Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The dammed disease. Just 'cause I peddle blades,you know, I've been bitten by that knife bug away long time ago. Just setting things straight.
So come on,sign in & introduce yourself.
My name is Vince & I'm a knifeaholic. blush

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm trying like he11 to not be a knifeaholic, but it ain't easy! I've been bit.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Guilty as charged. grin

μολὼν λαβέ
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
it has taken me a while for the realization to set in. But if it were not for blades incoming all the time , I'm afraid I would have drove myself to madness , a long time ago,and gone off the deep edge

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I am just an "Accumulator" of stuff. In my personal case it is an inherited trait and I declare it not to be a disease.
But the rest of you may need some group therapy, professional help, or???
How many knives I have is no secret, just an issue of unavailable substantiated data.
I do like this website.
jmho
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know from lots of self help programs that you are supposed to take responsibility for various addictions, but I'm still going to blame Vince for my custom knife addiction. I started out with custom fixed blade knives and I remember Vince talking lots about custom folders. I remember saying something to the effect that they didn't interest me. I now admit that I am powerless over slipjoint knives as well.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Gotta admit to being a knife addict too. And Charlie May is my dealer. But I do have knives from a couple of makers here at the "Fire as well. Have recently added GB Axes to my addiction........what a way to go!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am NOT a collector. I am NOT stricken with 'collector's mania'.
I do, however, buy a knife from time to time. laugh

no denial here at all. smile

Sam......

F
Frm Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Vince, What are you trying to say . . . you are dealing to support your habit? Mike

"We've had enough of exhortations to be silent! Cry out with a hundred thousand tongues! I see that the world is rotten because of silence!"
St. Catherine of Sienna
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Frm
Vince, What are you trying to say . . . you are dealing to support your habit? Mike

I guess it's like a public confession from deep within

I hope , I helped others,though

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My name is Jack, and I am a knifeaholic.
It started out simple and innocent enough an occasional knife here and there. You know, only what was socially acceptable.
That was then, now it is something dark and irreversible. I have belt grinders, and grinding belts hid everywhere. I spend my paycheck at Aldos pub of fine steels.
My friends just shake their heads as they see me rummaging through 2nd hand stores looking for canvas to make my own micarta.I come home stinking of steel my wife says. My descent into knife madness has no END!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by j2dogs; 07/26/14.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I check the classified sections several times a day, even at work, to see what might have come up for sale. I've got about ten nice hunting knives I've bought over the years, and a dozen pocketknives to boot, both custom and hardware store variety. Everytime I go in an antique store with the wife, I check whether they have any knives. Does that make me a knifeaholic? Yes it does.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 66 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.