Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Propaganda piece.
I don't think so, it's just a different perspective. Because it doesn't follow your world view doesn't mean it is politically motivated.

geez Kevin, exactly what position, on ANYTHING, is not 'politically motivated'?

Sam......

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Who say's that there is a "war" on police???

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick Collins does.

Now, law enforcement faces a new threat. That new threat comes from those that view us as a threat, not because we are trying to stop their criminal enterprises, arrest someone for a warrant, and keep a gang from victimizing the weak. The new threat is coming from a growing fringe that sees cops as a loophole to the Posse Comitatus Act. Falling prey to the �if I read it on the internet, it must be true� mentality, this community is now prepared to take up arms against cops. Some are looking for a fight, some are hoping for a fight, and, as we saw in Las Vegas, some want the fight.

One pair of nutjobs from Occupy Wall Street go full out Bill Ayres / Weatherman and kill 2 cops and all of a sudden the far RIGHT has a running war on cops.

Who knew?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Rick Collins does.

Now, law enforcement faces a new threat. That new threat comes from those that view us as a threat, not because we are trying to stop their criminal enterprises, arrest someone for a warrant, and keep a gang from victimizing the weak. The new threat is coming from a growing fringe that sees cops as a loophole to the Posse Comitatus Act. Falling prey to the �if I read it on the internet, it must be true� mentality, this community is now prepared to take up arms against cops. Some are looking for a fight, some are hoping for a fight, and, as we saw in Las Vegas, some want the fight.

One pair of nutjobs from Occupy Wall Street go full out Bill Ayres / Weatherman and kill 2 cops and all of a sudden the far RIGHT has a running war on cops.

Who knew?

Well, now see, we've got to get everybody used to the idea that the standard white middle aged 2nd Amendment supporter is up to no good...or extremely and tragically misguided at best. And these sorts of essays are a good way of doing it. You see, it isn't excessive and ever more intrusive government. It isn't a reaction against this government and its most visible representatives...cops. No, it is these idiotic and insane, or at least dangerously misguided, second amendment supporters who think cops are out to get them. I mean, we just can't have these guys running around with guns can we? Someone is going to get hurt and it might be one of these precious defenders of liberty who we call cops.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Propaganda piece.
I don't think so, it's just a different perspective. Because it doesn't follow your world view doesn't mean it is politically motivated.

Well if you view the entire world through political glasses (and I once did) that's how you would see things.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
The average, and I mean the majority of cops do not want you awed, or intimidated by them. Simply respect the job they are doing and not to break the laws, laws THEY did not put in place, that was done by elected officials. They are simply charged with enforcing them and keeping the general peace.

Amen. The vast majority do it very well, and are very much appreciated by the public (and myself).

While there are some here who start threads with the intention of bashing all cops, I consider the posting of truly bad cop threads as similar to the posting of threads about really bad politicians (or teachers, or <etc>). Best to shine a light on those specific individuals to oust them now. Similarly I love threads showing great cops like I enjoy threads about great politicians who are fighting to uphold the liberty of Americans. Shine a light on them as an example for everybody.
While you make valid points, there are valid points to be made also in criticism of growing trends within the police culture, such as militarization in training, equipment, and attitude towards the public.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Well, now see, we've got to get everybody used to the idea that the standard white middle aged 2nd Amendment supporter is up to no good...or extremely and tragically misguided at best. And these sorts of essays are a good way of doing it. You see, it isn't excessive and ever more intrusive government. It isn't a reaction against this government and its most visible representatives...cops. No, it is these idiotic and insane, or at least dangerously misguided, second amendment supporters who think cops are out to get them. I mean, we just can't have these guys running around with guns can we? Someone is going to get hurt and it might be one of these precious defenders of liberty who we call cops.
The Real Hawkeye likes this post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I worked along side cops for just over a decade an a half in a lot of weird situations. Most cops have infinite patience, aren't looking to intimidate people, and just want to go home at the end of their shift.

Some are a bit less patient, and a little more authoritarian.

Then there is the very small minority who are on serious power trips. They are a very small minority, but you can bet your arse that most departments have them. THEY are the one's we worry about.

I wouldn't want a society without law enforcement. But the militarization of law enforcement and the trend of no knock raids (many of which have gone horribly wrong) REALLY concerns me.

