Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
For the same reason they oppose the death penalty but advocate abortion.

Spot on!

Riddle me this Conservative.

"Thou Shall Not Kill"

You are too stupid to understand but that refers to murder...but again you won't get it. The liberal koolaid you drank won't let you.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You are too stupid to understand but that refers to murder...but again you won't get it. The liberal koolaid you drank won't let you.

I bow to your wisdom on the subject...Please find me the correct passage in the Bible that spells out the difference between Murder and Killing. I await your wisdom.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I bow to your wisdom on the subject...Please find me the correct passage in the Bible that spells out the difference between Murder and Killing. I await your wisdom.

The difference between Murder and Kill is translation based.

In the Hebrew Bible the word Ratsach is used in Exodus 20:13 which means murder, not kill. "Thou Shalt not Murder". Murder is done with malice; abortion is murder, an execution is not. Really nothing to explain, kill is there only because of various translations.

"The Big Red One"

Griff: I can't murder anybody.
The Sergeant: We don't murder; we kill.
Griff: It's the same thing.
The Sergeant: The hell it is, Griff. You don't murder animals; you kill 'em.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have heard that "kill" is a f'ed up translation of "murder"

killing is different than murdering.

So with this logic you should be able to make up anything you wish as "I heard".

That works for me!

here you go you stupid lil bitch

no need to thank me for enlightening your dumb azz once again.

Hebrew speakers; Is it "Kill" or"murder"?
In the english translation, the commandment says "You shall not kill." I have heard recently that the original hebrew word more closely meant "murder", which is a ...show more
Update : Holy Bunny, so if I kill you and feel bad about it, I can be absolved by ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice

www.peacebyjesus answered 7 years ago

The Bible clearly reveals that the 6th commandment only prohibits unjust killing, such as that of the innocent, or for less than a capital offense, or out of an motive, or by an unlawful entity. etc.

Brown Drive Briggs definition:
H7523 [Strongs number]
רצח
râtsach
BDB Definition:
1) to murder, slay, kill
1a) (Qal) to murder, slay
1a1) premeditated
1a2) accidental
1a3) as avenger
1a4) slayer (intentional) (participle)
1b) (Niphal) to be slain
1c) (Piel)
1c1) to murder, assassinate
1c2) murderer, assassin (participle) (substantive)
1d) (Pual) to be killed
=================

H7523
רצח
râtsach
Total KJV Occurrences: 47
slayer, 17
Num_35:11, Num_35:25-28 (4), Deu_4:42, Deu_19:3-4 (2), Deu_19:6, Jos_20:3, Jos_20:5-6 (2), Jos_21:13, Jos_21:21, Jos_21:27, Jos_21:32, Jos_21:38
murderer, 13
Num_35:16-19 (7), Num_35:21 (2), Num_35:30-31 (2), 2Ki_6:32, Job_24:14
kill, 4
Exo_20:13, Num_35:27, Deu_4:42, Deu_5:17
murder, 3
Psa_94:6, Hos_6:9 (2)
slain, 3
Jdg_20:4, Psa_62:3, Pro_22:13
manslayer, 2
Num_35:6, Num_35:12
death, 1
Num_35:30
killed, 1
1Ki_21:19
killing, 1
Hos_4:2
murderers, 1
Isa_1:21
slayeth, 1
Deu_22:26

Like in life, context often determines meaning. The Bible overall provides abundant context and reiterations by which it interpret itself. There are others words for kill but which do not always denote unjust killing.
======================================...
For the railer (not the questioner) who charges God with not following His own rules, there is not one instance when the judgment of God was not according to truth (Rm. 2:2), rather if you would read the Bible and in context, you would see that any Divine executions were after a long time of God's long suffering of immoral behavior, which they were warned of (Ps. 78; 105, 106). And such are actually an act of mercy for the world.

And if you read the Bible through without a rebellious heart, you will see that it is God who is constantly giving us good things and good laws, which we misuse and break - and then blame God for the mess! If God made robots you might have a case, but He does not which is why you could write your blasphemy, and He is merciful, which is why many rebels against God are still breathing.

(Eccl 7:29) "Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions."

And God's giving did not stop at giving material things, but He so loved that He gave the most precious thing He could give, that which was never Created, and gave His only Begotten Son that we might live though Him, who loved us and gave Himself for us.

(Acts 3:19) "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;"

Asker's rating & comment
5 out of 5
Through and definitive. Many thanks to Yotg and SomeOne Who Cares as well.

1 comment

Other Answers (8)
Rated Highest

Automation Wizard answered 7 years ago
Please check it out for yourself in a Strong's Concordance. Just look up the word, find which Hebrew word number it is, and look up that number. You will see a dictionary definition of the original Hebrew word.

It is murder.
Comment
yotg answered 7 years ago
The Hebrew phrase says לא תרצח [lo tirtzach]: "you shall not murder".

"tirtzach" comes from the root R.TZ.CH [ר.צ.ח]- murder.
Source(s):
Hebrew speaker
Comment
dtown answered 7 years ago
I understand that it is "murder".

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
So why do "Want To Be" conservatives exhibit so much hate, a lack of tolerance and lack so much willingness to accept another opinion other than their own?

Is this a new thread?

Now your head is going to explode!! Just say Ted Cruz 3 times fast and you will be fine.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and lets not lose sight of the fact, that the folks like this NWA azzhole, who value the scripture when it is convenient for them, seem to forget the same scripture when it comes to murdering babies.

You are making the assumption that I support abortion and once again you would be wrong. Your football coach never told you the story about ASSuming?

