Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Quit it! cry

Its been a loooooong time since a 'taste test'�... frown

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Quit it! cry

Its been a loooooong time since a 'taste test'�... frown

I am sorry, I will stop now frown

I am a woman who is very, uhhhhhhhh, well, I like to,
ummmmmmmmmmmm, and well, never mind, sorry....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
There was this one time at band camp with a bottle of Champagne,a tray of ice cubes and�.

Well, you get the picture�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
There was this one time at band camp with a bottle of Champagne,a tray of ice cubes and�.

Well, you get the picture�.

Been there, done that, brought the body chocolate and the red licorice whips cool

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hey !!!! dis izza fambly joint youse two

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
OK, guys the cole slaw thread went over very well with many replies. No picnic is complete without a bowl of 'roni salad in the basket so lets hear whatcha got.

My recipe is certainly not an exact science as it's mainly macaroni, chopped onion, chopped celery,chopped hard boiled eggs and the addition of mayo, sour creme and maybe a splash of creme or milk salted & peppered to taste.

How do you guys make yours ?

pretty much the same except I use the very small ring macaroni instead of elbow macaroni, and I add fresh green peas, a little bit of grated cheese, and leave out the sour cr�me and milk.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suppose using Miracle Whip is out of the question�.

Ok, I won't ram it down your throats like some one who hopefully left did, but I grew up on miracle whip and have tried mayo. Use it for some things but prefer MW. However keep reading that Dukes is the best and if I can ever try it I will.

Confession over.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
The same way I make potato salad (eggs, relish, mayo, etc).
Last batch I made I added a can of tuna and some lemon juice. Tasty! Cris's chicken idea sounds good too. I'll try that next time.

PS,,, my best friend growing ups mom added small shrimp. It was great.

Now That sounds down right good and adding tuna has never crossed my mind. Thanks for the idea.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
macaroni salad is one of those dishes that does not really call for a recipe.
We have become way to 'recipe' dependent. Just put some stuff together, and voila, you have it. Guess it all starts with cooked and drained macaroni though. laugh

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
macaroni salad is one of those dishes that does not really call for a recipe.
We have become way to 'recipe' dependent. Just put some stuff together, and voila, you have it. Guess it all starts with cooked and drained macaroni though. laugh

Just what we do here, each one is similar, but not the same. Sometimes chicken, sometimes tuna, with, without peas. Throw and go.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I take a lb of two of three color pasta, cook it, then cool it off, then I had diced green, yellow and red peppers along with some red onion, black olives toss with my own Italian dressing, that is the base pasta salad, from there I been know to put things like grilled steak chicken or what ever left over fish I may have, everybody that ever had some ate it all and then some! its how I use up left overs, Italian sausage goes well with it, salt and pepper to taste, I use a good bit of fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in mine. No trick to it, I just make it the night before and its always better the next day!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cubes of salami, pepperoni and cheddar cheese with chopped cherry peppers mixed in elbow macaroni dressed with Italian dressing is my favorite. I don't have a specific recipe tho.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
heres one.

cooked elbow mac
mayo
Celery salt
yellow mustard
boiled eggs
finely diced onion
chunks of salami, cheddar and ham

mix well, refrigerate overnight to blend flavors and right before the party, throw it in the garbage cause nobodies gonna eat it anyway.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem141r
heres one.

cooked elbow mac
mayo
Celery salt
yellow mustard
boiled eggs
finely diced onion
chunks of salami, cheddar and ham

mix well, refrigerate overnight to blend flavors and right before the party, throw it in the garbage cause nobodies gonna eat it anyway.

send it here I'll eat it. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to admit that macaroni salad is the only dish that I will use Miracle Whip for...but since I never have it on hand, I use mayo. Macaroni salad ends up being a little sweet, so the sweetness of Miracle Whip is not so bad. I usually use the small "salad macaroni," mayo, sweet relish, black pepper, minced onion and add a little grated carrot for color. Then I lice hard-boiled eggs on top and a few dashes of paprika for still more color. Just like Mom used to make.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

555 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 257 roberts, 62 invisible), 2,175 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,851
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.