-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Done. Where do people think lead comes from? Out of the dirt, for Pete's sake; we just put some of it back.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yankees are more prone to Fuddism than any other I know. They have 9 day deer seasons and that's the only time they have a gun in their hands.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Done...

100,000 times more lead on Federal Land from paint chips and dumped car batteries etc. than will ever occur from folks participating in traditional shooting sports/ammo.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Done and posted on Facebook.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
done

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Done.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Done

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Sent. Thanks

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Done.

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
< strapping on nomex shorts>

guys, the lead issue is real. Many scavenger birds are feasting on gut piles. Our lead bullets are fragmenting. There may only be a small amount of lead in the piles, but it is enough. Many of these birds are very sensitive to lead - for example, California condors and bald eagles. When a condor with a radio collar stops moving, they go out and find it, take it in, remove the lead from its blood, and put it back out. . Eagles aren't so lucky. Many are found sick and are put down, a few can be saved, but many are never found. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Utah all are seeing bald eagles with lead poisoning. Even Google knows about "eagle lead poisoning"

One endangered specie, another one that people consider a symbol of wilderness. . How long will it be before a judge or the EPA decides on the ban?

I strongly support the shooting sports. I was a skeptic, but I am also a scientist, and know several veterinarians. My research suggested that there was a problem; my vet friends confirmed my suspicions. I hunt, I shoot lead, but am switching to the non-toxic bullets before some judge makes me do it. As someone above pointed out, the cost isn't that much greater. Performance wise I think the non-toxics are better than lead. As sportsmen, I think it is up to us to minimalize collateral damage. If we get out and support the non-toxic movement, we have the high ground. It is up to us to do the right thing.

Look into this issue for yourself. We need to be able to fight back with facts.

Now I'm going to run for cover!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Survival of the fittest has always been the way of wild things. Lots of things are not around that used to be, and it is not all mans fault. We as humans have just as much right to live as any other animal, and even we have to adapt to keep our species alive. I do not go out of my way to try to make anything go extinct but if they do, I still sleep good at night. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I think it would be pretty cool to kill the LAST of something...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by forpest
< strapping on nomex shorts> - - Now I'm going to run for cover!

You probably don't need the nomex shorts, or to run for cover, because most of the folks who read your post have long experienced your particular bent and won't waste time/effort trying to rebut. I won't, either. Other news. Recently, near here, two scavenging eagles were hit/killed by vehicles, a cow elk died in a neighboring pasture due to a fly bite/virus, and vultures have been found dead - apparently due to coyote or wolf bites. That's just in this neighborhood. What should we do?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
done

taylorce1, thank you for posting this thread & link....you done good!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

So, someday all those Nosler Partitions I have put away might become collector items.

:-(

I'd be more than happy to collect them. More than likely there will be a ban on producing or selling ammunition that contains lead.

The ban will not be on previously acquired ammo.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deerstalker
that's the day we send all that lead to "them" air mail.

Well said sir.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I think it would be pretty cool to kill the LAST of something...

This isn't a poke at you Scott, but rather a chance to make a point. Even though American sportsman have brought some animals back from the brink of extinction through game management and clearly defined seasons, there are species world wide that become extinct all the time...and nature is the culprit, not man.

(I do see the same point was made on this thread before I made it)

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

So, someday all those Nosler Partitions I have put away might become collector items.

:-(

Yes, dimocommies will need them.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,783
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.