-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There oughta be a law to get rid of laws.

Seriously. wink . All laws expire 10 years after enactment and have to be reconsidered and passed again. Not only cuts the junk but the volume too.

Should be a law against calling the .270's "gay!" whistle laugh

Or a law declaring .270's gay. Or both. And have the Supreme Court arguments on TV in prime time. laugh

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
There aughta be a law to get rid of laws.

Seriously. wink . All laws expire 10 years after enactment and have to be reconsidered and passed again. Not only cuts the junk but the volume too.

Or a law declaring .270's gay. Or both. And have the Supreme Court arguments on TV in prime time. laugh

Better think that through a bit more. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A couple we really need that are (supposedly) on the books somewhere in South Dakota. www.dumblaws.com/

No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants.
It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.

I seem to recall that the Fountain Inn law is a Rapid City ordinance and was left on the books just because it was silly. Being a small state most archaic laws have been repealed. We don't have that many to wade through.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An uncle got one repealed single handedly. Madison, SD had a law that livestock driven through town had the right of way over traffic. He kept a few sheep on his small acreage on the edge of town for fun and to keep the grass down. So guess what, right down the main drag for the noon rush hour (such that rush hour was in Madison.) City fathers loved him almost as much as his drinking buddies. laugh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Constitution is the basis of liberty, freedom, and IS the law of the land. (Or should be.)

It is the oldest set of laws on the books in our country.
They would gladly let it expire now.

One of the main liberal attacks on the Second Amendment is their claim that the law is archaic and needs to be revised to today's generation.

I think it's better to be left without and expiration date. And the rest of the Constitution as well. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Good idea. Also, every Federal law they pass expires if it fails to win a majority of votes in the next mid term or full term election, whichever comes first after its passage. Same applies to changes in regulatory laws.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The Constitution is the basis of liberty, freedom, and IS the law of the land. (Or should be.)

It is the oldest set of laws on the books in our country.
They would gladly let it expire now.

One of the main liberal attacks on the Second Amendment is their claim that the law is archaic and needs to be revised to today's generation.

I think it's better to be left without and expiration date. And the rest of the Constitution as well. wink
I assumed he was referring to Federal legislation, not the US Constitution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's what you get for trying to think....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dunno about what, but that's apparently the opinion of a number of Campfire members who claim to be against more government. Thought I'd just get the ball rolling.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. whistle laugh

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ditto!

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes, in opposition to the proliferation of LRR (laws, rules and regulations).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

John, you don't usually wade in this end of the pool. wink

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Originally Posted by derby_dude
A constitutional convention is the only legal way to do it and I agree.

Sadly, I think we'll see SHTF before we get to a Constitutional convention.
Hopefully a positive result from either scenario. Meanwhile, a lot of pain to be endured.

Either way, hitting the reset button is warranted.

My personal opinion is that there is absolutely nothing broken with the constitution that we have. It just needs to be adhered to. It is a fact that the government we have now will not adhere to it because big government serves itself, and not the people.

A Constitutional Convention would be a more peaceful way to resolution, but you are left with the very government structure and people that brought us to this point, and all they would have to do is ignore it.

If the very people that are responsible for governing for the people and neglect to do so, are dragged out of their offices and made an example of, publically, the next person that sits in that office may not be so willing to take the duties lightly. wink

I agree, a whole lot of politicians are gaming the system for their own gain.
Some are so brazen now that they are lying right to the publics face. And of course the media spins it in the liars favor... We have no "free" press to speak of.
"You can't fool all of the people, all of the time"
At least I hope not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

John, you don't usually wade in this end of the pool. wink

He ain't wading. He's pissing off the deck.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
What happens if I go below the 70% mark when developing a minimum load with Trail Boss?
Travis

Just top it off with Blew Dot and sell it back to Shrap after range development in done.

Sean
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Campfire Guide

Loc: Not In The City When America was in it's early years, the congress and people serving in office were people from the ranks of the population.

They were farmers, hunters, business owners, millwrights, or somehow connected to the common fiber of those that elected them.

When that power was passed to those with a gift of gab, and a natural ability for deception, the draw of rewards sucked from the very people that placed them in office, was all it took to refine that evil to the point it is today.

And we all see what we are left with...

AMEN to That!

I say cut Washington staffs to two per repesentative/ sen.

And pay them a living wag. Not a King's randsom!

The house down the street was built by an early Ohio Senator.
He was a farmer first ,represenative part time.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dunno about what, but that's apparently the opinion of a number of Campfire members who claim to be against more government. Thought I'd just get the ball rolling.

The Irony is not lost

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (257 mag, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 2UP, 300jimmy, 35, 14 invisible), 1,357 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.