Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
HE112 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I have experience with owning the Springfield XD compact, and 4 Glocks. Have looked at the Smith and Wesson M & P, H and K USP and the FN. For those who have experience with the polymer framed striker type semi-automatics, which has been the overall most accurate?

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
For me Glock. I've owned XD, HK, S&W, and FN. Nothing shot any better than the Glocks and those are the only plastic pistols left.

This was at 15 yards, 45'. I'm not always that good at 15 yards, but this is pretty typical for me at 10 yards.

[Linked Image]

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well the USP and FN aren't striker fired...but of those in the bunch, I've found the USP to be the most accurate regardless of cartridge; they just plain shoot. However, I like the USP the least of the bunch. They're great guns, but they're just far larger than they need to be. For a service pistol, that's no big deal. For a concealed carry pistol, that's a really big deal for me. The USP is just way too wide.

In my hands the S&W and XD both shoot a little straighter than the Glock, but honestly the difference is so small I'd never even bother making that a consideration for acceptance. Between the 3 the difference is probably less than 1" at 25 yards. I can hit targets all the way out to 100 yards + with a Glock, so I'd say it's more than sufficiently accurate.

For daily carry, I'd choose in order of preference:

Glock
XD
FN
M&P
USP

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
HE,

I'd say, it's pretty much a toss-up between for me, the Glock and the Springfield XD-S. The top photo is 15 rounds from a Glock longslide .40 cal at 15 yards slow fire off hand I fired last fall. Someone else's gun.

The bottom photo is 5 rounds from a Bi-Tone XD-S in .45 caliber that I own. Both groups come in at under or right at 2" off hand at 15 yards. Of course the Glock had a 6" barrel and the XD-S has a 3.3 inch barrel. The Glock had a 6" sight radius, the XD had a 3" sight radius...

Most accurate? I'd say the XD-S won't take a back seat to any Glock made, anywhere.

But then, I haven't bought into the Glock Hype.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Just to give you something else to think about... check out the new Walther PPQ M2 5-in. pistol. There's very little to dislike and whole lot to like in this pistol.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I like my Glock. G-19 shoots tight groups.

Always works when you press the trigger.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A Glock .357 SIG is the most accurate polymer pistol I have shot.

But when it comes to owning plastic pistols, I go with the Springfield XD and Kahr in various iterations.

RS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My experience has shown the XD to be very accurate - more so than Glock or M&P. In fact, my XD-9 subcompact shoots better than the others in full-size for me.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My XDs and Kahr CW45 are quite accurate, particularly when you figure the short sight radius. My ex Glock 21 longslide (6 inch barrel) was quite accurate also, but it had an aftermarket barrel (KKM), not to mention almost twice the sight radius of the above two. I find most pistols will shoot to my satisfaction with the right load. 1 1/4" at 15 yards and 2 inches minus at 25 yards and I feel I'm doing good. Also had an M&P 45 and a G23 that I couldn't get to shoot as well as I wanted them to.

jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
XDM45 was the most accurate pistol I ever owned. Still kicking myself for getting rid of it, but for some reason I haven't bought another one.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
my little XDS might not be the MOST accurate, but it darn sure has to be in the running. At 10 yards, it makes little clover leaf groups.

Sam......

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
H&K has a striker fired pistol out, VP9 I believe. Supposed to be the new hotness. As I'm pretty happy with my G17 I'm going to wait and see if the H&K striker .45 is going to be worth an upgrade.

Last edited by Lee_Woiteshek; 07/24/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Springfield XD and then Glock

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the Glock, HK (USP), and XD all in 45 ACP.

The HK is by far the best

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Springfield XDs is scary accurate

With that being said, I love M&Ps and find them to be quite accurate

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I can't tell the difference between any of them.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Off-hand groups at 5-10yds and seat of the pants impressions aren't really going to tell you anything meaningful. What you need is bench testing or a Ransom Rest at 25yds with a variety of loads.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's a 5- Shot 1.5 inch group from my Glock 32 .357sig at 25 yards using a sandbag rest. Shot with Factory Speer Gold Dot 125 gr JHP.
Pretty damn accurate for a plastic POS wink

[Linked Image]

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/24/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by CraigC
Off-hand groups at 5-10yds and seat of the pants impressions aren't really going to tell you anything meaningful. What you need is bench testing or a Ransom Rest at 25yds with a variety of loads.

If a guy and a gun can produce sub 2" groups off hand at 15 yards, it's likely that either or both is capable of even better bench rest groups. So it's a bit over the top to suggest the anecdotal evidence is meaningless. I agree, that a sampling of the top brands of guns and ammo coupled with a ransom rest would be more meaningful. Still, starting in the 80s or thereabout, the vast majority of gun writers quit shooting "defensive" guns at 25 yards, either because they themselves, or the guns weren't up to the challenge. It's about the time when the "defensive accuracy" terminology started getting bandied about. My personal requirement has nothing to do with bench rested groups. If my defensive pistol can't keep every shot in the head of a target at 25 yards, off hand, "IT" isn't up to the challenge.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My XD and Kahr PM9 are extremely accurate when I am doing my job.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,286
Posts18,467,868
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.