Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.
link to story
Police chiefs in Massachusetts are blasting state lawmakers for shooting down a provision that would have given them sole discretion over who can get rifle or shotgun permits.

The Bay State, which has some of the nation's toughest gun laws, has long left it up to a community's top cop to sign off on handgun permits. Lawmakers were considering extending that to include the Firearms Identification Card, or FID, needed to possess long guns. But lawmakers, leery of the constitutionality of the law, which critics say can result in law-abiding citizens being denied their Second Amendment rights, have stripped a proposed bill of that provision. This week, police chiefs from throughout the state and gun control advocates converged on the Statehouse in Boston to blast state senators for removing the provision.

�Our position is really very, very simple,� said Wayne Sampson, executive director of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association. �We, as an association, believe that it�s unconscionable that if we determine a person is unsuitable to carry a handgun, that they can then turn around and apply for a Firearms Identification Card, which allows them, by law, to purchase rifles and shotguns. And there�s no way we can impose any restrictions on that. It just doesn�t make sense.�

and as always, more at the link..........

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why do you not support the police? They know best who should and should not be armed.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.
link to story
Police chiefs in Massachusetts are blasting state lawmakers for shooting down a provision that would have given them sole discretion over who can get rifle or shotgun permits.

The Bay State, which has some of the nation's toughest gun laws, has long left it up to a community's top cop to sign off on handgun permits. Lawmakers were considering extending that to include the Firearms Identification Card, or FID, needed to possess long guns. But lawmakers, leery of the constitutionality of the law, which critics say can result in law-abiding citizens being denied their Second Amendment rights, have stripped a proposed bill of that provision. This week, police chiefs from throughout the state and gun control advocates converged on the Statehouse in Boston to blast state senators for removing the provision.

�Our position is really very, very simple,� said Wayne Sampson, executive director of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association. �We, as an association, believe that it�s unconscionable that if we determine a person is unsuitable to carry a handgun, that they can then turn around and apply for a Firearms Identification Card, which allows them, by law, to purchase rifles and shotguns. And there�s no way we can impose any restrictions on that. It just doesn�t make sense.�

Bet they can't hold a candle to the NJ Gestapo .

Mass cops showed what they were all about during the marathon bombing, they showed sheer imcompetence, if it were not for a neighbor tipping them off they still would not have found the lone bomber. Their staged show of force to the MSM during the whole thing was disgusting. They clearly believe they rule the citizens in that state.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Police departments seem far more often to be on the wrong side of things (the side of the elites) than Sheriff's Departments. One wonders if that's a manifestation of the fact that Chiefs are political appointees with relatively secure positions while Sheriffs are holders of elective office, directly answerable to their constituency via the ballot box. No mystery to me.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Send them a copy of the Constitution. Wait! Can they read?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Bet they can't hold a candle to the NJ Gestapo .

Mass cops showed what they were all about during the marathon bombing, they showed sheer imcompetence, if it were not for a neighbor tipping them off they still would not have found the lone bomber. Their staged show of force to the MSM during the whole thing was disgusting. They clearly believe they rule the citizens in that state.
Big Plus One.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Police departments are controlled by city councils, are they not? Who controls the city councils? As I recall, it's the VOTERS. Why don't more voters take action to replace councils who allow this crap?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And there�s no way we can impose any restrictions on that. It just doesn�t make sense.�

Sounds like they feel their opinion should rank somewhere above the second amendment. Surely, no one would ever abuse such power.

1Minute
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Police departments seem far more often to be on the wrong side of things (the side of the elites) than Sheriff's Departments. One wonders if that's a manifestation of the fact that Chiefs are political appointees with relatively secure positions while Sheriffs are holders of elective office, directly answerable to their constituency via the ballot box. No mystery to me.

Very true, Hawk.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes since police can carry nationwide and you can't.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Police departments are controlled by city councils, are they not? Who controls the city councils? As I recall, it's the VOTERS. Why don't more voters take action to replace councils who allow this crap?
That's a disconnected and indirect means of popular control over the police. What happens there is that often all major parties running for council agree on militarizing the police, but differ on other points that earn the votes of their constituency, thus, in that case, the people have zero control over the police. Elites, however, have plenty of control over issues that will be agreed upon by all major parties by prior arrangement.

Sheriffs, on the contrary, are directly answerable to the people in the communities they serve.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It isn't crap!! Why do you want police denied the power and tools they need to keep civilians in line?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sherp

It isn't crap!! Why do you want police denied the power and tools they need to keep civilians in line?
laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a disconnected and indirect means of popular control over the police. What happens there is that often all major parties running for council agree on militarizing the police, but differ on other points that earn the votes of their constituency, thus, in that case, the people have zero control over the police. Elites, however, have plenty of control over issues that will be agreed upon by all major parties by prior arrangement.

Sheriffs, on the contrary, are directly answerable to the people in the communities they serve.

There isn't a law on the books or an action initiated by a police officer than the nations' sheriffs & deputies would not assist in seeing it carried out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Police and the Government or one and the same , it is all about controlling the Sheep they are supposedly serving

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
Police and the Government or one and the same , it is all about controlling the Sheep they are supposedly serving

Yep, that is why any Conservative worth their salt will support police without question.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I support myself and no one else .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good answer. While they may be enforcing the same laws, you rarely see a Sheriff openly campaigning for something the majority of his constituents are against.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that your Sheriffs are pretty much autonomous with regard to Government beaurocracy...in that he or she can kick the traces and go a different way if he or she considers a particular Government action/law un-constitutional?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that your Sheriffs are pretty much autonomous with regard to Government beaurocracy...in that he or she can kick the traces and go a different way if he or she considers a particular Government action/law un-constitutional?

Correct. Police Chiefs, however, do not have such authority granted to them. Most just take it anyway.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sherp, miss your thorizine this morning?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Massachusetts cops are NOT your friends

who knew?

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cops have a real delima. When go out they do know who they will meet. An old law abiding man like me or a group MS 13 members.
One of the wisest men I ever knew ( my dad) told me when I was in high school, a little something I always remember. I told him I was thinking about being a cop, what did he think. He said if you mess with poop you will get some on you. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
well then hb, I suppose that if all the Citizens were disarmed, the police would feel safer. Wait, we have already disarmed most of America, and they STILL don't feel safe. Go figure.

