Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought myself a new Citori Lightning Featherweight for a welcome home from Iraq present. Its been lightly used and well taken care of. The silver colored receiver started corroding. I sent it back to Browning. They told me it cost to much to fix and offered me %40 off MSRP of a similar gun. price? $2500! Screw Browning. Never again

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear that. I have been very happy with the Citori that I purchased new almost 20 years ago.

B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Bad enough they made a gun that isn't right, but not standing by it is inexcusable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, instead of 40% off it should be at least, here's a new one, let us know if you have any problems with it!

Thanks for your service, too , sir!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well, they are a Belgian company.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a shame they did that. Wonder what Berretta woulda done?

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I told them I was done with Browning. He said OK

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by steve99
That's a shame they did that. Wonder what Berretta woulda done?

I'd wager they'd have made it right. I know the guys at Beretta, and they are first rate (and that includes their service).

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hmm... I'm considering a citori 725 and it makes me wonder.

Got any pictures to show us?
Did you talk to the guys manager?

Any details missing? what were you using it for? did it rust in storage?

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had a 16 ga citori and the receiver would discolor if you didn't stay after it. it is not a durable finish IMHO. Sorry for your problem and thank you for your service in Iraq

Last edited by bangeye; 07/24/14.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=357470

It is not just Browning. If you are referencing discoloration I had the same thing happen around the tang and safety of a Beretta silver finished DT-10. Used that shotgun a good bit at one time and came to accept it as normal wear and tear. Flitz would remove most of it, but it would return quickly.

Perhaps varying acid/base balance of differing individuals hand moisture may have something to do with it.

Last edited by battue; 07/24/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I asked for the manager, he said he was the manager. I used that gun on a pheasant hunt and several dove hunts. Shot skeet with it occasionally. I'm as anal as they come about cleaning my guns. Always wiped down the day it was used and put in a gunsafe with a dehumidifier in it. I'll post pictures of it when Browning sends it back. All he offered was 40% off MSRP of a new equivalent gun. He said it would be $2500! He really didn't give a damn and it was obvious.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Did they say what kind of finish it is?

I would get it back and see what aftermarket finishes are available to salvage it.

You should send in a general "contact us" type email and have it directed at a different department to see if it lands in someone elses mailbox and gets attention. Maybe go to engineering to see if they will evaluate the product. Or product management instead of service.

I'm sure you will get better reaction from a different direction.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Isn't the Citori Featherweight built on an aluminum alloy receiver - the discoloration would be corrosion, right? I don't know if there are any finishes that can be applied over the alloy or not. Not any help to you I'm afraid. I have had good luck with the Browning service center in Arnold MO, but that was only a one time issue - could depend on who you are dealing with. Write a letter to their corporate office and see if you get a different response. Good luck to you, Odessa

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If its aluminum, it will corrode into a hard case and stop. It will look terrible.

Its hard to anodize the parts after the fact and thats what the corrosion process really is (accellerated corrosion).

If they don't fis it - clean it up, degrease, and apply a laquer finish to salvage the gun.

Good luck working with browning. Ask them if these missed a silver anodize process if its aluminum.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
That's interesting to hear about Browning. A good friend of mine had to send one back due to the camo finish coming off and they swapped out his for a new one. Too bad you didn't get better treatment, I've always been very pleased with my Browning shotguns. I will say I've never had to send one in for service or repair though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The one time I dealt with Browning customer service they went a step above to make me happy.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've come to not expect much from any of them when something breaks, and in fact the usual long wait times if it is something one uses more than a little isn't worth it.

A good smith is usually quicker and less aggravating.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blairvt
I told them I was done with Browning. He said OK

That was my experience with Winchester, 2003.

Parent company must issue the same manual to both companies customer service.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm waiting on it to get back, then I'm going to take some pictures and send it to a big whig if I can figure out who one is

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
211 members (358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,172 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.