Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Fotis
Goat:

Thank you for your phenomenal input. I will treasure it forever!

Who is bitching? All I said is that for a $1200 rifle they shot like crap and I offed them. Period.

You like them you tune them. I did not so I sold them.

I�ve had five Kimbers. At most they�ve needed the same stuff I do to about any rifle, especially a light barreled gun: bed them, check to make sure nothing is binding and the barrels are floated. All five shot at least some bullets into 3 shot 1 MOA groups with very minimal dicking around. Two rifles shot significantly better (Talking 5 shot groups averaging less than 1 MOA with several bullets, and plenty of 3 shot 1/2 MOA or less bragging groups).

If a person is too lazy or doesn�t have the know-how to do some basic checks, that�s fine. But to say a rifle is schitty because they won�t perform the tasks one is supposed to do on any bolt action rifle is simply absurd.

I don�t believe I�ve ever owned a factory production rifle that was perfect out of the box, and don�t really expect to.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Got sand in your vagina again huh you travelocity gnome. Listen you inbred lepton. If I want your opinion I will give it to you. For God's sake get some therapy. What are you sexually frustrated and come on here to take it out on others? Get some prozak and a blow-updoll you bitch and mind your mouth Mr Know-it all.

You're dismissed jackazz.

LMAO...... grin

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Fotis�couldn't agree with you more on the Kimbers�.

Count me in as well......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

I don�t believe I�ve ever owned a factory production rifle that was perfect out of the box, and don�t really expect to.

You got me to thinking on this one and I have actually had two rifles perfect out of the box..

You're gonna gag when I tell you�

Tikka T3- not a real surprise andddddd�.

Drum Roll please����.

TC Icon! laugh

Wouldn't have thought it out of either one, but there you have it�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don�t believe I've ever owned a factory production rifle that was perfect out of the box, and don�t really expect to.

Really, I have.... Savage, Sako, Weatherby vanguard, Tikka, howa, CZ, TC icon, Cooper.

The Montana was never or ever will be anything special to me GP. Just an overpriced factory gun you must tune.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'snake,

WTF else CAN she do...besides bitch?!? I mean,besides holding her breath and stamping her itty-bitty feet.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

You're damned right on that sensitivity. Do like Fotis do and slap 500cc's of Vagisil in the usual location and chase it with (3) Midol...nursed with Cranberry juice. Pun(s) be intended.

Laffin'!

Fotis,

You AMAZINGLY stupid kchunt,the ONLY [bleep] thing you were ever "in",was being in over your pointy-head. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

Hot offa the press,moments ago. Subtending .7 Mils at the 100,as zero confirmation and got greedy on the first trio(which is towards the muzzle and upside down,from it'sbacker orientation). Next cluster was mo' bettah'.

OEM Montucky 223,wearing magbox slid shim,so as to arrange 75A-Max kiss...if only because they have NO [bleep] equal. Trigger tweaked,lug bedded and a leetle tip action(if only to horn you up,all over again). Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

I look forward to more fascinating "recountings" of all the things you almost did,all the wares you nearly did 'em with and all the places you nearly did 'em. Keep fightin the"good" fight and tugging at heart strings as you Champion STUPIDITY and take it to places it's never been before...you "hard charger" you. Laffin'!

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is always gonna do best by shutting the [bleep] up,slowing the [bleep] down,takin' notes and applying same. Hint. But here's to the perpetual oblivious hilarity,of your being devoid the 17 IQ Points requisite to ascertain that glaring obvious. Laffin'!

As mentioned prior,a Hurt Feeler's rEport would really "help" you out.

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo [bleep] hard,you amazingly inept Clueless Kchunt.

Just WOW!

MCH,

I've long been in da' bidness of happily buying Used Rifles,that "don't shoot".

Sadly,one cain't purchase Imagination.

Laffin'!

'goat,

I often shoot NIB OEM Rifles as they fall outta da' box,but only as a baseline curiosity. Of the 100's and 100's and 100's to pass through my mitts,ALL got better after Starting At The [bleep] Start.

Still wonder who chews the food for all these dumb [bleep]?!? Pretty gawdamned amazing,how incredibly Stupid they be.

BUT on the bright side,it is reliably EPIC [bleep] humor!

Laffin'!

Raider,

Bless your heart,you's even dumber than Fotis.