What I learned in the field was, the job of a cop sucks like very few jobs I can think of. I thought I wanted to be a cop; until I saw first hand on a daily basis what the job entailed. After that, I'd rather flip burgers than be a cop. It's a rough job, where you take huge heaping mounds of chit every damn day, NEVER get any sort of thanks, and then the final kick in the nutz is the sparse paycheck they reward you with at the end of the month. Just society's way of saying...thanks for all you do; we hate you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Propaganda piece.

Well if you view the entire world through political glasses (and I once did) that's how you would see things.

to do otherwise is to go through life deluded. Which you evidently do. laugh

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

to do otherwise is to go through life deluded. Which you evidently do. laugh
+1

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Simply respect the job they are doing and not to break the laws, laws THEY did not put in place, that was done by elected officials. They are simply charged with enforcing them and keeping the general peace.
That has become one of the major points of contention between the police and the public. The political office holders are out of control and the public views the police as the gestapo arm of those leaders. My father was a police officer of over 35 years and my son-in-law has been a state trooper for over 15 years. I am as pro police as anyone I know but I fear what the political hacks are doing to alienate the public and cause them to see the police as the enemy. Increasingly the police have become more and more like a military force, an offensive group with sophisticated weapons. Police are given a tremendous amount of latitude in enforcing the law and if they fail to use moral discretion based on the freedoms and precepts of the constitution more and more of the public will turn on them. Iraqi citizens who were found to be police in those areas that the rebels have taken over found out what happens when the "other side" takes over. I pray that will never happen in our nation but it's headed that way.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Rick Collins does.

Who knew?

Yes, and they even have the crass audacity to publicly admit to their agenda against we Americans and our rights:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rovering
[Linked Image]
Yep, he actually said that. I saw the video.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I grew up with a bunch of city cops in the 50's and 60's on the downtown Los Angeles beat. Not all, but most were a bunch of rowdy drunks with a hobby of picking up blacks and homeless people on the streets, taking them up into an old strip hotel room and just beating the [bleep] out of them until they were senseless and then dumping them back out on the streets...

Worked with a bunch of them throughout the 60's and 70's that bragged about their bust and planting evidence and their late night exploits with those out on the streets.

It is still all going on, hell just a few years ago, in my city 10 or 12 of them including the night watch commanders were busted hanging out at a strip club while on duty and bringing prostitutes back to both the station and their union hall down the street...

Just a couple years ago, LA PD was busted picking up detaining the homeless and then dropping them off in other city's where they had no knowledge of their surroundings or area!

I've personally witnessed them planting evidence and lying in court.

Use to live next door to a retired cop from Kentucky that bragged how back in the 50's he and his partner use to beat the [bleep] out of blacks in the rural farmland and drop them into sink-holes, and even lynching a couple...

But never any of these guy's ever mentioned having beat the [bleep] out of women, or shooting dogs just for the hell of it!

And yes, I've known quite a few cops that were just the opposite and went through their entire carrears without ever shooting anyone, or having fired at anyone on the job!

Another words I've known enough of them to not trust any of them as far as I can spit!

And I think the new breed is far worse than the old timers!

Phil

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Harry M
Who say's that there is a "war" on police???

Beats me. I guess we gotta start paying better attention. I understand there is a war on women too.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you call 911 today for a Burglary of your home , you have a better chance of getting arrested or shot that the Burglar. As far as the cause of deaths of cops i would say more are killed in traffic accidents or die from heart attack from eating to much junk food . There is a war on Traditional Marriage also

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
It irks me when blanket statements are thrown out based on "facts" which clearly are not correct.

You obviously have no business in some of these discussions. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Excellent article! Anyone who thinks any police officer or agency does something wrong is either a gang banger or neo-nazi outright or a supporter of those groups.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The average, and I mean the majority of cops do not want you awed, or intimidated by them. Simply respect the job they are doing and not to break the laws, laws THEY did not put in place, that was done by elected officials. They are simply charged with enforcing them and keeping the general peace.

Yep, if civilians don't like a law they should lobby for an exemption like police do. Barring that, they should become friends with officers however they have to so either they don't get pinched in the first place or at least stand a better chance of getting the ticket or charges negated.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

From this, to this

[Linked Image]

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 65 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,367
Posts18,469,093
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.