Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Partitions have done so well for me over the years, I don't see why Id change now.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
JGRaider is too modest to post these. I'll do it for him.

He may know a thing or two about the OP's question.

DF

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8867802/1

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._bullets_recovered_from_plai#Post8995658

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/24/14.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Which ever your rifle shoots best. I have killed antelope to elk with 165 partitions and no issues. I wanted to use AB's but the gun did not prefer them.

Good Shooting!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Six of one, half-dozen of the other. I think at '06 velocity, you'd not be able to tell the difference on game animals. As previously stated, the Accubond has a higher BC, which is a quantification of how well the bullet cuts a hole in the air. So the Accubond will be less affected by the wind, and will retain its velocity better. Still, at distances 400yds and in with an '06, the difference is irrelevant. Shoot them both out of your gun; use the one that shoots the best during the hunt.

One thing: Partitions that hang out in your magazine will eventually get buggered up tips from recoil battering. It isn't a problem, and doesn't alter how the bullets shoot, but it is annoying to me. I like my bullets to look pretty. Doesn't a majestic animal deserve a pretty bullet? Yes, it does.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been using the 165gr accubonds on deer. But I've got two 06's and one rifle doesn't seem to like my ab load. I'm thinking I'll try some partitions to see if I can get both rifles to shoot the same load.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Form many years I used ballistic tips.
We switched to 140gr Accubonds in our 7-08s quite a few years ago.
They do the job nicely on whitetails.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
This difference is simple.

Accubonds are a 40 year newer technology.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like them both. Shoot what shoots.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Six of one, half-dozen of the other. I think at '06 velocity, you'd not be able to tell the difference on game animals. As previously stated, the Accubond has a higher BC, which is a quantification of how well the bullet cuts a hole in the air. So the Accubond will be less affected by the wind, and will retain its velocity better. Still, at distances 400yds and in with an '06, the difference is irrelevant. Shoot them both out of your gun; use the one that shoots the best during the hunt.

One thing: Partitions that hang out in your magazine will eventually get buggered up tips from recoil battering. It isn't a problem, and doesn't alter how the bullets shoot, but it is annoying to me. I like my bullets to look pretty. Doesn't a majestic animal deserve a pretty bullet? Yes, it does.

HuntnShoot not directed to you.....just having conversation and expressing an opinion. smile

I shoot them both and have a pile of the AB's and Partitions here...only used one AB on an animal,then quit. It was ground to confetti.The animal died. I did not get as much penetration from the AB as I have routinely gotten from the same weight Partition under similar circumstances and impact velocities.

I have seen some others plucked from animals;they seem to do well, but again the penetration is not quite what a Partition gives near as I can tell.

They are a different style of bonded bullet but not the type I prefer, so they lose for me on that count as well.

I don't view the plastic tips as a great thing....I have had them snap off in the magazine under recoil,and have opened several boxes of factory ammo with the tips fallen out....maybe they have fixed this. I don't care.IMO hunting bullets for BG animals are not the place for plastic tips that fall out,because that little tip wandering around your rifle's action can cause a malfunction. Who needs it?

In starting them from the same cartridges at the same velocities I see no difference in accuracy,and so little in trajectory to 600 yards (almost none)that I don't see them as worth the bother.

They may be newer technology but they don't do anything materially better than a Partition, if as well,near as I can tell.

I am not an enthusiastic fan....they make me yawn. If they did not exist I would feel like I missed nothing sleep

My hunting buddy loves them...of course he is younger...we argue constantly. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,609
Posts18,454,873
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.