Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Whitworth1. I know nothing about handgun hunting other than popping a few coyotes/bunnies as targets of opportunity. My reference was taken from S&W's websight. I have fired the gun on the range and noticed it does recoil a bit.

mike r
You are right that the recoil is rather severe with the 329; not fun. With full magnums it's a handful to say the least. But with a semi-hot .44 Special it's VERY controllable, and a downright decent shooter. What's more, there are guys who can rapid fire light .44's quite effectively. I actually won USPSA revolver division at a fairly large match in the early '90's shooting a 4" Anaconda (which admittedly is much heavier than a 329) shooting factory Federal 240 grain JHP's...just to see how I'd do. Takes a good deal more concentration, but it can be done. And like I said, Mark is one [i]grande]/i] sized dood.

I carried a Mountain gun IWB once...it was doable. Not great, but doable. Wouldn't be my first or even 10th choice, but if it was all I had.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A good friend of mine carries the 329pd as his primary defensive gun while out in the sticks. Used to be LEO firearms and defense trainer (moved on to better things). I've seen him shoot just about everything well and fast. Guess he's lost his mind, packing a gun like that. [sarcasm]

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
FreeMe, the fact that you spend time on Kel Tec forums answers many questions. If you had the mental energy to complete your perusal of the S&W forum you may have learned more. I am glad to know that you have a friend. Have a nice day

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
GG, It is 2014. What you did or did not do in the "90's" is no longer relevant nor are you. Have a nice day

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Imagine just for a second if we all had the exact same experiences. I am pretty sure GunGeek has something to bring to the table.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Not a damn thing, if I didnt like 'em I wouldnt trust the lives of my loved ones with them.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Imagine just for a second if we all had the exact same experiences. I am pretty sure GunGeek has something to bring to the table.

Agreed 1000%

lvmiker, you have said some amazingly brazen and ill advisded things, but suggesting that GunGeek is not relevant here takes the cake.

And yes, MY RIA is very reliable. And accurate.

My 329PD is loaded with 260gr SWC's backed by 10.0grs of Unique. I can shoot six of them fast and accurately. It does help that I have a hard time finding gloves big enough for my hands, but it is a fact that I am large enough to easily pack this gun, well hidden. My 10mm goes with me the most, but I do like the 329PD sometimes, too.

Please note the FIRST part of S&W's description of the 329PD,

"Easy to carry"

And for me, it is. I had been packing my full size 1911's in 10mm for stream fishing, but the light weight of the 329PD makes fishing and hiking that much more pleasant.

Kel Tecs are amazingly reliable guns, and wonderfully light. We have three in our household. Our P3AT has never bobbled. And as soon as I bought it I took it out with 1/2 dozen different kinds of ammo and shot it dry, unlubed in sub freezing temerpatures to TRY to make it bobble before we started to carry it. And with Buffalo Bore +P+ ammo, the 380 is a pretty nasty little round for very close ranges.

Quite OK to state one's experiences, opinions etc. and if so desired state something of one's background. But to negate or devalue someone else's opinions, choices or experience here is not acceptable. Quite crass, rude and unwarranted, actually.

By your standards, Jeff Cooper and Bill Jordan, were they alive today, would have nothing to bring to this forum. I do not subscribe to that line of reasoning at all. Quite the opposite.

Last edited by safariman; 07/17/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everybody shut up and listen to the guy who works at a gunshop. They're known to be full of wisdom in these matters.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Safariman, you recently whined,again, about how decrepit you are, now you are huge and robust and have O.J.'s gloves. Cooper and Jordan are still dead.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
See? Wisdom pouring forth, like a fount of every blessing.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Bluedreaux, would that be similar to asking a cop about use of force? let the wisdom from your fount flow.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Safariman, you recently whined,again, about how decrepit you are, now you are huge and robust and have O.J.'s gloves. Cooper and Jordan are still dead.

mike r

I have Kidney Disease and it gives me lots of challenges, for sure. But I can still shoot, ride my Harley, etc. some, on about 1/2 my days. On the occasional good days sometimes can ride or shoot quite a bit. My skeleton and muscles are still there.

Why are you being a problem child instead of just adding something good to the discussion?

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bluedreaux, would that be similar to asking a cop about use of force? let the wisdom from your fount flow.

mike r

I would trust Bluedraux with proper and correct use of force. But there you are again being an ass, cutting on another good member(or trying to, without much success). Why? What is this crap adding into the topic or knowledge base here?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

mike r

Oh the stupidity!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While rampant in lv's latests posts, Stupidity I can deal with. Bringing down a good thread with personal attacks, THAT is intolerable and childish. And serves no good purpose, quite a few bad ones.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

mike r

Yes.

Most cops' understanding of UoF is confined to what their department policy says "we'll fire you if you do these things". Just like most gunshop employees' understanding of guns is confined to what the price tag says the gun costs.

Excellent example. You're smarter than I have you credit for.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Bd, thank you for that. I thought use of force was a matter of law and common decency, not administrative fiat. I did not realize that feelings were so squishy here so I must attempt to be more gentle. To me personal attacks mean reference to family etc. Comments and opinions must be edited to protect certain delicate flowers in our midst. Perhaps I need to learn the appropriate use of verbage or maybe I'll just harden the fu*k up. Pricetags in gunshops are for suckers, a real gsg will talk you into a Kel Tec.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm tuning my lips to sing thy praise.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Bd, your gerbil voodoo has been strong, please be gentle as I am old and sensitive.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it crazy having to do the "shotgun weddings" and bachelorette parties at the gun range AND trying to find time for hardcore gunfighter training?

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
195 members (257 roberts, 12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 19 invisible), 1,844 guests, and 873 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.