-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sherp, miss your thorizine this morning?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Massachusetts cops are NOT your friends

who knew?

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cops have a real delima. When go out they do know who they will meet. An old law abiding man like me or a group MS 13 members.
One of the wisest men I ever knew ( my dad) told me when I was in high school, a little something I always remember. I told him I was thinking about being a cop, what did he think. He said if you mess with poop you will get some on you. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
well then hb, I suppose that if all the Citizens were disarmed, the police would feel safer. Wait, we have already disarmed most of America, and they STILL don't feel safe. Go figure.

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
That's a disconnected and indirect means of popular control over the police. What happens there is that often all major parties running for council agree on militarizing the police, but differ on other points that earn the votes of their constituency, thus, in that case, the people have zero control over the police. Elites, however, have plenty of control over issues that will be agreed upon by all major parties by prior arrangement.

Sheriffs, on the contrary, are directly answerable to the people in the communities they serve.

You'd have to reach a special level of stupid to not see the irony of this post, after reading the OP.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
MA was a hard place to have a handgun back in the early 70s. In order to take my Ruger single-six out of my house I had to have a handgun permit. That had nothing to do with concealed carry, it was just to walk through my front door with it. I was in the Navy stationed in Newport but living in MA. The chief said no unless I belonged to the local good guys gun club and the fees were way beyond the average sailors means. It made no difference to him I was on the ships pistol teem. I bought a home in the next town and that chief had no problem with me having a handgun and leaving the house with it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.

They're certainly different than cops in my town.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
That's a disconnected and indirect means of popular control over the police. What happens there is that often all major parties running for council agree on militarizing the police, but differ on other points that earn the votes of their constituency, thus, in that case, the people have zero control over the police. Elites, however, have plenty of control over issues that will be agreed upon by all major parties by prior arrangement.

Sheriffs, on the contrary, are directly answerable to the people in the communities they serve.

You'd have to reach a special level of stupid to not see the irony of this post, after reading the OP.

Travis

Well, yeah.....but in other locals, it often comes into play.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Those particular police chiefs can GFT...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Good answer. While they may be enforcing the same laws, you rarely see a Sheriff openly campaigning for something the majority of his constituents are against.
Exactly.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.

They're certainly different than cops in my town.

Travis

Police are not significantly different from one town to the next. That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Sherp, miss your thorizine this morning?

Can't say that I am on it and apparently you need your dose upped since you seem to believe that since you are on it that I am as well.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
I support myself and no one else .

So you are a POS liberal/libertarian. Did you vote 3rd party or just go ahead and vote Obama?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good answer. While they may be enforcing the same laws, you rarely see a Sheriff openly campaigning for something the majority of his constituents are against.
Exactly.

Yep, they have to talk like they are opposed to firearms safety laws to get elected, but once in office they enforce those laws with gusto and end up having fewer crazy libertarian types to pay lip service to come the next election cycle.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sherp

Police are not significantly different from one town to the next. That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

I have been in all fifty states and lived in seven. I can tell you your first statement is wrong.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by shemp
Police are not significantly different from one town to the next.

One of the stupidest statements ever written on the net.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F

I have been in all fifty states and lived in seven. I can tell you your first statement is wrong.

So can I. This whole "people are the same everywhere" line of thinking is a lot of myth and hoooey. Getting together with people in the same business once or twice a year does not make a homogeneous group. Getting together every weekend...more likely. Who do you think your local guys are with weekly?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You 2 can make fun of the statement since that is all you can do. What you can't do is show us many towns that do not send reps to IACP conferences or similar law enforcement get togethers which shows what indicates their views much better than your bogus claims.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F

So can I. This whole "people are the same everywhere" line of thinking is a lot of myth and hoooey. Getting together with people in the same business once or twice a year does not make a homogeneous group. Getting together every weekend...more likely. Who do you think your local guys are with weekly?

So a carpenter from New York cuts a board looking over their shoulder with a mirro while one from texas cuts the board while facing it? BS. Occupations just aren't that different from one region to the next which is what would be necessary for police in one area to be as different as you all claim.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You 2 can make fun of the statement since that is all you can do. What you can't do is show us many towns that do not send reps to IACP conferences or similar law enforcement get togethers which shows what indicates their views much better than your bogus claims.

What you don't get, is that your point is meaningless. You think that participation in an occasional meeting by an industry group amounts to universal groupthink. If they spent a lot of time together at frequent intervals, that might be the case - but once or twice a year does not make a mindset.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,740
Posts18,457,663
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.