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You'd have to reach a special level of stupid to not see the irony of this post, after reading the OP.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
MA was a hard place to have a handgun back in the early 70s. In order to take my Ruger single-six out of my house I had to have a handgun permit. That had nothing to do with concealed carry, it was just to walk through my front door with it. I was in the Navy stationed in Newport but living in MA. The chief said no unless I belonged to the local good guys gun club and the fees were way beyond the average sailors means. It made no difference to him I was on the ships pistol teem. I bought a home in the next town and that chief had no problem with me having a handgun and leaving the house with it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

They're certainly different than cops in my town.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

You'd have to reach a special level of stupid to not see the irony of this post, after reading the OP.

Travis

Well, yeah.....but in other locals, it often comes into play.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Those particular police chiefs can GFT...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Good answer. While they may be enforcing the same laws, you rarely see a Sheriff openly campaigning for something the majority of his constituents are against.
Exactly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Travis

Police are not significantly different from one town to the next. That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Sherp, miss your thorizine this morning?

Can't say that I am on it and apparently you need your dose upped since you seem to believe that since you are on it that I am as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So you are a POS liberal/libertarian. Did you vote 3rd party or just go ahead and vote Obama?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Exactly.

Yep, they have to talk like they are opposed to firearms safety laws to get elected, but once in office they enforce those laws with gusto and end up having fewer crazy libertarian types to pay lip service to come the next election cycle.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Police are not significantly different from one town to the next. That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

I have been in all fifty states and lived in seven. I can tell you your first statement is wrong.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by shemp
Police are not significantly different from one town to the next.

One of the stupidest statements ever written on the net.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F

I have been in all fifty states and lived in seven. I can tell you your first statement is wrong.

So can I. This whole "people are the same everywhere" line of thinking is a lot of myth and hoooey. Getting together with people in the same business once or twice a year does not make a homogeneous group. Getting together every weekend...more likely. Who do you think your local guys are with weekly?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You 2 can make fun of the statement since that is all you can do. What you can't do is show us many towns that do not send reps to IACP conferences or similar law enforcement get togethers which shows what indicates their views much better than your bogus claims.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So can I. This whole "people are the same everywhere" line of thinking is a lot of myth and hoooey. Getting together with people in the same business once or twice a year does not make a homogeneous group. Getting together every weekend...more likely. Who do you think your local guys are with weekly?

So a carpenter from New York cuts a board looking over their shoulder with a mirro while one from texas cuts the board while facing it? BS. Occupations just aren't that different from one region to the next which is what would be necessary for police in one area to be as different as you all claim.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You 2 can make fun of the statement since that is all you can do. What you can't do is show us many towns that do not send reps to IACP conferences or similar law enforcement get togethers which shows what indicates their views much better than your bogus claims.

What you don't get, is that your point is meaningless. You think that participation in an occasional meeting by an industry group amounts to universal groupthink. If they spent a lot of time together at frequent intervals, that might be the case - but once or twice a year does not make a mindset.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
BTDT, sort of.

A few years ago when Iowa went from each of the 99 sheriffs having absolute discretion as to who got a CW permit, to shall issue, the chiefs and sheriffs associations screamed bloody murder that their investigations would be compromised, they'd be forced to issue permits to dangerous persons, and the streets would run red. Yadda, yadda, and of course it didn't happen. Then and now, AFAIK, you also had to get a permit from the sheriff to even purchase a handgun.

I had face to face conversations with both the local sheriff and police chief, who are highly regarded in the community and, believe me, I wouldn't want either to have any significant say as to whether a person should have a gun. Very parochial, tunnel vision, and all about the interests of LE, officer safety, little regard for citizens' rights.

The chief looked me right in the eye and told me that, as a result of the revised CW law, he was certain his officers would have to shoot somebody.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So a carpenter from New York cuts a board looking over their shoulder with a mirro while one from texas cuts the board while facing it? BS. Occupations just aren't that different from one region to the next which is what would be necessary for police in one area to be as different as you all claim.

Techniques and hardware are shared, but mindset varies by locality. A carpenter from New York may be more inclined to charge you double for the shoddy work than a carpenter from Texas. And a carpenter in New York has different codes to comply with than a carpenter from Texas.

You must live in a small world to believe that people are the same just because their job looks the same to you from t he outside.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The police in Boston, NYC, Chitago, and such are a world apart from where I live. Trust me, I have been to all those places.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Travis

Spoken like someone that has never travelled extensively in NJ,NY and MASS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The police in Boston, NYC, Chitago, and such are a world apart from where I live. Trust me, I have been to all those places.

Yeah - our cops don't even have the hardware those guys do - and don't feel the need for it.

Sherps "all the same" comment is indeed the most ignorant thing I have read in a while.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Get that dick out of your mouth you fuggin' homo.

Travis

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sherps "all the same" comment is indeed the most ignorant thing I have read in a while.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why of course the CT. cops are the CT citizens friend.
Why do you think there have been no firearm related killings in CT. for years and years.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What you don't get, is that your point is meaningless. You think that participation in an occasional meeting by an industry group amounts to universal groupthink. If they spent a lot of time together at frequent intervals, that might be the case - but once or twice a year does not make a mindset.

Once again, tell us the tale of the New York carpenter who works over his shoulder via a mirror while a Texas carpenter does not. How things are done just does not vary that much region to region/

Considering they go there for training and the fact they receive federal money that goes double on doing the same things the same way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Techniques and hardware are shared, but mindset varies by locality. A carpenter from New York may be more inclined to charge you double for the shoddy work than a carpenter from Texas. And a carpenter in New York has different codes to comply with than a carpenter from Texas.

You must live in a small world to believe that people are the same just because their job looks the same to you from t he outside.

No difference in quality and we see people like you representing every state in the country on yourube with yuor whiney ass police are abusing civilians videos.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

And once again tell us which states we have not seen making the youtube news with the whiney ass crying of people like you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Once again, tell us the tale of the New York carpenter who works over his shoulder via a mirror while a Texas carpenter does not. How things are done just does not vary that much region to region/

Considering they go there for training and the fact they receive federal money that goes double on doing the same things the same way.

