[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
sweet dog!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been blessed to have had a few good dogs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by prairie dog shooter; 07/23/14.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All these outdoorsy pics made me tired.

[Linked Image]

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
This little guy we brought back from Oz. Loves chewing on large rawhides and similar stuff.

[Linked Image]

I am surprised the USFWS, EPA, or some other alphabet agency didn't have have a slobberin duck fit when you brought this fellow home and try to send you to federal prison or something.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 07/23/14.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Cross,

I'll keep ys in mind when I breed her again. Just passed a heat on her in early summer. Hopefully find her a suitor here soon. have a couple in mind, just want to check them both out a little more.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Crap !

Had one hell of a ruckus fire up just before dawn's first light, today.

Gracey had treed a big Sow Coon, and about the time I wandered up with a .22 and a flashlight was inspired to climb the damn tree and grab hold of the bugger.

Bad Mistake, Gracey

[Linked Image]

I think this is the first time she's ever been "Bested" in a fight, and she's been moping around about it all day.

[Linked Image]

I just gave her a really good going over, there are no deep wounds, or lacerations,....and I'd say the only real hurt was to her pride.

Had a very frustrating time with the final dispatch of the little villain,....thick, thorny brush, an over-long (and too light caliber) rifle,...

Gracey pretty much had to do it on her own.

GTC

Ouch! glad to hear she wasn't hurt any worse. Coons can be hell on dogs, even good sized ones.

When my Dad had his first small garage, a lady brought her car in. She lived only a few blocks away, so he gave her a ride back home in her car, then drove it back to the shop. He jacked it up, got on a creeper and rolled under the rear axle, and found a raccoon sitting on top of the differential. The coon was not amused.

Dad calls the lady: "ma'am, do you have a pet coon?"
Lady: "Huh???What??"
Dad: "a raccoon, I found one in your car, on top of the axle."

silence

Lady: "I definitely do not have a pet raccoon, but I will ask the neighbors"

She called back after a while, and none of her neighbors had one, nor knew anyone else who had one. She lived in the middle of a town of 100,000, and raccoons were definitely not common. smile

Dad & my brother eventually put on heavy leather welding gloves, (which it could bite through) caught it and stowed it in an empty drum, then that night took it outside town and turned it loose. It was not the tiniest bit tame smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Coons can be hell on dogs,

coons,...
They're somewhat rare in this immediate area, more common down along the san Pedro river, and in the Huachucas. This was Gracey's first encounter with one, and my bet is that should she tree another she'll not be quite so inclined to join in battle.

I figured it was the neighbor's cat, or a Squirrel.

That crummy old scope's coming off the "Garden Gun" and I'm mounting a red dot setup,....I reckon that will be a lot handier around this place, where one's almost always shooting into shadows and thick cover,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[Linked Image]My little schipperkee buddy Petey.

Last edited by thumbcocker; 07/23/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by thumbcocker

Dem are kool dogs!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Foxee�my PHs tracking dog. Half Dachshund,half fox terrier. All hunter!

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Etta, the ultimate fish dog!

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Crap !

Had one hell of a ruckus fire up just before dawn's first light, today.

Gracey had treed a big Sow Coon, and about the time I wandered up with a .22 and a flashlight was inspired to climb the damn tree and grab hold of the bugger.

Bad Mistake, Gracey

[Linked Image]

I think this is the first time she's ever been "Bested" in a fight, and she's been moping around about it all day.

[Linked Image]

I just gave her a really good going over, there are no deep wounds, or lacerations,....and I'd say the only real hurt was to her pride.

Had a very frustrating time with the final dispatch of the little villain,....thick, thorny brush, an over-long (and too light caliber) rifle,...

Gracey pretty much had to do it on her own.

GTC

Now this, is a good fuggin' dog story.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our three dogs. We have a 2.5y old roan coat GSP - Gertie that we took in as a rescue. We have 3 year old male GSP - Dillon and a 2 year old Lab / GSP / perhaps pit mix Ruby that was also a rescue.

[Linked Image]

They absolutely LOVE water

[Linked Image]

Dillon will retrieve anything and loves water retrieval. Sometimes he doesn't seem to think about the fact that shorthairs get cold! This water was quite chilly and I had to wrap him up tightly afterwards.

[Linked Image]

Crazy boy loves to chase bubbles.

[Linked Image]

Did I mention they love water and the boat?

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by sactoller
Originally Posted by thumbcocker

Dem are kool dogs!
He is very protective of home and family. Vermin and snakes don't stand a chance either.

WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buzz, that looks like the firetower on the AT above Nantahala Gorge.
Cool dogs!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is my Bowi on point on a Sharptail.

I got him as a return to the breeder, because he was unmanageable. Which was hooey, he was quite manageable, as long as he got to go to the farm everyday, and run his fool head off for a couple of hours, dig out a dozen or so gophers, and run off a couple of feral cats and such.

The only dog I've ever hunted over that would pin down a pheasant with a point at 6 feet, a covey of sharptails at 30 yards, and a covey of huns at 40 yards, all on the same day. He just knew what kind of bird he smelled, and what it took to hold them.

Lost him 4 years ago at age 6 to cancer. I still miss him, sorely. I have his son, but he's not his father. I now have his grand daughter, too, from a different dam, and I have high hopes.

[Linked Image]

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you all for this wonderful thread !

.....what a magnificent dog was Bowi !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qsydujRVk_M/Unmqg7YFd_I/AAAAAAAAEIs/sarxlaIPMZk/w762-h572-no/2011%2Bpheasants%2B015.jpg[/img]

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 450yukon, 12 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 800 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,384
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.