Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Just wondering which one the gun writers prefer. The glass bottle that quality bourbon or scotch comes in is just too heavy for my pack.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The flask that's back at camp ... after the firearms have been put away. But a bottle is better.

In over twenty-five years, I have never seen a gun writer drink in the field, nor have any liquor on them. Later, sure, there is lots of that, but not afield. Never

Also, one accident, one game violation, and it is all over for a gun writer. That's just the way it is.

kd

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I do not think you have to be a Gun writer to figure this one out. There are a lot of experts here.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kududude
The flask that's back at camp ... after the firearms have been put away. But a bottle is better.

In over twenty-five years, I have never seen a gun writer drink in the field, nor have any liquor on them. Later, sure, there is lots of that, but not afield. Never

Also, one accident, one game violation, and it is all over for a gun writer. That's just the way it is.

kd

Look up TIC.

Although, sometimes when carrying a pack, camp is wherever I stop for the night. If it's not in my pack, there's no place to get it.

If you hunt out of a motor home, and don't get more than a mile or two away, sure, leave it in camp.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I use a small alcohol fuel bottle. I've been through 3 over the past 35 years. The last one I purchased was stainless, the previous one was Nalgene. The red one carried the scotch. I always had another color for the denatured stove fuel.

No, you don't drink it while hunting, but it does help the Ibuprofen work in the evening.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by shaman
I use a small alcohol fuel bottle. I've been through 3 over the past 35 years. The last one I purchased was stainless, the previous one was Nalgene. The red one carried the scotch. I always had another color for the denatured stove fuel.

No, you don't drink it while hunting, but it does help the Ibuprofen work in the evening.

Scoresby?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

doubletap:

Every metal whiskey flask I've picked up in my hands and examined in the last couple of years has said "Made in China" on it.

Don't know about you, but that's a deal-killer for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by doubletap
Just wondering which one the gun writers prefer. The glass bottle that quality bourbon or scotch comes in is just too heavy for my pack.

Isn't that what the built in "hydration" bladder is for?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by shaman

Scoresby?

Why yes! You remember my favorite. I'm touched. I use either that stuff or my special MoonJuice Cocktail-- Scoresby, Everclear, and a dash of Sherry. A little of that and a little Gatorade powder in the canteen as a chaser, and the aches and pains of the trail melt away.

I was at the dentist this week, getting my teeth cleaned. The lady cleaning my teeth was asking if I used mouthwash.

"Why yes," I said. "Every evening!"

"What do you use?"

"Scoresby." I replied.

"I'm sorry, I don't know that one."

"It's all-natural, so you can swallow it when you're done."

"Really?"

"Yes, it's imported from Scotland." I said. "The neat thing of it is that it's cheaper than Scope or Listerine. I think I get a 1/2 gallon for under $20."

She was mightily impressed.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have a pewter flask that was made in England about 100 years ago.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doubletap, Here is the link to the best you can get, holds enough for the best of drinkers. Your Welcome!

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___73302

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I guess based on the responses I missed the point. My hunting pard grew up in east Texas squirrel hunting; he says they used half pint bottles to carry drinking water. Course that was long before plastic bottles. I grew up in west central Texas, our rule was if you could "track a coon cross it, it was too thick to drink" Amazingly, we were all healthy and rarely were sick with any thing.

Lions is bad. Lions is feerse. Lions ete folks.
Edison Marshall "The Heart of the Hunter"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's awesome.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The top is a shot also. [img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Jagermeister metal flask because they were discounted to $2.00. I carry a flask afield when I backpack hunt. It would be wrong to be in hunting camp without whiskey, if you don't believe me see the problems it caused in "Escanaba in Da Moonlight".

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I've got a nice stainless commie flask with Lenin's ugly ass face on it with a CCCP stamp on it.

Cold War relic/wedding gift.

I drink Schwartzhog and Rye from it to gloat....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I have a Jagermeister metal flask because they were discounted to $2.00. I carry a flask afield when I backpack hunt. It would be wrong to be in hunting camp without whiskey, if you don't believe me see the problems it caused in "Escanaba in Da Moonlight".

Yep. Jeff Daniels' only good role besides Dumb n Dumber...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

406 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 1,909 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,671
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.