That makes two ignorant statements. Things are indeed done differently from region to region. Evenin the same state, carpenters do things differently from region to region. You mirror example is absurd. There are plenty of other differences.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE

And once again tell us which states we have not seen making the youtube news with the whiney ass crying of people like you?

The difference is that in some states such incidents are news and in others they are business as usual. You don't get that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

Donuts have a universal attraction you fu(king wierdo and the expenses incurred traveling back forth to the "training events" are passed on to the taxpaypers the next fiscal year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Travis

Why are you badmouthing me since your state has the kind of police I support(and other conservatives do as well) while you are ashamed of them and claim they are not there at all?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

Donuts have a universal attraction you fu(king wierdo and the expenses incurred traveling back forth to the "training events" are passed on to the taxpaypers the next fiscal year.

And the what they learned gets doled out to taxpayers the next year too. Win win.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

The difference is that in some states such incidents are news and in others they are business as usual. You don't get that?

Everyt state's officers are represented on youtube.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That makes two ignorant statements. Things are indeed done differently from region to region. Evenin the same state, carpenters do things differently from region to region. You mirror example is absurd. There are plenty of other differences.

There are not the night and day differences you are insinuating.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

To the best of my knowledge, nothing happens in South Dakota.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
One less I have to read.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would you all stop quoting the trolling retard? DFTFT.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Why are you badmouthing me since your state has the kind of police I support(and other conservatives do as well) while you are ashamed of them and claim they are not there at all?

I bad mouth all idiots.

Don't take it personal.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Travis

[Linked Image]

What is it with you people who think your argument is validated by linking to websites with agenda-driven stats? Lies, damned lies, and statistics......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

To the best of my knowledge, nothing happens in South Dakota.

You need to get more involved because it appears many officers in SD have gotten the shaft:
http://archive.argusleader.com/inte...ertified-officers-South-Dakota-2003-2013

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mannlicher,

It ain't cops who make laws. Politicians make 'em. It ain't cops who make regulations. It's bureaucrats who make 'em. Cops are required to enforce laws and abide by regulations. Blame ain't with cops. It's with politicians & bureaucrats.

Instead of sidetracking, it might be a better idea were Americans to demand that the Second Amendment as authored by James Madison and explicated by him in The Federalist No. 46 be strictly adhered. Madison didn't put anything in the Second Amendment about background checks, permits, or proving one is not a felon before Americans can exercise their Second Amendment Right to keep and bear firearms.

My suggestion is to pigeonhole political candidates in to a position of voiding every firearm law and thereby making the Second Amendment controlling before voting for them. I am good with keeping firearms out of the hands of violent felons. I do not think that a guy who was convicted of felony tax evasion should not be allowed to shoot clay pigeons, especially when many prosecutions are politically motivated.

Back door gun control is more dangerous than the overt variety. Bill Clinton, the liberal dirtbag that he is, tried to have misdemeanor drunk driving classified as a violent crime. I instinctively knew where he was going with his scheme. His intent was to prevent those convicted of misdemeanor drunk driving from owning a gun. Good thing that many politicians have been arrested for misdemeanor drunk driving lest he would have been able to deny a guy who 30 years ago was busted for misdemeanor drunk driving while driving home from a fraternity party from owning a gun.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Travis

[Linked Image]

What is it with you people who think your argument is validated by linking to websites with agenda-driven stats? Lies, damned lies, and statistics...... [/quote]

What do you think is not correct on that other than they are paining the officers involved as being bad while you and I support officers who are active.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SansSouci
Mannlicher,

It ain't cops who make laws. Politicians make 'em. It ain't cops who make regulations. It's bureaucrats who make 'em. Cops are required to enforce laws and abide by regulations. Blame ain't with cops. It's with politicians & bureaucrats.

Instead of sidetracking, it might be a better idea were Americans to demand that the Second Amendment as authored by James Madison and explicated by him in The Federalist No. 46 be strictly adhered. Madison didn't put anything in the Second Amendment about background checks, permits, or proving one is not a felon before Americans can exercise their Second Amendment Right to keep and bear firearms.

My suggestion is to pigeonhole political candidates in to a position of voiding every firearm law and thereby making the Second Amendment controlling before voting for them. I am good with keeping firearms out of the hands of violent felons. I do not think that a guy who was convicted of felony tax evasion should not be allowed to shoot clay pigeons, especially when many prosecutions are politically motivated.

Back door gun control is more dangerous than the overt variety. Bill Clinton, the liberal dirtbag that he is, tried to have misdemeanor drunk driving classified as a violent crime. I instinctively knew where he was going with his scheme. His intent was to prevent those convicted of misdemeanor drunk driving from owning a gun. Good thing that many politicians have been arrested for misdemeanor drunk driving lest he would have been able to deny a guy who 30 years ago was busted for misdemeanor drunk driving while driving home from a fraternity party from owning a gun.

Police do support those laws and ask for exemptions from them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
sherp,

Of the thousands of cops I've known in my life, maybe a small handful were liberals.

I know of no cop who'd support disarming Americans. That's why were Americans to be disarmed, it'll be the military that does it.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Travis

[Linked Image]

What is it with you people who think your argument is validated by linking to websites with agenda-driven stats? Lies, damned lies, and statistics......

What do you think is not correct on that other than they are paining the officers involved as being bad while you and I support officers who are active. [/quote]

Sorry dude. I am not going to take the time for that challenge. I only point out that the data is suspect because of the source. You posted it as if it has assumed authority, and I question it because of it's obvious bias and because bare statistics are never to be trusted. That is all.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 4ager
Would you all stop quoting the trolling retard? DFTFT.