Regale me with Haybale & Crockett "Pursuits" and perhaps mention your favorite Barbed Wire Load.

You poor poor STUPID kchunt,if you were spun in a circle with your eyes closed in a field...you'd have to shoot flares to get rescued. Laffin'!

Bless your heart and here's to you doing your "best",with what incredibly [bleep] little you have to work with. Mebbe go FULL Secret Squirrel and exchange PM's with Fotis and you two stupid kchunts can align The Axis Of Imagination and really get the laughs goin',by virtue of your "experience"?!? Laffin'!

Just oh soooooo [bleep] WOW +P+.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If a person is too lazy or doesn�t have the know-how to do some basic checks, that�s fine. But to say a rifle is schitty because they won�t perform the tasks one is supposed to do on any bolt action rifle is simply absurd.

I�m not saying Kimbers are �schitty�, just saying that I expect a $1500 rifle to shoot well out of the box with no additional modifications � regardless of the manufacturer�s name.

Most of my bolt rifles were purchased for under $500 and all will do MOA or better with the right ammo. Only tweaking on any of them was floating the barrel and tuning or adjusting the trigger, something I don�t mind a rifle in that price range.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ai gamisou malaka.... Mouni tis laspis arhidi!

Blah blah blah

montucky
chiken
fuqqer
blue meanies
sucks 700
hint
+p+
blah blah......

GROTHE! LOL

What is that in the sky? A cucumber? A zucchini? Nope it is much smaller...... Look at the sexual frustration in its face. Oh it is a mini pickle!!!
It is Super Gnome........!

μολὼν λαβέ

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Boxer
MCH,

What amazes me is with all these lightly used POS Kimbers around one would think the classifieds would be loaded with them for sale. Funny how that isn't the case.

I thought the whole purpose of buying a factory rifle was to have something to tinker with.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In fairness I did call Kimber yesterday and man the phone crew there is pretty clueless. All I wanted was an allen head screw, the forward Trigger guard screw that sits in side the stock and threads down into the trigger guard. I must have been speaking Tagoloan to the guy. He told me he was sending me two screws. I said I don't need two screws just the one. He told me he was looking at the blue print and there are two screws in the forward trigger guard. I said that is funny I am looking at it right now and there is only one screw. I got off the phone with them and sent an e-mail with picture for the poor clueless bastid!

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
He must have been in charge of QC ten years ago�

I understand a lot of the 'issues' with new Kimbers are no more�.but I haven't been around the gun biz in a long time so couldn't tell you�but it seems that QC is better now.

Nothing like a TC Icon laugh Though! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Montana, I agree!

My 3 buddies and I sent 5 of them back for accuracy issues, All came back with a 2 MOA clean bill of health! Clueless people. Hey maybe they should hire Boxer/malakas to tune them before they leave their QC section. LOL

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
2 MOA!!!! cool

snork!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would bet that 75% of hunters can shoot 2 MOA at best. I know that from watching stupid hunting shows even 2 MOA is being optimistic.

It doesn't take much skill or tools for what "needs" to be done to get a Montana to shoot. Anyone sharper then a garden hoe can get it done.

I do agree that Kimber should cure these problems before ever leaving the factory. But then we wouldn't have anything to tinker with. So I can live with it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by mkirk
Been looking at getting a new rifle for hunting in general but mainly for deer. I have already purchased a 3-10X50 Meostar for the new setup. Now I have completely confused myself with what rifle to mount it on. Where I live I do not get the opportunity to hold a lot of different brands and models so it will have to be an ordered in rifle more than likely. I was dead set on a Kimber Montana in 7-08 until I read all the accuracy horror stories. I would hate to chance the funds on a rifle that has a history of accuracy issues. If those are a thing of the past then I would lean that route. Really would like to keep the cost around $1k give or take a few hundred and rather have a stainless/synthetic over wood but either is fine. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Many options with your set budget. If you don't handload a 308 in the rifle you like best would be a good option.

A stainless howa barreled action in a McMillan sako classic would be nice and in the budget you set.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by CLB
Originally Posted by mathman
Did you tune them at all?

Nope! They shot like crap and sold them off. At that price you should not have to do anything to them in my opinion.

