-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We all need to go to DC, maybe 10-20 million. Then find and push the reset button. Start with the constitution again.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 07/22/14.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Why? Few if any that we have now are being enforced.

1Minute
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Lawyers (as members of the judicial branch) should be barred from seeking elective office (the legislative branch).
No one who ever held a law degree should be writing the laws - that is a conflict of interest at it's very core!
I like it, even though it would exclude me from elective office.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Should be a law against calling the .270's "gay!" whistle laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1minute
Why? Few if any that we have now are being enforced.

Yup.
But absolute enforcement of every law currently on the books would probably make more "mind your own business" libertarians out of Americans than any other stimulus.
Our current selective enforcement matched with massive numbers of unknown laws are ripe for exploitation by a tyrannical majority (or their government).

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When America was in it's early years, the congress and people serving in office were people from the ranks of the population.

They were farmers, hunters, business owners, millwrights, or somehow connected to the common fiber of those that elected them.

When that power was passed to those with a gift of gab, and a natural ability for deception, the draw of rewards sucked from the very people that placed them in office, was all it took to refine that evil to the point it is today.

And we all see what we are left with...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Wasn't that passed yesterday? grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I recognize the laws of gravity, inertia and thermodynamics. Case closed.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Lawyers (as members of the judicial branch) should be barred from seeking elective office (the legislative branch).
No one who ever held a law degree should be writing the laws - that is a conflict of interest at it's very core!
I like it, even though it would exclude me from elective office.

don't let principal stand in the way.

I'd love to see you run for office, dare say even donate a few bucks to your campaign.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by chris_c

cool

What's the penalty for calling a .270 "gay?

Death by leopard thongs,ice cubes in whisky/whiskey or beans in chili?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There should be a law...
How 'bout one that says the following...

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators, President of the United States, their employees, Representatives of Congress; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Only law I'd support is one that requires TEN laws be chit-canned for every new law enacted...

But the header reminds me of an old, single-panel cartoon named: There Oughta Be A Law.. And it was SO appropriate.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dunno about what, but that's apparently the opinion of a number of Campfire members who claim to be against more government. Thought I'd just get the ball rolling.

A lot of interesting response - some that I really like. But I think that shot went right over most everybody's heads.....

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
When America was in it's early years, the congress and people serving in office were people from the ranks of the population.

They were farmers, hunters, business owners, millwrights, or somehow connected to the common fiber of those that elected them.

When that power was passed to those with a gift of gab, and a natural ability for deception, the draw of rewards sucked from the very people that placed them in office, was all it took to refine that evil to the point it is today.

And we all see what we are left with...
Yep.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 25 were lawyers. Of the 55 framers of the Constitution, 32 were lawyers.

http://sbmblog.typepad.com/sbm-blog...s-were-lawyers.html#sthash.GtjzOLay.dpuf

Biographical chart of the signers of the Declaration of Independence: http://www.usconstitution.net/declarsigndata.html

Biographical chart of the framers of the Constitution: http://www.usconstitution.net/constframedata.html

Damn lawyers.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Government is always the worst solution to any problem and should only be the last resort.

We've far too many laws now that government uses to oppress citizens. If we do need any more laws we need some that citizen may use to restrain government.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dunno about what, but that's apparently the opinion of a number of Campfire members who claim to be against more government. Thought I'd just get the ball rolling.

Bernard's Law: The effect of putting half-wits in a group is multiplicative. Example: Two half-wits, when combined, exhibit the cognitive maturity of a quarter wit.

The law extends to room-temperature IQs. Two people with IQs of 70 combine to an IQ of 50 (0.7 * 0.7 =0.5). A committee of four people with an IQ of 70 drops down the mentality of the committee to that of a quarter wit.

Recent events suggest Bernard's Law also applies to liberals. There are approximately 100,000,000 liberals in this country. I personally know several with an IQ of ZERO. Anything times ZERO equals....you know....our current elected government.

Bernard's Law was first formulated by Tom Bernard's dad. Tom used to work for SDRC.

Last edited by JoeMama; 07/22/14.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No one can be forced to join a union or other organization as a requirement for employment.

Discrimination based on race, gender or religion is illegal.

Government organizations cannot ask for or keep records of a persons race except for descriptions for criminals or suspects.

Government photo ID must be presented before a person can vote.

No welfare for able bodied people.

No government benefits can be provided without proof of US citizenship.

It is a federal felony for being an illegal alien in the USA with punishment of 3 years for the first offense and 20 years for subsequent offenses. Illegal aliens can surrender to the authorities, plead guilty with a suspended sentence and then be deported. If they return they can be thrown in prison without trial.

It is a serious felony for those who provide aid to illegals including sanctuaries. They will receive 1 year in a federeal prison for each illegal they help and the sentences will be served sequentially.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

cool

Ten lashes with the thongs, and no whiskey. grin

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

cool

Ten lashes with the thongs, and no whiskey. grin
cool

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (14idaho, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 25 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,207
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.