Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Done. Thanks for the heads up.

BP-B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Done, but then I googled Sally Jewell, and I'm pretty sure she could give a rat's a$$ what any of us thinks.

BTW, traditional lead ammunition does, in fact, pose a health risk to animals. As always, shot placement is key.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Submitted - done, in spades.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's really a shame that we have to do this.
I think those politicians could care less about us and are freedoms.
Everyday it's a fight to keep our freedom.
God bless and take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
done

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Done. Thanks for the link and heads up.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I posted this on several forums, and you'd be surprised by some of the responses. If more people think like this guy we should be worried!

I haven't read into this aside from this thread so pardon me if I am missing something, but what is the big deal if lead ammunition is banned on federal land? I only deer hunt and when I do I shoot 308. I can buy a box of 100% copper ammunition for under $10 more than lead per box of 20. I take one or two deer a year and rarely miss. At most I figure I fire 5 rounds a year while in the woods. Ammunition used to sight a gun in can be lead since I imagine you won't be doing it on federal land so those 5 rounds would be all that I would be required to be lead free. That only adds up to an extra $2.50 a year if lead ammunition was banned. I know that plenty of people hunt a lot more than me but from where I sit I don't see the big issue. Like I said before, is there something I am missing or is the price difference the only complaint against banning lead ammunition?

If people can't/won't get a clue that this issue is deeper than copper and lead, we could possibly loose this battle.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Done

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I posted this on several forums, and you'd be surprised by some of the responses. If more people think like this guy we should be worried!

I haven't read into this aside from this thread so pardon me if I am missing something, but what is the big deal if lead ammunition is banned on federal land? I only deer hunt and when I do I shoot 308. I can buy a box of 100% copper ammunition for under $10 more than lead per box of 20. I take one or two deer a year and rarely miss. At most I figure I fire 5 rounds a year while in the woods. Ammunition used to sight a gun in can be lead since I imagine you won't be doing it on federal land so those 5 rounds would be all that I would be required to be lead free. That only adds up to an extra $2.50 a year if lead ammunition was banned. I know that plenty of people hunt a lot more than me but from where I sit I don't see the big issue. Like I said before, is there something I am missing or is the price difference the only complaint against banning lead ammunition?

If people can't/won't get a clue that this issue is deeper than copper and lead, we could possibly loose this battle.

Copied poster is definitely missing something. The. "Battle" as he puts it is having the right to choose.....

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Done

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Done

SC

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Done and forwarded to several non fire friends.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
done.

how do I send this to myself so that I can put it out to my club members?

thanks, Mel Chung

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Done, and forwarded to my buddies, too.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by melchung
done.

how do I send this to myself so that I can put it out to my club members?

thanks, Mel Chung

Copy the link, paste it in your e-mail, send to friends.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lastround

Copied poster is definitely missing something. The. "Battle" as he puts it is having the right to choose.....

One of many dumb fuggs.

As for me, I'd never obey the law even if it did pass.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
P
Done and forwarded to my contacts.

There's only 1 degree of dead!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by lastround

The is precisely what I was referring to in my post about Fuddism. Guns are only for hunting, yadda yadda.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Done deal

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sent mine. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
154 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 1,977 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,650
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.