That's simply BS. In the time it would take to have a couple cups of coffee one could relieve mag box tension (if existed) and minor adjustments to inlet, tweak the factory trigger (Kimber has of the best IMO), float and add some Devcon 10110. The Montana platform is worth investing some time in where needed. And it's all simple stuff.

I don't know anything about how the average Kimber shoots, but I agree with Fotis that for $1500 I would expect a rifle to shoot very well right out of the box. For far less I can buy a rifle that will do so with little if any additional work on my part.

I'm yet to see a $1,500 Montana. I paid $900 for NIB Montana in 7-08 right here on the 'Fire. You can't buy a new M70 EW for that! Once again, it's way to easy to "fix" a binding mag box or do a simple bedding job.

Kinda childish to me to hear someone say the rifle "didn't shoot" without looking into why before writing them off and sending them down the road. Fotis might have only had to grind down an action screw a bit....

In my opinion, there is not one factory rifle made that is perfect out of the box. It could very well be that the thinner (less mass) action on the Montana shows a more magnified response to minor imperfections in stock fit or minor binding than say a more robust Ruger or Winchester.

Whatever, no skin off my azz.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Brand new Montana's sell for $1095.00 at my LGS currently.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer
'snake,

WTF else CAN she do...besides bitch?!? I mean,besides holding her breath and stamping her itty-bitty feet.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

You're damned right on that sensitivity. Do like Fotis do and slap 500cc's of Vagisil in the usual location and chase it with (3) Midol...nursed with Cranberry juice. Pun(s) be intended.

Laffin'!

Fotis,

You AMAZINGLY stupid kchunt,the ONLY [bleep] thing you were ever "in",was being in over your pointy-head. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

Hot offa the press,moments ago. Subtending .7 Mils at the 100,as zero confirmation and got greedy on the first trio(which is towards the muzzle and upside down,from it'sbacker orientation). Next cluster was mo' bettah'.

OEM Montucky 223,wearing magbox slid shim,so as to arrange 75A-Max kiss...if only because they have NO [bleep] equal. Trigger tweaked,lug bedded and a leetle tip action(if only to horn you up,all over again). Laffin'!

I look forward to more fascinating "recountings" of all the things you almost did,all the wares you nearly did 'em with and all the places you nearly did 'em. Keep fightin the"good" fight and tugging at heart strings as you Champion STUPIDITY and take it to places it's never been before...you "hard charger" you. Laffin'!

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is always gonna do best by shutting the [bleep] up,slowing the [bleep] down,takin' notes and applying same. Hint. But here's to the perpetual oblivious hilarity,of your being devoid the 17 IQ Points requisite to ascertain that glaring obvious. Laffin'!

As mentioned prior,a Hurt Feeler's rEport would really "help" you out.

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo [bleep] hard,you amazingly inept Clueless Kchunt.

Just WOW!

MCH,

Sadly,one cain't purchase Imagination.

Laffin'!

'goat,

I often shoot NIB OEM Rifles as they fall outta da' box,but only as a baseline curiosity. Of the 100's and 100's and 100's to pass through my mitts,ALL got better after Starting At The [bleep] Start.

Still wonder who chews the food for all these dumb [bleep]?!? Pretty gawdamned amazing,how incredibly Stupid they be.

BUT on the bright side,it is reliably EPIC [bleep] humor!

Laffin'!

Raider,

Bless your heart,you's even dumber than Fotis.

Regale me with Haybale & Crockett "Pursuits" and perhaps mention your favorite Barbed Wire Load.

You poor poor STUPID kchunt,if you were spun in a circle with your eyes closed in a field...you'd have to shoot flares to get rescued. Laffin'!

Bless your heart and here's to you doing your "best",with what incredibly [bleep] little you have to work with. Mebbe go FULL Secret Squirrel and exchange PM's with Fotis and you two stupid kchunts can align The Axis Of Imagination and really get the laughs goin',by virtue of your "experience"?!? Laffin'!

Just oh soooooo [bleep] WOW +P+.

B'

can't help but chuckle from time to time.........

[video:youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?list=RD8Gv0H-vPoDc&v=8Gv0H-vPoDc[/video]

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by CLB
In my opinion, there is not one factory rifle made that is perfect out of the box.

Have you shot an Accuracy International new out of the box?

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
My choice would be a Winchester M 70 Ultimate Shadow in either .30-06 or .270.
whistle

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,055 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.