I put him on ignore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If only others would ignore the POS.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
if the people dont watch and vote for what they need/want then piss on them.its like these killer kids,pay attention to whats under your nose and around you.people keep getting complacent and figures the local/state/fed government knows what they need,go ahead and let them cut their own throats

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Mannlicher,

"I was only following orders" didn't work at Nuremberg, Raisuli.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mannlicher,

Especially when, in this instance, it's the cops advocating for the unconstitutional law to strip away 2A rights.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I am going to have to say I was wrong in the opening post here. I made reference to police chiefs being much the same as Mass. Another example of 'open mouth, insert foot', so to speak
The National Association of Chiefs of Police official web site should be indicative of how Police Chiefs feel across the country, and according to them:
FIREARMS
14. Should any vetted citizen be able to purchase a firearm for sport or self-defense? .....................................................Yes 86.8% No 11.1% N/A 2.1%
15. Would national recognition of state-issued concealed weapons permits facilitate the violent crime fighting
efforts of the professional law enforcement community? ...................................................................................................Yes 63.1% No 31.8% N/A 5.1%
16. Can qualified, law-abiding armed citizens help law enforcement reduce violent criminal activity? .......................... Yes 72.7% No 23.6% N/A 3.7%
17. Does your department use reality based/active shooter training? ..................................................................................Yes 78.1% No 21.1% N/A .8%
18. Does your department sell confiscated firearms to help meet budget needs or cover budget shortfalls? ...................Yes 19% No 79.6% N/A 1.5%

Should have done my research up front. This is from their 25th annual national survey.
http://www.nacoponline.org/25th.pdf

Sam......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
sherp=[bleep]

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sam, I think the NACOP gets confused with the IACPa lot of the time. Slightly different agendas and different membership demographics.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I bad mouth all idiots.

Don't take it personal.

Travis

Except I am not an idiot. Based on that fact, the map, your locale, and your claims about your area, you are a liar

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sam, I think the NACOP gets confused with the IACPa lot of the time. Slightly different agendas and different membership demographics.

http://www.mwcog.org/uploads/committee-documents/b11bV19e20130528130749.pdf

"International Association of Chiefs of Police
Position Paper on Firearm Violence"

Now, find us a NACP member that tells and IACP member to screw off when they need help with anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Now, find us a NACP member that tells and IACP member to screw off when they need help with anything.

That should be easy - since IACP membership includes police from outside the US, who are obviously not interested in any of our constitutional concepts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sherp,

Of the thousands of cops I've known in my life, maybe a small handful were liberals.

I know of no cop who'd support disarming Americans. That's why were Americans to be disarmed, it'll be the military that does it.

I never said police were liberals. Ronald Reagan was not a liberal, but he supported banning the carry of firearms by civilians when he signed the Mulford Act in to law, when he signed the 1986 machine gun ban in to law, and when the supported Brady and the 1994 assault weapon law. Conservatives routinely support firearms safety laws so why don't you get your claims in order.

I am sure the military would be involved, but just like during Katrina, the police would be there helping out.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mannlicher,

TRH,

It is spurious to compare USA cops with Nazi Brown Shirts.

Cops are not obligated to follow an illegal order. In fact, a cop who commits a crime by following an illegal order cannot use following illegal orders a defense to his alleged crime.

If an order is legal, then the problem lies with politicians who created stupid laws or bureaucrats to created illegal regulations. In fact, administrative regulations, which have force of law, should be illegal.

Ya gotta know where blame lies, and it ain't with a cop doing his lawful duty.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry dude. I am not going to take the time for that challenge. I only point out that the data is suspect because of the source. You posted it as if it has assumed authority, and I question it because of it's obvious bias and because bare statistics are never to be trusted. That is all.

Why do you not support the police mentioned on that site? You would support an officer shown on video to be doing things that would put them on their tally sheet wouldn't you?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
sherp,

I never said police were liberals. Ronald Reagan was not a liberal, but he supported banning the carry of firearms by civilians when he signed the Mulford Act in to law, when he signed the 1986 machine gun ban in to law, and when the supported Brady and the 1994 assault weapon law. Conservatives routinely support firearms safety laws so why don't you get your claims in order.

There is nothing more deceptive than Ronald Reagan signing the Mumfort Act. At the time, Black Panthers were exploiting law to carry guns to intimidate and murder. The Black Panthers were very bit as bad if not worse than the KKK. Ronald Reagan's intent was to give cops a tool to arrest Black Panthers. BTW, I don't agree with the law, not do I agree with any gun control law except those affecting violent felons.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So you are a POS liberal/libertarian. Did you vote 3rd party or just go ahead and vote Obama?

When i vote this year , I'm going to vote for the best man for the job, I'm going to write myself in on the ticket.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That should be easy - since IACP membership includes police from outside the US, who are obviously not interested in any of our constitutional concepts.

The IACP president is a Texan. Their position on firearms has not changed, nor has it turned off US police.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am going to have to say I was wrong in the opening post here. I made reference to police chiefs being much the same as Mass. Another example of 'open mouth, insert foot', so to speak
The National Association of Chiefs of Police official web site should be indicative of how Police Chiefs feel across the country, and according to them:
FIREARMS
14. Should any vetted citizen be able to purchase a firearm for sport or self-defense? .....................................................Yes 86.8% No 11.1% N/A 2.1%
15. Would national recognition of state-issued concealed weapons permits facilitate the violent crime fighting
efforts of the professional law enforcement community? ...................................................................................................Yes 63.1% No 31.8% N/A 5.1%
16. Can qualified, law-abiding armed citizens help law enforcement reduce violent criminal activity? .......................... Yes 72.7% No 23.6% N/A 3.7%
17. Does your department use reality based/active shooter training? ..................................................................................Yes 78.1% No 21.1% N/A .8%
18. Does your department sell confiscated firearms to help meet budget needs or cover budget shortfalls? ...................Yes 19% No 79.6% N/A 1.5%

Should have done my research up front. This is from their 25th annual national survey.

While NACoP's positions appear better than the larger and older IAoCoP I still see many qualifiers of who they deem to allow arms: vetted, permit, qualified, and state-issued

I thinks that translated into Constitutionalese the Chiefs' qualifiers are what is called infringements. Even this 'RKBA friendly' police organization is an advocate for 'shall be infringed' rather than 'shall not be infringed.'

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

When i vote this year , I'm going to vote for the best man for the job, I'm going to write myself in on the ticket.

So you will vote in such a way as to support the democrat since you are not voting for the most electable republican.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
at the moment there are no electable Republicans

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sherp,

There is nothing more deceptive than Ronald Reagan signing the Mumfort Act. At the time, Black Panthers were exploiting law to carry guns to intimidate and murder. The Black Panthers were very bit as bad if not worse than the KKK. Ronald Reagan's intent was to give cops a tool to arrest Black Panthers. BTW, I don't agree with the law, not do I agree with any gun control law except those affecting violent felons.

