Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I just got off the phone with Bill Goodman. He picked up my rifle at Shiloh this afternoon and will ship it out to me tomorrow!

I'm more excited than a five year old on Christmas eve! grin

I'm gonna park my butt in the LGS on the day it is supposed to get there.
I went to Sharpsguy's house a short while back and he assembled some magic ammo for it, so I have something to break it in with.

Man, oh man, this next few days are gonna DRAG by! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tick tock tick tock....

grin

(mine is supposed to ship sometime soon...)

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Give us some pictures when it arrives.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Patrick.
I'm usually a pretty patient guy, but this next few days are going to feel like years. blush

Mike. I will most certainly post pictures. It didn't help my anticipation for Bill to tell me I had a gorgeous rifle on the way. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinSUFFER peasant!!! grin Pics WILL be required!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinSUFFER peasant!!! grin Pics WILL be required!! grin

It's all your fault, Jim! Well, yours, sharpsguy's, and Crossfireoops. Between your phone calls and them letting me shoot their Sharps, I was a goner. grin

I'll try to remember to take pictures. I might be too busy shooting it...

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 07/24/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinVELKOMM to der Darkside!! grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
He won't be busy shooting it very long. He'll go through those 40 rounds before he knows it. It's like eating potato chips--you can't eat just one..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Meanwhile I sit waiting for a '77...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Meanwhile I sit waiting for a '77...

What are the specs on the 77 you have ordered?

Ed

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do have a picture of a 77

[Linked Image]

(sorry for the cell phone photo)

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Back in Feb of 10 Shiloh had a rd /bull barrel run,I put my deposit down on a Business rifle with some add ons on March 1, in early Sept some guys I knew who had also ordered rd barrel guns were getting theirs. I called mid month and they said it had gone into final inspection that day.They said they would call when it was ready. I packed a bag and went to the bank for extra cash that afternoon. I told my boss I needed a short notice time off when I got an anticipated call just didn't know when it would be later in the week. At a little after 9am on Thurs day morning I walked out the backdoor at work and called Shiloh, the gal who answered it said she was just walking to the phone to call me. the call ESP? I walked back in told my boss I had gotten my call I was leaving then and 2 minutes later going down I-90 west towards Big Timber,MT 483 miles and 7hrs 10 minutes later after,2 gas stops, the Mac D's drive up at Billings I pulled into the park lot at Shiloh in Big Timber.No carbon left in the Toyota's engine that day , I pulled them grades across Wyo. that day at 70+ and down the other side damn near 3 figures. Well we did the paper work shook hands. I stayed at a motel in town and had a great barby rib meal down town as well as a few beers back at the motel,hard to put the gun down. Next morning went over to the Forest Circus office and asked for advice on where the locals used public land to shoot and 15 minutes later was making smoke. Yeah I had 60 rds loaded to go with me and a cleaning kit. I waited 30 years for my first ordered out by me Shiloh 74, waiting 3 more days for the UPS turds to get it to me in 1 piece would have given me a stroke.You should have grabbed the old lady for a relief driver and been half way there by now. Magnum Man

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Outstanding I do remember the feeling well. grin Ed as Jim says welcome to the DARK SIDE. !! Hummmm Big Timber ring a bell? grin This theme always will take me back to the many hours looking through their online catalog...good memories forever..

[video:youtube]chttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAYb30J_UOI[/video]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinYeah, but I screwed ya worst (or best) of all grin When you fondled then shot my 44/90 u wuz skrewed grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Back in Feb of 10 Shiloh had a rd /bull barrel run,I put my deposit down on a Business rifle with some add ons on March 1, in early Sept some guys I knew who had also ordered rd barrel guns were getting theirs. I called mid month and they said it had gone into final inspection that day.They said they would call when it was ready. I packed a bag and went to the bank for extra cash that afternoon. I told my boss I needed a short notice time off when I got an anticipated call just didn't know when it would be later in the week. At a little after 9am on Thurs day morning I walked out the backdoor at work and called Shiloh, the gal who answered it said she was just walking to the phone to call me. the call ESP? I walked back in told my boss I had gotten my call I was leaving then and 2 minutes later going down I-90 west towards Big Timber,MT 483 miles and 7hrs 10 minutes later after,2 gas stops, the Mac D's drive up at Billings I pulled into the park lot at Shiloh in Big Timber.No carbon left in the Toyota's engine that day , I pulled them grades across Wyo. that day at 70+ and down the other side damn near 3 figures. Well we did the paper work shook hands. I stayed at a motel in town and had a great barby rib meal down town as well as a few beers back at the motel,hard to put the gun down. Next morning went over to the Forest Circus office and asked for advice on where the locals used public land to shoot and 15 minutes later was making smoke. Yeah I had 60 rds loaded to go with me and a cleaning kit. I waited 30 years for my first ordered out by me Shiloh 74, waiting 3 more days for the UPS turds to get it to me in 1 piece would have given me a stroke.now. You should have grabbed the old lady for a relief driver and been half way there by Magnum Man
I did that very thing not once, but twice several years ago. Once to pick up a bull barreled 45-110 and once to get a 40-70 Sharps Straight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grinYeah, but I screwed ya worst (or best) of all grin When you fondled then shot my 44/90 u wuz skrewed grin

Ya think ! grin

[Linked Image]

This will always hang over my loading bench..

[Linked Image]

Last edited by FlyboyFlem; 07/25/14.

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinGOOD thing the REALLY funny part ain't showed!! grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OOOOO..that hurts!But you managed to catch that smoke plume which seemed endless down that bean field. grin

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinI wuzn't meant to wear those sunglasses anyways grin The interesting stare and the drooling I saw sorta summed up whether ya liked it or not grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grinI wuzn't meant to wear those sunglasses anyways grin

It was an earthquake I tell you... whistle

Woody
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

619 members (160user, 12344mag, 257 mag, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 71 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,295
Posts18,448,991
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.