Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I put a lot of miles on my boots in a variety of terrain. I'm not afraid to spend money on quality boots as long as they last. Any reccomendations for quality hunting boots that last. A system that helps mitigate stickers is a must!

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Insulated

non insulated

molded sole

stiched on sole

Leather???

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Cabela's Ultralight by Meindl are highly rated

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm a Danner fan. They have a boot for any occasion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tried on all 3 Cabelas Mendle boots Saturday.....no to all 3

I ordered a pair of Lowa Camino's last night for my new light mountain boot

I have had Danner boots for years but I just don't like what they offer today

My heavy insulated boots are 600 gram Irish Setter Elk Trekers....heavy but great boots with a sewn on sole

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 of the 3 Cabelas Mendle boots had no sole flex.......zero !

The 3rd had more than a couple bad ratings of not staying water proof

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like either the Cabelas Meindl boots or Asolo boots,,, they fit my feet,,, I would never buy boots from Meindl other than from Cabelas, Meindl will not stand by their product like Cabelas will.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
S
S
It would depend on what the climate you are planning on using them in but I highly recommend the Courteney Boot. I bought one pair to wear in Africa, and love them. Almost no break-in required, and they are tough. They have a range of soles you can get them in to match the terrain you hunt.
I would also recommend Russell's they make good one's too.

Last edited by salesman; 07/21/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looked at Courtney boots in African 4 weeks ago.....not for me

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I don't need heavy insulation, but they will be used in light snow. I was looking as cabelas pinnacle boa boots. I had an old pair of the insulated zip-up pinnacles and while they were dry and very comfortable, I wore them out in one year. But, I did like the fact that I didn't have to worry about little burs sticking all over laces.

Danners have a great reputation for longevity, I'm just not sure how they do getting wet.

Last edited by Verwoest_P_A; 07/21/14.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Like any boot you have to treat them. That said, I have 6 pair I use for various hunting situations but the best waterproof ones are the ones made in the US. I won't buy the ones made in China. As a matter of fact, I try not to buy anything made in China.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then you save a lot of money then don't you

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by salesman
It would depend on what the climate you are planning on using them in but I highly recommend the Courteney Boot. I bought one pair to wear in Africa, and love them. Almost no break-in required, and they are tough. They have a range of soles you can get them in to match the terrain you hunt.

I think he's looking for men's boots. whistle

I'm fond of both the Meindl Perfekts and Denali. (Cabelas)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by PPosey
I like either the Cabelas Meindl boots or Asolo boots,,, they fit my feet,,, I would never buy boots from Meindl other than from Cabelas, Meindl will not stand by their product like Cabelas will.

I bought a pair of Asolo FSN 95 GTX in 2012 and used them for about a week during a hunt in Argentina. After the hunt, I cleaned them well and stored them in the original box in a cool, dry place. I did not use them again until my Safari in Zimbabwe last June but after only three days use, both soles separated, one after the other. Fortunately for me, a member of our hunting party known here as "Pagosawingnut" had shown me where I could purchase a pair of Courteneys (they are made in Zimbabwe) and we stopped by the store just before proceeding to the hunting camp.l used the Courteneys for the remainder of the safari and they served me well with no breakin whatsoever.
After arriving home, I checked the Asolo website and found that their warranty for materials and workmanship was good only for a year. mad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Lowa and LaCrosse boots for hunting. Kenetrek makes some great boots as well.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lowa boots for me either Renegade or Tibet depending on conditions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jess
Originally Posted by PPosey

I bought a pair of Asolo FSN 95 GTX in 2012 and used them for about a week during a hunt in Argentina. After the hunt, I cleaned them well and stored them in the original box in a cool, dry place. I did not use them again until my Safari in Zimbabwe last June but after only three days use, both soles separated, one after the other. Fortunately for me, a member of our hunting party known here as "Pagosawingnut" had shown me where I could purchase a pair of Courteneys (they are made in Zimbabwe) and we stopped by the store just before proceeding to the hunting camp.l used the Courteneys for the remainder of the safari and they served me well with no breakin whatsoever.
After arriving home, I checked the Asolo website and found that their warranty for materials and workmanship was good only for a year. mad

I would have at least tried for a partial or full refund from Asolo, I bet that most boot companies have production runs with problems of the soles coming off, I have heard these complaints on lots of different brands. It's a darn good thing that I wear them out in about a year then,,, I wear them several times a week in rough stuff and have never had one separate but have had the soles fall apart on 2 different pairs of miendl boots, the ones with the cabelas label were warrantied by cabelas even though they were several years old and I received a complete refund, while the ones bought from AJ Brooks were not warrantied even though they were much newer. Miendl would not even help with repairing them.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I picked up some Kenetrek Terrane's last fall and they're a great boot.

S
spj Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/14774?page=mens-gore-tex-cresta-hikers-leather

Use these upland hunting, wear the finish off them a couple times a year and clean up with some Kiwi. Prolly have a couple hundred miles on my first pair, they are bomb proof. They are made in Romania.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Visit the Whites boots site. Put together with leather, glue, triple stitching, and screws, in the USA, and can be resoled and or completely rebuilt. They will do custom work. Probably impossible to roll an ankle in their boots and ones toes will not bump the end when going down steep terrain. No molded vinyl, and the foot ware of choice for logger and wild land firefighters. Expensive and damned well worth it. I'm down to 5 pair at the moment and live in them 24/7.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/29/14.

1Minute
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
465 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.