It is Mulford, not Mumfort. If you can't get that right....

So why did Reagan, not go after the Black Panthers for terroristic threatening and murder? Are you trying to claim those acts were legal so they had to ban carry so they would have a reason to arrest those committing murder and making threats? The reason why was he wanted a prohibition on firearms for all civilians. A focus he never changed during his lifetime as you pointed out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

They stand the best chance as you know and if you do not vote for them you vote for the democrat. How do you like your man Obama?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Why do you not support the police mentioned on that site? You would support an officer shown on video to be doing things that would put them on their tally sheet wouldn't you?

I'm not sure what your actual question is there, Sherp. I do not trust any statistics from any website that is agenda-driven, and neither should you. Statistics are meaningless without context. Those of you who back your arguments by offering such stand-alone statistics are using a weak tactic that usually does not stand up to scrutiny. It is a common logical fallacy that we all see in use on these forums quite often. I am only pointing out that this fallacy doesn't bolster your argument like you think it does. I am not claiming here that the data is wrong or that your conclusion from such is wrong (although I suspect so), but that your argument is relying on a fallacy. Don't worry about it. You're in good company.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The IACP president is a Texan. Their position on firearms has not changed, nor has it turned off US police.

It wold be interesting to see who and where all the members are, but that does not seem to be available.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm not sure what your actual question is there, Sherp. I do not trust any statistics from any website that is agenda-driven, and neither should you. Statistics are meaningless without context. Those of you who back your arguments by offering such stand-alone statistics are using a weak tactic that usually does not stand up to scrutiny. It is a common logical fallacy that we all see in use on these forums quite often. I am only pointing out that this fallacy doesn't bolster your argument like you think it does. I am not claiming here that the data is wrong or that your conclusion from such is wrong (although I suspect so), but that your argument is relying on a fallacy. Don't worry about it. You're in good company.....

What political office do you hold since you simultaneously call the information a fallacy while you aren't saying it is wrong? You got backed in to a corner and you started the Clinton double speak I see.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rovering
FIREARMS

While NACoP's positions appear better than the larger and older IAoCoP I still see many qualifiers of who they deem to allow arms: vetted, permit, qualified, and state-issued

I thinks that translated into Constitutionalese the Chiefs' qualifiers are what is called infringements. Even this 'RKBA friendly' police organization is an advocate for 'shall be infringed' rather than 'shall not be infringed.'

What you and Sherp seem to be overlooking is that both these organizations purport to be "chiefs of police". Appointed bureaucrats. Much like the management team in my line of work, they do not think like the rank and file.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What political office do you hold since you simultaneously call the information a fallacy while you aren't saying it is wrong? You got backed in to a corner and you started the Clinton double speak I see.

Do you not understand the difference between a logical fallacy and "wrong"? You need some remedial education. Get out your google-fu and get to work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It wold be interesting to see who and where all the members are, but that does not seem to be available.

HQ is in Virginia

Unless I missed any, there have been 2 non-USA presidents(Canadians) of the IACP since 1893:

http://www.theiacp.org/IACP-Past-Presidents

Current board is almost entirely USA except for "International Vice President Chief Superintendent Barbara Fleury" from Canada.

http://www.theiacp.org/Governing-Body

Executive Staff is all USA:

http://www.theiacp.org/Executive-Staff

Looks to be mostly USA cops with the International part just tossed in as a token.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Ya gotta know where blame lies, and it ain't with a cop doing his lawful duty.
I blame both those who issue tyrannical orders and those who follow them. Remember, the Redcoats were merely carrying out their lawful duties when they set out to confiscate the colonist's guns and powder at Lexington and Concord.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
"cops are NOT your friends"

But, but, but, but...

[Linked Image]

that is not what my Department of Justice produced and local police distributed coloring book says.

[Linked Image]

My coloring book says that cops are my heroes.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

HQ is in Virginia

Unless I missed any, there have been 2 non-USA presidents(Canadians) of the IACP since 1893:

Current board is almost entirely USA except for "International Vice President Chief Superintendent Barbara Fleury" from Canada.

Looks to be mostly USA cops with the International part just tossed in as a token.

You do not understand that "members" means everyone - not just the officers? Or are you just being obtuse?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Do you not understand the difference between a logical fallacy and "wrong"? You need some remedial education. Get out your google-fu and get to work.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fallacy

fal�la�cy
noun \fa-lə-sē\
: the quality of being false or wrong

So what is your next bullshit move? Will you admit you made a:
mis�take verb \mə-stāk\ : to understand (something or someone) incorrectly : to make a wrong

or will you just flat out lie your teeth out now if you weren't already?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

HQ is in Virginia

You do not understand that "members" means everyone - not just the officers? Or are you just being obtuse?

It was founded by USA police and it is, and always has been, composed mainly by, of, and for USA police.

Looks like you just answered the question I posed in the last post too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

fal�la�cy
noun \fa-lə-sē\

mis�take verb \mə-stāk\ : to understand (something or someone) incorrectly : to make a wrong

that was about the weakest, lamest, attempt at google-fu I have ever seen.

Let me help you out....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/rhetological-fallacies/

There will be a test in the morning....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

HQ is in Virginia

It was founded by USA police and it is, and always has been, composed mainly by, of, and for USA police.

Looks like you just answered the question I posed in the last post too.

Show me who the members are now. I'm dying to know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

fal�la�cy
noun \fa-lə-sē\

that was about the weakest, lamest, attempt at google-fu I have ever seen.

Let me help you out....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/rhetological-fallacies/

There will be a test in the morning....

Oh yeah, use Wikipedia where any idiot can modify it at will. Hell with Merriam Websters as a resource. They have only been cranking out dictionaries for close to 2 centures now so we really should use you and your agenda as a resource on the English language instead.

Last edited by sherp; 07/24/14.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
FreeMe,

Ask him if he's a Green Beret.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Show me who the members are now. I'm dying to know.

Show us a complete member list of The National Association of Chiefs of Police since you support their views on limiting who may own firearms.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FreeMe,

Ask him if he's a Green Beret.

