Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesW
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
How can you have a section for a country that basically doesnt allow hunting in half of the place, and the rest of the time it's bloody camels or donkeys of all things, and nothing for NZ, the mecca of Pacific safari's? the Paris of the South Pacific?

So we now want a section for "EACH" Australian State and Teritory?

That was really mean. So it's no wonder I laughed for a good 15 seconds.

GB1

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I love our Aussie neighbours but hell will freeze over before we ever become a state of that fair land.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
[bleep] oath, all the kiwis here keep saying how good home is.........if it's that good [bleep] back there then.......lol

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Born in NZ and lived in Oz now for 27 years. My view is this NZ has a lot to offer in the way of hunting and fishing but jobs paying decent money are hard to find.
Australia also has plenty of hunting and fishing , but the opportunities here are better.They are two different countries.
It is the same as towns each one is different. Take the good bits , don't worry about the rest too much , Don't whinge ,look at life positively . I went to the US 2 years ago to enjoy myself for 7 weeks, Had a ball , mindset was to find at least 1 thing a day that was enjoyable, This i easily did and had a great time

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Agreed on the NZ section of the forum. My favorite place to hunt, by far. Luckily, I married into it wink

I think it's remiss not to mention that NZ has it's share of govt funded chopper hunts as well, though, in addition to the 1080 drops -

Last edited by CrazyGame16; 05/30/14.

formerly CrazyGame16
IC B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by battered
[bleep] oath, all the kiwis here keep saying how good home is.........if it's that good [bleep] back there then.......lol

There's plenty of Aussies here too mate. Still, I enjoy their company, always easy going and friendly.

Just because my wife's name happens to be Baaaaaaaabaaaaraaa doesn't mean I hate the woolly bastards.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
grin grin

yeah kiwis are cool...........now tasmanians.....theres another story grin

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Just got back from a hunt on the South Island. Had an absolutely wonderful time while there. The hunt was terrific and the people and country are wonderful.

I have issues with AU. Trying to bring a firearm into AU is a trick-at best. And then the rules change from state to state.

I'd love to see a hunt report! DIY?

We hired Kiwi Safaris, and had a great time. Shot Red Stag and Tahr. I took my wife, who's a non hunter and she made every step with me. Talk about living outside your comfort zone...
She's not anti hunting but just doesn't hunt but she was on the mountain with me every day.
I'll say Kiwi Safaris is a top flight outfitter. The lodge where we stayed is beautiful and they took great care of us.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 06/30/14.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Here's the Tahr. Tough as a bus station steak, these guys. He absorbed 3 rounds of 165 grain TBBC's from about 125 yards before he tipped over. I'm still trying to recover from the climb and am really happy to have him bagged.

[img:center][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 06/30/14.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Here's the Stag.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Beautiful trophies OSU.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks mate. I love my country but if I were forced to leave the US, I would head straight for the south Island.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by MOG
Umm I love NZ, but the Paris of the South Pacific it is not.
Great hunting and a much better attitude towards it but Auckland is like a 1990's version of Sydney, Christchurch is pretty average culturally, Wellington is the jewel culturally but the rest.... Very beautiful but not a cultural Mecca unless you are a sheep!

Regards,

Mog

You may be right about the culture thing Mog but personally I can't stand cities - big, medium or small. Was in Auckland the other day and the traffic and parking fees just suck beyond belief.

I've lived in a few of the bigger cities around the world too and I really can't understand the big attraction apart from the need to because of a certain job. Crowds, traffic, noise, pollution. A nice friendly, small town with great hunting and fishing close by - can't beat it. smile I like sheep too, especially roast lamb. grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've been to New Zealand and Australia and liked them both a lot. I will say this, Australia got me to go the region, but wonderful NZ got me to go back.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

426 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 257_X_50, 39 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,411
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.