given your shudder,with your trembling hands and quivering lips. The lineal relationship of shutter speed matching foca length as a minimum,ain't a bad place to start,but you'll need to at least double that,regardless of sensor size or IS. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Don't be afeared to drive an aperture WFO,to pinpoint DOF and have finite control over same. Google it. Laffin'!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110123-DAD_1254.jpg[/img]

Keep in mind however,that when you need the light,to keep noise handling in check,that you can add focal length and back up,to add DOF,while still eeking the shutter speed requisite,to meld a scene nicely. Google it. Laffin'!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/538/d00f9c.jpg[/img]

Don't be afeared to make beeg exposure swings,to convey a mood and vignette ain't as "scary" as it sounds. Though I shoot all (3) Canon sensor sizes(FF,APS-H and APS-C),don't get caught up in that...not that you've the savvy or the loot too anyhow. Sometimes the "wrong" glass,will really do the RIGHT stuff. Google it. Laffin'!

Stop down,dump ISO,swing some compensation and hold on tight. Google it.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_1416.jpg[/img]

Lastly,don't get hung up on The "Rule" Of Thirds. When you got GREAT subject matter,it'll more than carry a scene,as you ohhhhh sooooooooo eloquently attest by the number of plagiarized pics in your album. Laffin'!

Watch the light,beware clipping on either end of the spectrum,get in the habit of dumping ISO whenever possible,learn the lineal relationship of exposure/aperture/shutter speed and try pulling your kchunt offa the couch once and see where it takes you. Google it. Laffin'!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_3864.jpg[/img]

Lose the training wheels,slam back button focus,keep AI Servo a constant,jeep drive mode in Watch The [bleep] Out!,take control of ISO and Aperture Priority is THE money maker. Set controls so you can meter/focus separate...or just stay the course,throw in the towel and Plagiarize like nobody else. Laffin'!

GOOD talk,I learned alot!

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooooo [bleep] hard!!!

You Drooling Do Nothing Dumb [bleep] are a gawdamned RIOT! Thank you,for simply doing your "best"(and I mean SIMPLY).

Laffin'!

'cal,

You've been led to water and I very MUCH enjoy your circling same and refraining to partake. Funny schit!

You did NOT Start At The [bleep] Start and that is how/why you are mired in your current state. Pun be intended,if only because the Texas Version of everything is [bleep] hilarious!

Clean out your ears,forget what you "think" you "know" and start from a clean slate. Hell...I'll even give you a "hint",in that I've more than a few Montuckys,been around more than a coupla others and none are free-floated. Hint. Re-Hint,Hint-Hint. Laffin'!

Be curious,if you can read the sign.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always love Boxers pics. And no I don't have any in my Photobucket account.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always love Boxers pics.

Tell him he's awesome, it makes him feel taller. The drinking remains a problem though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a friend who is a professional photographer, and I think Boxer's stuff is better than his. Boxer may have missed his calling. smile

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
dooshmike,

I'm a whole [bleep] bunch good,at more than a whole buncha thangs,but still getta kick outta sandbagging,more than a leetle. I've this hunch,that I've spent the time and jingle requisite,to Master alotta schit and never was much into [bleep] around. Fluff ain't my gig.

I reserve the right to crack me up.(grin)

SuperKchunt,

I enjoy your Imagination,nearly as much as you do...though for very different reasons. Laffin'!

Always getta kick outta your [bleep] never ending Excuses and the fresh batches of Whine,as you obliviously spill countless insecurity,over countless insecurity and do your "best". Simply no holds barred,EPIC [bleep] hilarity,you poor poor STUPID kchunt.

TRY to pry your kchunt from the couch and do something for yourself once,if only to mix things up. Keep on "hard charging". Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

Film at 11:00.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a friend who is a professional photographer, and I think Boxer's stuff is better than his. Boxer may have missed his calling. smile

Right on cue ...... Rather pathetic actually.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Get a B-29 !!! smile

Good luck in your search, Tom

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub

It's called giving credit where credit is due. If you could see past your hatred of the man you'd understand.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub

It's called giving credit where credit is due. If you could see past your hatred of the man you'd understand.

I don't hate Larry at all, in fact I love him and he's way too much fun to play with.

OTOH ... You two make a good pair. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boxer.......

Seriously.... All jokes aside. You have a lot of knowledge, AND you have done a lot.... You just can not communicate it ....Why ? Because you are hurting....... You are just angry. I KNOW YOU ARE HURTING....

Larry, I have been there....Still am with the hand that God dealt me. Please get some help for your beautiful lil girl and your wife man.

We can not bring the past back... But we can reshape the future.

This is not an a attack in any way just trying to help.......

God bless you and your beautiful family...... This is my last post to you. Attack if you wish but I won't any more.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good post Fotis. I know pain all too well. I've weathered family tragedy after family tragedy. That's the kind of pain that only God can heal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amen......

μολὼν λαβέ

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SuperKchunt,

Keep it up...because like as per always,you are doing "great"!

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Fotis,

MUCH enjoyed yet another Vagina Monologue. You Whining Do Nothing Clueless Kchunts are a [bleep] riot!

You can't even keep pace with your Imagination or it's Pretend. One day it's Imaginary Pretend Ignore,the next it ain't and then it is and then it ain't. You Sappy Window Licking [bleep],can't ever tell yourselves any Truth,not that it ain't funnier than [bleep] for you "deep thinkers" to wax eloquent on your insecurities. Now lemme tell you another "secret" there Sweetheart and you are the ONLY one,who can keep you from saying Stupid Schit. Not that I don't enjoy the finger pointin',how it's all everyone else's "fault". Laffin'!

It just remains a [bleep] shame,that you haven't the 17 IQ Points requisite,to be aware of what an amazingly inept Drooling Dumbfhuqq that you actually are. But of course if you were privvy,you'd not talk out your ass with near the conviction or bandwidth of your copious Guess Works...so the caveat that STUPIDITY is in fact Bliss,is a win/win for all parties. Laffin'!

Fascinating concept,that your oblivious dumbfhuqqery is anything but hilarious to everybody,except you. Read that again. Hint. Laffin'!

I'll haveta feign my "surprise" that I knowed long before my digits touched keyboard,that I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. You'll wanna read that again too. Hint.

Well NO schit dumbfhuqq,of course I know EXCEEDINGLY well WTF I'm talking about,as I'm not in the bidness of Fluff,Jip Jappery or Dumb [bleep] like you are. If I take time to type it,you would be VERY well served to simply print it and apply same. Hint. Read that again. Re-hint. Laffin'!

Admittedly my side is hurting a smidge,laughing at your simply AMAZING ineptitude and it gets more and more sore,the harder you try to do your "best".

Joe Average sure the [bleep] ain't very bright,as you oh soooooooo eloquently attest and obliviously.

Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

Now be SURE not to let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt...as you haphazardly schlep STUPIDITY to places it's never been before. Also perhaps consider wielding The Secret Squirrel PM "Trump Card",as a means of adding to your numerous Imaginary Pretend Ignores and points awarded for the humor of having enough Imagination to Pretend about god. You poor poor STUPID [bleep].

You're on fire Toots!

Laffin'!

WOW +P+!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. I do not know what anyone can say to that response.

μολὼν λαβέ

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bobcape

I was in the same boat as you this past weekend. I really wanted a Kimber Montana in 7mm-08 but was worried about some of the poor accuracy reports I had read. I talked to a few folks on here that have overcome those issues and I'm not worried about the issues anymore. So I ordered one yesterday. The rifle does feel and handle well! Hope it gets here by Friday.

Bob

My Montana just arrived. Pictures and results to follow.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.