Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
6mm250 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
COVINGTON, Ga. � A Covington police officer on Wednesday shot a man carrying a large, "medieval" style sword, police said.

Police Capt. Craid Treadwell said officers responded just after 12:30 p.m. after getting calls about a man walking in and out of traffic carrying the sword and occasionally swiping it at some cars passing by, The Covington News reported (http://bit.ly/1kczKQq).

The man attacked a responding officer, who then backed away and gave verbal commands before drawing his gun, Treadwell said.

"As he gave a verbal command with his weapon drawn, the suspect came more agitated and raised his sword above his head and attacked the officer again," Treadwell said. "The officer had no choice but to fire his weapon striking the suspect one time."

The suspect was identified as 44-year-old Julian Leon Faulkner Jr. It was not immediately clear whether he would face charges or whether he had a lawyer.

Faulkner was taken to Atlanta's Grady Memorial Hospital, where he was undergoing surgery Wednesday afternoon, Treadwell said.

The Georgia Bureau of investigation is looking into the shooting. The officer, whose name wasn't released, has been placed on administrative leave until the investigation is done in accordance with department policy. Treadwell said the officer has been with the department for more than 10 years. He was not injured.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/07/23/3212752/covington-police-say-officer-shot.html#storylink=cpy

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got to take your meds, Sir Lancelot.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Sword guy should have watch "Raiders of the Lost Ark" it went badly for the sword guy in that movie to!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang, better ban those assault swords! grin

While on administrative duty, some range practice could be useful.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If this was Albuquerque - the whiners would be out, full force - "He was such a good boy - he shouldn't have been shot. Damm cops! "

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
We had a similar incident here. The Officer lost two fingers on his gun hand, but still managed to put the crazy guy down.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't they have tasers in that part of the country?

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gmsemel
The Sword guy should have watch "Raiders of the Lost Ark" it went badly for the sword guy in that movie to!

You beat me to that! smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by manydogs

Tell us you're joking,....

...I'd sure HOPE so.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari
Got to take your meds, Sir Lancelot.
grin

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah right. Like you are going to get close and do that. I'm sure you might loose that one.

Within twenty feet, they have a knife or a sword, you better have your weapon to the ready.

My thoughts.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

C'mon,....you ARE just farting around with that post ?

GTC

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I think this needs to be investigated and now! How much longer are we going to allow our fellow conservatives to be gunned down without realizing this is an attack on our rights to bear arms!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I think this needs to be investigated and now! How much longer are we going to allow our fellow conservatives to be gunned down without realizing this is an attack on our rights to bear arms!

That certainly makes a lot of sense.

Look, you should check with your Doc as to how many spoonfuls of stupid you're supposed to put in your evening meds, Walt.

...you look to be getting carried away

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Please refere to me as "Captain Obious" from now own!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

One of the greatest scenes in modern movies, and totally improv'd. Harrison Ford had dysentery so bad that he'd been in the hospital for days. They had one day left on their Visas and needed to get that shoot in. Indy was supposed to draw the sword he'd picked up and fight the guy for a rather long and running battle through the streets. Ford, barely able to stand up, muttered something under his breath (caught on camera), pulled the pistol and fired. The stunt man with the sword thought it was a rewrite and reacted very well.

Spielberg said "Cut, that's a take". Ford collapsed. Spielberg's next words were "get him to the hospital and back on a plane."

A slightly modified version, for wiki: http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Arab_Swordsman

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

tired of "horse's azz, stupid beatch, scumsucker" so soon?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

For all we know, you may be him.

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im trying to find out what an "Obious" is�..

I googled it�nothing�..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

397 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 22250rem, 36 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,361
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.