Travis

I am not. Are you still a member of the Log Cabin Republicans?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oh yeah, use Wikipedia where any idiot can modify it at will. Hell with Merriam Websters as a resource. They have only been cranking out dictionaries for close to 2 centures now so we really should use you and your agenda as a resource on the English language instead.

Didn't bother to look at it, did ya? I gave you two references, of which one was wiki - and the info there was likely cut & paste from another source. It's pretty commonly available all over the place if you look with intent to learn. But you instead just resort to another logical fallacy to bolster your argument.....and your subsequent posts do the same.

I lied about the test. The test is already in progress. Lots of time for you to score 100% before morning. Gotta go. See ya.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
You should see a page with sherp and sookie having an arguement. It's as close to a blank page as you can get.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
link to story

I haven't read this entire thread.

I just want to say this , The state of North Carolina has for years (since 1919) had a law that you have to ask permission of the head law enforcement officer of your county (county sheriff) to buy a handgun (Pistol Purchase Permit)

This is nothing but a Jim Crow era law.

In 2013 the PPP law was up for REPEAL.

The repeal of the NC PPP law failed at least in part because it was opposed by a small handful of very influential REPUBLICAN sheriffs.

Those sheriffs that opposed the repeal did not do so because of any concerns for "public safety" , but because THEY DID NOT WANT TO RELINQUISH THAT POWER over their constituents.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hate to break it to you, but location, department, and second amendment aside.... none of all that matters! No cop is your friend period!

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Didn't bother to look at it, did ya? I gave you two references, of which one was wiki - and the info there was likely cut & paste from another source. It's pretty commonly available all over the place if you look with intent to learn. But you instead just resort to another logical fallacy to bolster your argument.....and your subsequent posts do the same.

I lied about the test. The test is already in progress. Lots of time for you to score 100% before morning. Gotta go. See ya.

We already determined you were lying. When you berate someone and tell them to look up a definition and then claim Webster's isn't good enough, do we really need to know anything else about how you like to carry on conversations and debates?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 6mm250
link to story

I just want to say this , The state of North Carolina has for years (since 1919) had a law that you have to ask permission of the head law enforcement officer of your county (county sheriff) to buy a handgun (Pistol Purchase Permit)

The repeal of the NC PPP law failed at least in part because it was opposed by a small handful of very influential REPUBLICAN sheriffs.

Those sheriffs that opposed the repeal did not do so because of any concerns for "public safety" , but because THEY DID NOT WANT TO RELINQUISH THAT POWER over their constituents.

Mike

Nothing wrong with that and since Republicans were pushing it Conservatives can support it.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

or rather, no Republicans I would want to vote for, as all the prominent ones are RINOS.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Mass cops showed what they were all about during the marathon bombing,

They sure the hell did! They thought they were real badasses didn't they.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Hate to break it to you, but location, department, and second amendment aside.... none of all that matters! No cop is your friend period!

Phil

I am a cop. I have plenty of friends, many I've met at CF gatherings. I would say your premise is false.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by NH K9

Phil

I am a cop. I have plenty of friends, many I've met at CF gatherings. I would say your premise is false.

George

I would say the premise is false too. Im one of the folks George mentioned...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

or rather, no Republicans I would want to vote for, as all the prominent ones are RINOS.

The only RINO in recent memory was Ron Paul and he was not electable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Phil

George

A bit different when they are buying you dinner or something, but as T. Lee posted an article in another thread the average civilian is a terrorist or gang member in tehe eyes of police officers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Mass cops showed what they were all about during the marathon bombing,

They sure the hell did! They thought they were real badasses didn't they.

Yes they did, they had all those civilians cowering in their homes.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
C'mon......at least come out of your schtick long enough to schit on Romney. Nobody, even in character, can defend R(in)Omney.....

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
link to story

Mike

Missouri had a similar law in place until a few years ago.

Sheriffs did not want the law to go away either. It had nothing to do with power though. Each permit cost $10 and was only good for 30 days. They made piles of money.

Dink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DINK

Mike

Sheriffs did not want the law to go away either. It had nothing to do with power though. Each permit cost $10 and was only good for 30 days. They made piles of money.

Dink

Money is power.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C'mon......at least come out of your schtick long enough to schit on Romney. Nobody, even in character, can defend R(in)Omney.....

I have defended Romney numerous times. Why did you not vote for him?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Our position is really very, very simple. We do not trust you to be responsible enough to have firearms. We therefore ignore the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Phil

Maybe not where you live but that sure is not true in my part of the world.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Phil

George
George, you may have misunderstood him. I don't think he meant that one couldn't have friends who were cops. He meant that cops, in their capacity as cops, are not your friends if you're not yourself a cop also, or his superior in some sense.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DINK

Mike

Dink
That's how it works in New York, too.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you guys want a real chuckle, ask sherp about rifles, handguns, or anything relating to the outdoors.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you guys want a real chuckle, ask sherp about rifles, handguns, or anything relating to the outdoors.

Travis

What would you like to know?

Since the questions you are asking do not pertain to the first post in this thread in any way, why are you trying to obfuscate for the police of Massachusetts? Why are you not proud of the job they are doing and why do you want to lead the focus of the thread away from them?

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Travis

[Linked Image]

One officer out of every 116.4 is involved in police misconduct according to the graph you posted. That's less than 1%. I wonder how that compares to other professions?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP

[Linked Image]

One officer out of every 116.4 is involved in police misconduct according to the graph you posted. That's less than 1%. I wonder how that compares to other professions?

Not sure, but you and I call that "misconduct" pro-active police work. I guarantee you that other occupations lack the camaraderie police have so if they were to do something that bunch calls "misconduct" that their co-workers would not assist them like police do their co-workers.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Phil

George

A bit different when they are buying you dinner or something, but as T. Lee posted an article in another thread the average civilian is a terrorist or gang member in tehe eyes of police officers.

Your momma fed you paint chips didn't she?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Your momma fed you paint chips didn't she?

Nope. Why are you badmouthing me for siding with police? I simply noticed how the officer in the article stated their views.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Mass cops showed what they were all about during the marathon bombing, they showed sheer imcompetence, if it were not for a neighbor tipping them off they still would not have found the lone bomber.

