-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ain't Ed but it looks to be factory Ruger sight.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"I'm guessing a McMillan might help accuracy but hard to imagine that from a Ramline - either way those tang safety Rugers are very good dependable rifles."

You'd be surprised just how well a rifle in a Ramline will shoot. I had one on a tang safety rifle in 7x57 that did an easy .75", just dropped it in, sighted in and went shooting. I have another on a 1968 vintage M70 in .338 win. Mag. that's good for one inch. The stock that was on the 7x57 tanger is now on a .35 Whelen, the 7x57 having been sold off. Friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse. My lasgt rifle on a Ramline is a Ruger tang safety M77 chambered to the .375 Taylor, the .338 Win. Mag. necked up to take .375" bullets. Stock has held up just fine and the gun is very accurate usually at one inch or slighlty less when I flinch right. whistle At 7.5 pounds with scope, sling and a full magazine it does come back noticably but tolerable once you learn to ride with it. It's meant to be carried a lot and shot very little. laugh
The Ramline has held up very well considering the recoil factor. Granted they're cheap, not all that good looking but they've worked quite well for me.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
bsa1917hunter - you're correct BUT what I wanted was an inexpensive alternative to dinging up the OEM walnut stock. At $87 it was worth the money. After all, a skinny sporter weight barrel can't be expected to shot like a thicker varmint gun for very long. My HOWA SSHB shoots rings around the tanger BUT I wouldn't want to carry it very far. In the mid 70's "walking varmint rifle" was not even thought about. Homesteader

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
john843 - No offense taken. Syn stocks have their place as does fine figured wood. Syn stocks are utility BUT once sighted in and their accuracy potential ascertained they remain that way.
I sometimes play Picasso on my syn stocks, minus the crooked noses, with rattle can paint jobs...I'm never going to see one in an art gallery however. Homesteader.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by PJGunner
"I'm guessing a McMillan might help accuracy but hard to imagine that from a Ramline - either way those tang safety Rugers are very good dependable rifles."

You'd be surprised just how well a rifle in a Ramline will shoot. I had one on a tang safety rifle in 7x57 that did an easy .75", just dropped it in, sighted in and went shooting. I have another on a 1968 vintage M70 in .338 win. Mag. that's good for one inch. The stock that was on the 7x57 tanger is now on a .35 Whelen, the 7x57 having been sold off. Friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse. My lasgt rifle on a Ramline is a Ruger tang safety M77 chambered to the .375 Taylor, the .338 Win. Mag. necked up to take .375" bullets. Stock has held up just fine and the gun is very accurate usually at one inch or slighlty less when I flinch right. whistle At 7.5 pounds with scope, sling and a full magazine it does come back noticably but tolerable once you learn to ride with it. It's meant to be carried a lot and shot very little. laugh
The Ramline has held up very well considering the recoil factor. Granted they're cheap, not all that good looking but they've worked quite well for me.
Paul B.

Good post, you can get excellent accuracy out of the cheaper tupperwares, it just takes a little more work (glass bedding and maybe even pillars if you are so inclined).

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 41 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,511
Posts18,452,647
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.