Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Last August I spent several weeks with some of the CF members in Oregon, Idaho and Arizona....had such a great time I actually left my favorite Model 57 behind knowing I would be back for it...so last week I hitched the trailer to the truck and headed west.

Have made several stops a long the way but when plans to visit with one member of the S&W Forums fell through I happened to notice that I was going to be going through Kiowa, Colorado and thought I remembered one of the CF members being from there... So spur of the moment I sent a PM to huntsman22 and he called me a few minutes later to say "come to the ranch" that he manages. And what a great time it has been... Talk about people who make you feel at home...Don is just a great guy...

Don and one of the "pet" Longhorns...

[Linked Image]

Shooting my 657 Hunter...

[Linked Image]

Don is a great guy and loves company....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Longhorns are the most beautiful cattle there are IMO. Those pony Angus on the right are the money-makers though. That must be a Dan Wesson on his hip.

Frickin' thistles and cactus. It never ends.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Longhorns are the most beautiful cattle there are IMO. Those pony Angus on the right are the money-makers though. That must be a Dan Wesson on his hip.

Frickin' thistles and cactus. It never ends.

It's probably that damn performance center S&W he keeps posting pictures of and making me jealous!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Don's performance center S&W is very nice.

He even let me shoot it last weekend. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
EE, it's my Schmeef and Wayshun PC commander, and you're right about the thistles and cack-tie. I've declared war on both, but the fugging goatheads are my main priority.....wanna job? I can't seem to be able to keep up....

Guys, if RJM swings by your place, it'll be a real treat. Hell of a good guy with a hardcase plumb fulla nice toys to play with. When he pulled into the place, I did have my reservations about the invite, tho. He steps outta the truck with a big ol' hardcase. Why, my first thoughts were, that I invited a fricking travelling salesman to stay over....grin

[Linked Image]

After exchanging pleasantries, he eased my mind about the salesman bit, when he opened that pandora's box O' pistols. Hell, he even let me burn up some of his ammo...grin

[Linked Image]

ol' Bob's a handsome devil, to boot....
[Linked Image]

I can't recall him missing any pins...
[Linked Image]

or clays with Miss Maggie.
[Linked Image]

he did run a mag thru the commander. I think he did it just to keep me from feeling guilty about dirtying up his shooters.
[Linked Image]

nice sunrise for Bob as he had to leave for GJ today
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/huntsman22/rondy/IMG_3059_zps273314c4.jpg[/img]

I went up to the Colo get-together last saturday, and Bob is the second 'fire member to stop to the ranch this week. CFVA and his most lovely bride came thru earlier, on their way to Frontier Days and elk scouting. Good week of putting faces to names... Now if I could get Mackay and the rest of you thugs to visit when you drive by, I'd really enjoy it. Don

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I go near there when I visit my folks. I will be sure and stop by next time.

I don't really have anything to offer like RJM does. But I do talk a lot and I can drink beer real good.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like a fine visit. I've spent very little time in the Rocky Mountain States, need to fix that in the coming years.

Those longhorns have bigger horns than the Corrientes on my deer lease... crazy grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I find the longhorns harder to lasso.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by P_Weed

I find the longhorns harder to lasso.

I remember years ago a local guy decided to rope one of those things. The horse was standing sideways, not front on. It was a mistake. The longhorn took a pull with his head and pulled the horse right over.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FtF visits are almost always good, especially with fellow 'fire members, ain't met a bad one yet.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Looks like a fine visit. I've spent very little time in the Rocky Mountain States, need to fix that in the coming years.

Those longhorns have bigger horns than the Corrientes on my deer lease... crazy grin
Longhorns ain't common.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don when we first got this place years ago, my Mom fought the danged Goatheads. They were all growed up in the lots around where the old barn and corrals were. We had several piles of them taller than pickups where Mom and the rest of us hoed them out and piled them up, then burned them. I guess she was successful as you seldom see them around here anymore. They had about took the place back in 1980 though.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sounds like a good time was had.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Longhorns ain't common.

They are fairly common in Texas; sort of a living history thing... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
these steers are just ornaments for the guests to get unique photo ops with. But I sure get attached to my critters, and these longhorns, and my turkeys, are my bestest friends, and about the only entertainment I get....grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Corrientes on my lease look like Spanish fighting bulls, but are actually pretty docile. Smart buggers. If you are driving in their pasture they will immediately run for the gate, hoping that you'll let them out. One time they were gathered at the gate. I wanted out that way so I got out and waved my arms and yelled "shoo!". They were unimpressed.

I drove to another gate, and left that way smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Longhorns ain't common.

They are fairly common in Texas; sort of a living history thing... smile
There are a lot of Longhorns up here too but that's not what I meant. "Corriente" just means common cattle in Mexican. What I was saying is that a Longhorn is not a Corriente since they're two separate breeds. I thought you'd get it but sorry for the confusion.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
one thing i need to ask rjm about is that "camo" grip on that one revolver, choke, gasp. I bought a 57 six inch a few years ago that had one of those on it. I can't find it now, it got lost.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
... "Corriente" just means common cattle in Mexican. What I was saying is that a Longhorn is not a Corriente since they're two separate breeds. I thought you'd get it but sorry for the confusion.

ah, okay, I did not know that.

They look like this:

[Linked Image]

and I was bit startled the first time I saw the bull. smile The landowner told me, when they want to move them to another pasture, he puts a block of feed on his pickup tailgate, and drives slowly. The Corrs trot after the pickup.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22
EE, it's my Schmeef and Wayshun PC commander, and you're right about the thistles and cack-tie. I've declared war on both, but the fugging goatheads are my main priority.....wanna job? I can't seem to be able to keep up....

Guys, if RJM swings by your place, it'll be a real treat. Hell of a good guy with a hardcase plumb fulla nice toys to play with. When he pulled into the place, I did have my reservations about the invite, tho. He steps outta the truck with a big ol' hardcase. Why, my first thoughts were, that I invited a fricking travelling salesman to stay over....grin

[Linked Image]

After exchanging pleasantries, he eased my mind about the salesman bit, when he opened that pandora's box O' pistols. Hell, he even let me burn up some of his ammo...grin

[Linked Image]

ol' Bob's a handsome devil, to boot....
[Linked Image]

I can't recall him missing any pins...
[Linked Image]

or clays with Miss Maggie.
[Linked Image]

he did run a mag thru the commander. I think he did it just to keep me from feeling guilty about dirtying up his shooters.
[Linked Image]

nice sunrise for Bob as he had to leave for GJ today
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/huntsman22/rondy/IMG_3059_zps273314c4.jpg[/img]

I went up to the Colo get-together last saturday, and Bob is the second 'fire member to stop to the ranch this week. CFVA and his most lovely bride came thru earlier, on their way to Frontier Days and elk scouting. Good week of putting faces to names... Now if I could get Mackay and the rest of you thugs to visit when you drive by, I'd really enjoy it. Don

Don,

I'd be more than happy and honored to accept the invite, if my travels take me that way. smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 708 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.