And if it wasn't for the neighbor's liberal wife making him smoke on the back porch the lone bomber would have bled out inside the boat where he was hiding. That would have saved the dwindling working population of Massachusetts another high priced show.

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP

[Linked Image]

Not sure, but you and I call that "misconduct" pro-active police work. I guarantee you that other occupations lack the camaraderie police have so if they were to do something that bunch calls "misconduct" that their co-workers would not assist them like police do their co-workers.

I don't know about that most professions seem reluctant to point out their colleagues errors. Its just about impossible to get a doctor, priest, lawyer, whatever to say one of their own messed up.

I wonder why police misconduct is always big news?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's hard to tell the difference between Assachusetts cops and most east-coast cops from the East German Stasi.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

Since the questions you are asking do not pertain to the first post in this thread in any way, why are you trying to obfuscate for the police of Massachusetts? Why are you not proud of the job they are doing and why do you want to lead the focus of the thread away from them?

Don't get all misty eyed, sweetheart.

But seriously, type something about firearms or the outdoors so I can have a good chuckle.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by stevelyn
It's hard to tell the difference between Assachusetts cops and most east-coast cops from the East German Stasi.

It's hard to tell most east coast American citizens from the euro-trash that watched the Turd Reich rise to power.

Travis

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

And your experience with NH cops is........? It gets difficult to take some folks seriously anymore.

'Flave, there are still some "holdouts" in the east.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And your experience with NH cops is........? It gets difficult to take some folks seriously anymore.

NH K9, I don't consider your state, VT or the northern half of ME to be part of the communist occupied northeast.

I apologize for not pointing that out, but I have clarified this with you before.0

Beside, isn't Mas Ayoob your NH police ambassador to the rest of the US? grin

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep, New Hampshire is quite a libertarian bastion.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I was referencing populations as a whole.

I have no doubt there are great Americans on the east and west coast. But they are few and far between. And even those that lean right (in my experience) don't truly lean right.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by LBP

[Linked Image]

I don't know about that most professions seem reluctant to point out their colleagues errors. Its just about impossible to get a doctor, priest, lawyer, whatever to say one of their own messed up.

I wonder why police misconduct is always big news?

I also like to call it a mistake or an error when an officer commits what would be theft/rape/arson and so on if it were a civilian doing it. Glad to see we are the same on this one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Travis

Don't get all misty eyed, sweetheart.

But seriously, type something about firearms or the outdoors so I can have a good chuckle.

Travis

No misty eyeed, and just a regular republican, not a og cabin type like you are so really not in to other males calling me "sweetheart".

You popped it off so ask away.

Try saying something that isn't a lie so we can all be amazed while you are at it also.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Kinda like clergy, teachers, foster home administrators, etc, I guess.

I thought police were civilians, I didn't know they were subject to the UCMJ.

I'm still wondering why police misconduct is big news?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously.. Who here hasn't figured out that sherp is Take a pee?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP

The only other occupational group that displays the aid to co-workers that police do are Catholic clergy when someone pipes up claiming to have been abused and I think that after all the negative press they were getting on that they may have stopped. Pretty sure every group that commits rape, gets labeled as a rapist in the press, not as someone who made an error. I am like you with police who commit "rape" and I just call it an error, blame it on the victim, or claim it was because the officer was not getting paid enough.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm terrible at math but my Google'fu is strong. Based on Sherps graph 1 in 116.4 officers are involved in police misconduct that's something like 0.8591065292096219% according to percent calculator.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

I am on here under 1 name and 1 name only. I am annoyed by people who make bogus mental deficient claims against people in an effort to defame then in a debate so I do not engage in that ignorant behavior at all.

Your fixation with take a knee and me is making your loco name seem very, very real. Are you horsing around or do you really have problems?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
I'm terrible at math but my Google'fu is strong. Based on Sherps graph 1 in 116.4 officers are involved in police misconduct that's something like 0.8591065292096219% according to percent calculator.

Yep, and those are all bogus claims.

Fortunately only 1 in 3 get convicted for it and less than that get arrested prior to the cell phone or security cam footage getting plastered all over the net.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP

The only other occupational group that displays the aid to co-workers that police do are Catholic clergy when someone pipes up claiming to have been abused and I think that after all the negative press they were getting on that they may have stopped. Pretty sure every group that commits rape, gets labeled as a rapist in the press, not as someone who made an error. I am like you with police who commit "rape" and I just call it an error, blame it on the victim, or claim it was because the officer was not getting paid enough.

I don't know my buddy's wife who was a nurse finally got fired from the hospital for stealing drugs (3rd time). They sent her to this and that group for help to try and save her career before the third theft finally got her job. At least they didn't press charges against her for stealing narcotics.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP

Yep, and those are all bogus claims.

Fortunately only 1 in 3 get convicted for it and less than that get arrested prior to the cell phone or security cam footage getting plastered all over the net.

I wonder what percent of criminals regardless of occupation get convicted of crimes?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by LBP

I don't know my buddy's wife who was a nurse finally got fired from the hospital for stealing drugs (3rd time). They sent her to this and that group for help to try and save her career before the third theft finally got her job. At least they didn't press charges against her for stealing narcotics.

So the hospital employees weren't actually assisting her(ie, loading them in the trunk of her car, getting her a cart to roll them down the hall) in stealing the drugs? Big difference in that versus how police/Catholic clergy will assist each other.

Father Jim is accused of rape and gets transferred to another state or country to avoid the hassle.

Officer is forced to kill ex'lover's spouse, fellow officers don't even interview the officer and instead claim thieves stole only a wedding license in addition to knocking off the spouse.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I see sherp is still doing her best not to cry.

Best call Uterus to the rescue.

Too fuggin' funny.

Travis

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by LBP

So the hospital employees weren't actually assisting her(ie, loading them in the trunk of her car, getting her a cart to roll them down the hall) in stealing the drugs? Big difference in that versus how police/Catholic clergy will assist each other.

Father Jim is accused of rape and gets transferred to another state or country to avoid the hassle.

Officer is forced to kill ex'lover's spouse, fellow officers don't even interview the officer and instead claim thieves stole only a wedding license in addition to knocking off the spouse.

