Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
another first for America. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/17/air-force-command-nominee-is-1st-woman-non-pilot/

the first time a woman, and a NON PILOT is appointed theater commander for the AF.

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just an instant reaction. bet she like's pussy.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least the Navy their four starette in the relatively harmless position of Vice Chief. This one actually has her hand on the trigger...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
evidently all that counts is 'diversity'.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're gonna make me remove my USAF window sticker if you keep this chit up! grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Mediocrity is the hallmark of this administration.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another if it can be screwed up Obama can find a way moment. crazy

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Hey guys ... here's her bio. Read up a bit first, then comment.

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographi.../lieutenant-general-lori-j-robinson.aspx

Last edited by DownWind; 07/18/14.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I did before I posted. Side-saddle non-combatant.. 900 hours? Seriously???

FLIGHT INFORMATION
Rating: Senior Air Battle Manager (WTF is that?)
Flight hours: More than 900
Aircraft: E-3B/C and E-8C

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DownWind
Hey guys ... here's her bio. Read up a bit first, then comment.

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographi.../lieutenant-general-lori-j-robinson.aspx

Pretty impressive history. Wonder how many of the old, fat, bald, beer-swizzling armchair military experts on this board have any such bio's at all. wink

[Linked Image]
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Rating: Senior Air Battle Manager (WTF is that?)

Jorge, everything you ever wanted to know about ABM.

"Air battle manager has been a rated career field (Air Force Specialty Code 13BX) since October 1, 1999. This means that ABMs are career aviators who receive flight pay and must actively fly a certain number of months (called gate months) to maintain their rating. As a result, all active duty ABMs and those assigned to the Air Force Reserve unit at Tinker AFB, OK are assigned to flying duties after completion of undergraduate training. In the past a small number of graduates were initially assigned to ground assignments in the control and reporting centers (CRCs). This practice was temporarily ceased in 2004 but now occurs based on student merit and assignment availability. ABMs serving in the Air National Guard are typically assigned to a CRC unit, an air defense sector, or an air operations center (AOC). ABMs do receive flight pay and earn rated aviator wings though, at one time, were not awarded them at the completion of UABMT. Under the old system, only ABMs who had completed follow-on training for the E-3 or E-8 were awarded wings to wear on their uniforms. As of May 2010, a new training syllabus at Tyndall AFB allows ABMs to receive their wings at the conclusion of UABMT, finally bringing them in line with pilots and navigators. As of December 31, 2010, the Air Force Personnel Center reported that there are currently 1,434 ABMs serving on active duty."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_battle_manager

Dave
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would take the fat bear drinker over the bio any day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It appears that her flight hours are as Fighter Controller and maybe mgr of F. C's other than that it is all on the ground and mostly class , management and statistics. I would guess it is theory and not practical. Just my take on it. Yes I do have experience on various interceptors as well as ground school instructor and time in air with students.
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the sort of biography the person filling this position should have:

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/airforce/p/Vietnam-War-Brigadier-General-Robin-Olds.htm

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Olds! Now you're talking!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
. . . A retired pilot said there is a reason the Air Force historically has put a pilot in charge of large combatant command Air Forces.

�It is because you make operational decisions that require the understanding of what you are going to ask pilots to execute in combat where the wrong decisions mean the difference between life and death,� the retired pilot said. �Now her vice commander and director of operations will be rated fighter pilots, but still she makes the decisions.� . . .

If she is going to need experienced fighter pilots to tell her what to do, then you don't need her. That is just being a middle man.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Here is the sort of biography the person filling this position should have:

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/airforce/p/Vietnam-War-Brigadier-General-Robin-Olds.htm

I noticed Gen. Olds did not attend the War College until 20 years after he began his career. The first 20 was basically frontline operational flying. Not so for Miss Diversity. Virtually her entire career has been in a classroom. This is a travesty to the deserving and better prepared operational pilots who were passed over for Miss Diversity. Of course, it is not her fault, and I thank her for her service.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I read. She is entirely mediocre. What she has going for her is that she is a woman and prolly a Democrat too. That's it.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Well now, Robin Olds was some kind of fighter pilot ... hero class! But, wasn't qualified to be the Commander in Chief of Pacific Air Forces. It's a four star billet and Robin only had one. The 4-star has many Robin Olds types working for him/her that advise the Commander, as well as execute on the battlefield. That four star will be no where near the point of execution, never has.

In my days of service I obeyed the orders of the officers appointed over me and provided the most sound advice as my training and experience allowed. Hopefully the officers in PACAF will afford her the same loyalty and courtesy. It's how it has been since our beginning.

Dave
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Symbolism over substance, what do you expect from a community organizer who is now potus.

gawd help us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,728
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.