Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Here is the sort of biography the person filling this position should have:

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/airforce/p/Vietnam-War-Brigadier-General-Robin-Olds.htm

Robin Olds was definitely a warrior leader. But in the Air Force that I retired from being a brown noser was the surest way to advance. Plenty of talentless hacks in charge.

Last edited by idahoguy101; 07/18/14.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our squadron CO was a pilot well versed in CAS as he paid his dues in Korea and was instrumental in changing gunship engagement tactics in SEA.

As flight crews we had total confidence in his ability to get us home safely day or night. Experience certainly was the best teacher and will always trump a bio any day as I see it.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well now, Robin Olds was some kind of fighter pilot ... hero class! But, wasn't qualified to be the Commander in Chief of Pacific Air Forces. It's a four star billet and Robin only had one

You never heard of a promotion?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
another first for America. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/17/air-force-command-nominee-is-1st-woman-non-pilot/

the first time a woman, and a NON PILOT is appointed theater commander for the AF.

Extracting that she is a woman. She may not be a pilot but she is a weapons officer / nav from AWACS. Frankly, that makes her more qualified than many transport/tanker type/helo pilots when it comes to running air warfare. The USAF has a long history of bias against the WSO community when it comes to command that has gradually been decreasing.

The Navy has always viewed the gold wing wearing pilot/naval flight officer team as equals when it comes to command and leadership.

The fact she is a woman and any predetermined promotion and leadership track she got due to the PC of today's military is another topic. We've done a whole lot of dumbshit stuff on the Navy side, as have the other services, in pursuit of this agenda.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
as I said Pugs, it's all about diversity.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No matter how it's perceived the growing numbers of gays and women entering the command element is troubling especially when I hear it frequently since I'm so close to the AF community.Lots of career NCO's I know are feed up with the BS as they see troubled waters ahead and just counting their days...Don't think I blame them.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Women don't belong in combat arms.... and definitely don't belong in COMMAND, especially of COMBAT ARMS UNITS...

no wonder Putin takes nothing said in way of a threat by Obama Seriously...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unfortunately, the world of today's military is the politically correct! The only way you advance beyond one star is by kissing the proper A** and saying the proper things. As one who worked with Gen Olds, he never was politically correct. His only concern was his pilots and the mission, which was the destruction of the enemy. He was more than qualified to be PACAF commander, he just did not get promoted because he would not accept the fact that the powers that were in charge did not want to win the conflict. We need our military to be full of Gen Olds, not women who do not know what it is like to have the bad guys in your six and trying to shoot you out of the sky. Sorry for the rant guys, I just had to weigh in - the Air Force, and the military in general, has been going downhill since Korea in the command structure. I feel the general force is quite capable, and more than willing to do the job, if given the chance, and the proper leadership.
Three's in, Gen Olds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by DownWind
Hey guys ... here's her bio. Read up a bit first, then comment.

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographi.../lieutenant-general-lori-j-robinson.aspx

Pretty impressive history. Wonder how many of the old, fat, bald, beer-swizzling armchair military experts on this board have any such bio's at all. wink

Quite a few on this board have actually seen the elephant...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Looked her up (again). She was in my Senior Officer Command and Staff College class at Newport but I don't remember her. While I don't doubt her intellectual acumen, I can't see how someone with ONLY 900 hrs total flight time can be considered. Hell, I had that many as a brand new LT after my first deployment!

PS: I have ALL my hair and I'm down to my flying/fighting weight of 180lb. As to be beer, well, guilty as charged.

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/20/14.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Un-Natural sexuals (if she is) are a danger in any system because of their cliquish and preferential (institutional discrimination) behavior toward all others.

God will not back them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deerstalker
just an instant reaction. bet she like's pussy.

Well, theres one thing we have in common.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well I bet she has watched Top Gun a few times - that ought to count for something.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,134 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,388
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.