No I guess they didn't load up the cart with drugs for her, they just let her continue to work and assist treating patients after the first two thefts. But I guess that's different somehow.

Last edited by LBP; 07/24/14.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
massholes......................................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Very true, Hawk.

Actually, to my knowledge, Chief's are not "political appointee's". He might be confusing Chief's with Director's of Police/Public Safety.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Sherp,

I know you are a pro police guy so maybe you could answer a question for me. What percent of criminals regardless of occupation get convicted of crimes?

Thanks, LBP

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Travis

Well, all I know is that Mass Troopers have no sense of humor. lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP
Sherp,

I know you are a pro police guy so maybe you could answer a question for me. What percent of criminals regardless of occupation get convicted of crimes?

Thanks, LBP

Well, 100%. grin

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by LBP
Sherp,

Thanks, LBP

Well, 100%. grin

Good point,

Ok what percent of accused persons regardless of occupation get convicted of their crime?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Baaa....click

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly, I don't know. There are real variables there that are just facts such as if you are a poor inner city minority who will get a court appointed Public Defender, your conviction rate will be far greater than say some fat cat with unlimited legal funds.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Travis

Not true. A friend is a MA Trooper, and while engaged in a foot chase with a known felon some years ago, decided to abruptly suspend his pursuit. Just long enough to put a round of .40 through the felon's back. Proof positive that some have a *great* sense of humor... wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP

Officer is forced to kill ex'lover's spouse, fellow officers don't even interview the officer and instead claim thieves stole only a wedding license in addition to knocking off the spouse. [/quote]

No I guess they didn't load up the cart with drugs for her, they just let her continue to work and assist treating patients after the first two thefts. But I guess that's different somehow. [/quote]

Police actively assist each other no matter what is going on. Quite a difference.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Sherp,

Thanks, LBP

Not sure, but would guess it is normally very high when there is video of the event occurring. Police usually toss that aside in the investigation or prosecutors decline to pursue it when police are involved which is why so many local incidents involving police end up in federal court versus a civilian would be happily charged by the state the incident occurred in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Not true. A friend is a MA Trooper, and while engaged in a foot chase with a known felon some years ago, decided to abruptly suspend his pursuit. Just long enough to put a round of .40 through the felon's back. Proof positive that some have a *great* sense of humor... wink

Even when retired Mass. Troopers show how great they are:
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=8860

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Very true, Hawk.

Actually, to my knowledge, Chief's are not "political appointee's". He might be confusing Chief's with Director's of Police/Public Safety.

around here, the chief of police job is always an appointment. None are elected

Last edited by Mannlicher; 07/25/14.

Sam......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
While in college, my neighbor when I lived in Foxboro was a Mass State Trooper...Bill was one hell of a wonderful human being...

8 years in the Marine Corp after high school, two tours of Vietnam, came home at 26, and transferred to the Marine Reserves, and became a Mass Statie...

one of the finest people I've ever known...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He should probably read Tennessee vs Garner before he repeats that story...

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We already determined you were lying. When you berate someone and tell them to look up a definition and then claim Webster's isn't good enough, do we really need to know anything else about how you like to carry on conversations and debates?

Who's "we"? You gotta mouse in yer pocket?

Nice Red Herring fallacy you employed there. I didn't tell you to look up the definition of "fallacy".

When you google "logical fallacy", as you would have if you were honestly trying to learn anything - the first hit you get today is this....

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Fail.

Last edited by FreeMe; 07/25/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a gem this is....

I am on here under 1 name and 1 name only. I am annoyed by people who make bogus mental deficient claims against people in an effort to defame then in a debate so I do not engage in that ignorant behavior at all.

Your fixation with take a knee and me is making your loco name seem very, very real. Are you horsing around or do you really have problems?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
ya know guys, it is not often that I regret posting something. This is one of those times.
What was, I thought, a legitimate, interesting observation, has become nothing more than a launch pad for loonies. Chit.

Sam......

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Travis

The dude that was shot had a gun in hand as he fled. After the usual hullabaloo he (the MST) was cleared of any wrongdoing. And everyone lived happily ever after. Well, not everyone, but everyone who mattered...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Who's "we"? You gotta mouse in yer pocket?

Nice Red Herring fallacy you employed there. I didn't tell you to look up the definition of "fallacy".

When you google "logical fallacy", as you would have if you were honestly trying to learn anything - the first hit you get today is this....

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Fail.

I just go to Webster's and use their definition. Been a gold standard for that purpose before the creator of that site was a gleam in their daddy's eye.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a gem this is....

I am able to counter everything he claims without name calling or any other attempts at character assassination. He truly is fixated based on what he is doing. Now, either that is just horsing around (which I enquired about and is something someone bringing up mental state as a bogus argument would never, ever do) or he is a nut job.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Travis

The dude that was shot had a gun in hand as he fled. After the usual hullabaloo he (the MST) was cleared of any wrongdoing. And everyone lived happily ever after. Well, not everyone, but everyone who mattered...

Yep, police should be able to shoot anyone who is armed at anytime and police internal investigations usually back that up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take a pee, this is why nobody believes your green beret bullshit stories..

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I thought he changed the story, isn't he a combat controller now?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many handles does take a pee have now? 5?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You see TAK just about behind every tree now, don't you? You know they have meds for that now, right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see him behind you, too..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You see TAK just about behind every tree now, don't you? You know they have meds for that now, right?

That should be good to get his crazy off the street when he gets in to a dispute with a female 16 year old cashier at a gas station. Just hope they have security cam so we can see him holding the gun om her and repeating "Take a Pee" over and over as part of his demands.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Massachusetts Cops are NOT your friends

Fixed it for you; unfortunately, sad but true & it's where we've evolved to.......obviously a rare exception here or there.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Massachusetts Cops are NOT your friends

Fixed it for you; unfortunately, sad but true & it's where we've evolved to.......obviously a rare exception here or there.

MM

They are friends to each other, but they are here to keep the toes of non-police on the line. Imagine how screwed up everything would be if they treated you like they do fellow officers. That is how it always has been and, with any luck, how it always will be.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 37 invisible), 1,977 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,726
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.