You do support abortion with your stupid-azz votes for democrats (i.e.: You're responsible for everything Pelosi and Reid did/does due to your votes that keep them in power). And now God-loving taxpayers are forced to pay for it. Congratulations?

ETA: Oops. What I meant was..........

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 257heaven; 07/24/14.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TomT
It's a complex answer, but as where conservative people usually use logic and common sense in their beliefs/decision making (in all things in life), liberals tend to use feelings and/or a moral (to them) compass equivalence in their beliefs/decision making.

A recent example of this is when an industry (I'm in Advertising) aquaintence posted a picture on Facebook of her with Nelson Mandella's grandson at some UN function, and the comments/replies to her picture were:

"What an honor", "such a great man", "your so lucky", etc. (all liberals commenting)

Now, I'm not saying this because of race, but I'm not going to run over to Neil Armstrong's Grandson and start fawning, but I don't seem to have the liberal mindset. This might not be the best example, but it struck me as weird.

Basically, I come across Liberals every day (I work in NYC), and while NY is my birth State, being a conservative sportsman in this city certainly makes me feel like I'm living in The Twilight Zone sometimes. 5-10 more years, and I can retire out of this place, God willing! -TomT

There. Fixed it for you.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So why do "Want To Be" conservatives exhibit so much hate, a lack of tolerance and lack so much willingness to accept another opinion other than their own?

Is this a new thread?

Now your head is going to explode!! Just say Ted Cruz 3 times fast and you will be fine.

So nice of you to chime in with your drivel. Progressives (Liberals) love to spout about they are the party of tolerance-until you disagree with their position.
There is nothing in the founding documents that states you have to right to not be offended or that everyone has to agree with you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Esox357
Liberal's try to justify what suits them and their wants, even if it is hypocrisy?

...completely unlike conservatives, right?

Heh.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FlaRick
hate tobacco smoking but support marijuana?

American Lung Society says both cause cancer.

You have to be on something to believe what they believe.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Is this a new thread?

I'm one of the most loving, happy guys around.

but I hate thieves and liars

tis why I don't like politicians or you

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
For the same reason they oppose the death penalty but advocate abortion.

Spot on!

Riddle me this Conservative.

"Thou Shall Not Kill"

The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number: 07523
Original Word Word Origin
xcr a primitive root
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Ratsach TWOT - 2208
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
raw-tsakh' Verb
Definition

to murder, slay, kill
(Qal) to murder, slay
premeditated
accidental
as avenger
slayer (intentional) (participle)
(Niphal) to be slain
(Piel)
to murder, assassinate
murderer, assassin (participle)(subst)
(Pual) to be killed

King James Word Usage - Total: 47
slayer 16, murderer 14, kill 5, murder 3, slain 3, manslayer 2, killing 1, slayer + (0310) 1, slayeth 1, death 1

KJV Verse Count
Exodus 1
Numbers 14
Deuteronomy 6
Joshua 8
Judges 1
1 Kings 1
2 Kings 1
Job 1
Psalms 2
Proverbs 1
Isaiah 1
Jeremiah 1
Hosea 2

Total

As indicated above, "kill" as used in the Commandments refers to premeditated murder. Most familiar with the Bible understand that. Demoncraps, not so much.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ha, you think nwa can interpret that?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
"The use of our English word �kill� provides a good example of how words can be used. Suppose we say: �It is wrong to kill your neighbor,� but then we say, �It is not always wrong for a policeman to kill his neighbor.� Are these two statements contradictory? No. Not if in the first instance we use �kill� to mean intentionally, premeditatively killing out of malice, etc., but in the second we mean the policeman may shoot his neighbor if the neighbor was shooting at him, was holding hostages at gunpoint, etc. Biblical statements about killing, murder, and capital punishment are not contradictory."

Leviticus 24:17"Anyone who takes another person's life must be put to death.

English Standard Version
�Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death.

New American Standard Bible
'If a man takes the life of any human being, he shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 21:12-17New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Personal Injuries
12 �He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death. 13 But [a]if he did not lie in wait for him, but God let him fall into his hand, then I will appoint you a place to which he may flee. 14 If, however, a man acts presumptuously toward his neighbor, so as to kill him craftily, you are to take him even from My altar, that he may die.

Exodus 20:13New International Version (NIV)

13 �You shall not murder.

Numbers 35:30�31
30 �If anyone kills a person, the murderer shall be put to death on the levidence of witnesses. But no person shall be put to death on the testimony of one witness. 31 Moreover, you shall accept no ransom for the life of a murderer, who is guilty of death, but he shall be put to death.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I don't think there has been any Hippies in this country for about......35+ years. Thank god for Red Necks?

The up side is both of your demographic groups provide lots of Tax Revenue so keep on Smoking/Toking!

Not true. They are all in Austin, TX.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Liberals hate corporate profit. Embellishing health concerns is an easy ploy for them to use. Yet they don't want the state and federal taxes to go away. Supporting marijuana use can be broken into two categories. Medical use may have some legitimacy but not all the medical research bears that out.
Recreational use is just kicking over another societal standard. Hey, you can get high with alcohol or marijuana - what's the difference right?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by Esox357
Liberal's try to justify what suits them and their wants, even if it is hypocrisy?

...completely unlike conservatives, right?

Heh.

Your problem is.............?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I think they just want the same rules to apply to both. At least that's what libertarians want. Conservatives, as well, if they have their heads screwed on right. I doubt any liberal who wishes to be perceived as halfway logical would want superior rights for pot as compared to tobacco.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Cause they suck

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doesn't matter what the political affiliation...a hypocrite is a hypocrite and I have no use for them!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,458 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,577
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.