Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a few pages of what I think are original thoughts and observations. Today I realized another observation.

Almost no one questions the validity of the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics. Today I think I realized a third that scientists have been testing and verifying for generations and proven it as thoroughly as the other two: That is life comes from life.

Every year scores, maybe hundreds, of biochemist and there students try to generate life in a test tube and fail. They have been attempting this at least since the 1950�s when I first read about it. Maybe even prior to that. What else could the reasonalbe person conclude from these decades of failures except life come from life?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They're still wrestling with how second law of thermodynamics and the theory of evolution can both be true at the same time. The answer is in what they're named -- a law and a theory. It may be a convincing theory, but it is still a theory and will remain a theory simply because it cannot be observed or tested.

That "life comes from life" is plain enough, evidenced by the fact that some theorize life on earth came from somewhere in space. If life elsewhere is discovered, then we'll get around to asking how it got there.

Now to your point -- I don't think "life comes from life" is an original thought with you. Moses seemed pretty sure of it.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
Every year scores, maybe hundreds, of biochemist and there students try to generate life in a test tube and fail. They have been attempting this at least since the 1950�s when I first read about it. Maybe even prior to that. What else could the reasonalbe person conclude from these decades of failures except life come from life?

Yep. Think of how many hundreds of years and thousands of scientists and inventors tried to fly before it was realized that it's a physical law that it's impossible.

Oh. Wait. Never mind.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
One could conclude that the science is simply not quite there yet. wink

Philosophers used to talk about The Chain of Being, a more valid "chain of being" is simply that "life creates life" and that this chain ultimately began with God.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Calhoun,

You built a strawman and tried but failed to convince most folks. Since the dawn of time men reailzed heavier than air things could and did fly all the time. They watched birds and animals and bugs and fish fly. They even threw things for great distances and shot arrows even further. Once they mastered the right shape and power to weight the only creatures to give it any thought also flew.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RM, There's been three laws since about 1860 (four if you count the zeroth law of thermodynamics .

Do a little research outside the bible for a change.

• The zeroth: If two systems are both in thermal equilibrium with a third then they are in thermal equilibrium with each othe
  • The first law, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy can not be created or destroyed; it can only be redistributed or changed from one form to another.
  • The second law of thermodynamics says that the entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium almost always increases.
  • The third law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches zero.

Last edited by Steve; 07/23/14.

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm just wondering why they don't sell beer in packs bigger than 30

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Are you agreeing with me that I found the First and Second Laws and now a Third by studying God's Word? Sounds like it.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Well, there's three things that ALWAYS work

1. a guy getting racked
2. a gal not wearing enough clothes
3. a monkey riding a dog

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Calhoun,

You built a strawman and tried but failed to convince most folks. Since the dawn of time men reailzed heavier than air things could and did fly all the time. They watched birds and animals and bugs and fish fly. They even threw things for great distances and shot arrows even further. Once they mastered the right shape and power to weight the only creatures to give it any thought also flew.

Okay, replace flying with going to the moon. Or splitting the atom. Or whatever. It doesn't matter what you compare it to, trying to declare there's a new scientific law because nobody has done something "yet" is scientifically ridiculous.

Let's start with this. In order to discuss your new law, please define "life".

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you agreeing with me that I found the First and Second Laws and now a Third by studying God's Word? Sounds like it.

No, I think you're really good a deluding yourself and justifying it through scripture.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That which the biochemist are trying to duplicate.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Steve,

No, I think you're really good a deluding yourself and justifying it through scripture.

Are you saying there is no evidence in God's Word for the three "laws" I mentioned?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steve,

Are you saying there is no evidence in God's Word for the three "laws" I mentioned?

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
as someone once surmised, the whole universe is inside a test tube on the shelf in a space alien child's room n the book case. it was an experiment that he barely managed a C plus grade for.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have a few pages of what I think are original thoughts and observations. Today I realized another observation.

Almost no one questions the validity of the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics. Today I think I realized a third that scientists have been testing and verifying for generations and proven it as thoroughly as the other two: That is life comes from life.

Throw 2 retards of the opposite sex in the same room for a few days and see what happens in 9 months. That proves what?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Astrobiologists are convinced they'll find life out there somewhere. However...
The least complicated single cell organism is so vastly complicated that the chances of all the molecules for it's existence being in the same place at the same time is one in billions, and that's not counting bringing it to life. The odds of it happening twice on 2 different planets is one in billions squared - a number so incredibly small that it's virtually impossible to happen. Getting them both to live is ludicrous.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yet 3 out of 10 people believe in Bigfoot.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve
RM, There's been three laws since about 1860 (four if you count the zeroth law of thermodynamics .

• The zeroth: If two systems are both in thermal equilibrium with a third then they are in thermal equilibrium with each othe
  • The first law, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy can not be created or destroyed; it can only be redistributed or changed from one form to another.
  • The second law of thermodynamics says that the entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium almost always increases.
  • The third law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches zero.

Got there before me (thanks Thermo 302!) Though I do believe the 3rd law should state absolute zero, to reduce confusion...

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

� The zeroth: If two systems are both in thermal equilibrium with a third then they are in thermal equilibrium with each othe
�The first law, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy can not be created or destroyed; it can only be redistributed or changed from one form to another.
�The second law of thermodynamics says that the entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium almost always increases.
�The third law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches zero.

Perhaps you would have accepted my post with less attack if I did not use the word "Third Law" but another law. But I doubt it. The two concepts you mentioned are sorta like the creationist Sir Isaac Newton's, where he states a body at rest stays at rest unless acted on by an outside force. You use temperature instead of "body".

Everyday Hunter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (160user, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,188
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.