Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SuperKchunt,

It's your Imagination,so be sure to Pretend with it as much as you NEED. Laffin'!

Congratulations on the sweet "satisfaction" that must be your's,in taking an entire lifteime,to get in an afternoon's worth of "Adventure".

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo hard.

Wow +P+!

Gee',

You may as well start collecting SuperSoakers...as they'd bear you just as much fruit.

Laffin'!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by SuperCub
SC,

Back at ya!

Right on! ...... I wear the pink furries a lot, esp while watching hunting shows from the couch.

[Linked Image]

I wear mine mostly when I'm raising funds for my next rifle purchase.

Best,

GWB

LOL .... Is Alaska a country?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
Congratulations on the sweet "satisfaction" that must be your's,in taking an entire lifteime,to get in an afternoon's worth of "Adventure".

I'm OK with where I'm at, where I've been and where I'm going.

It's you that is short and bald and no matter how many pics of guns, trout, deer, bear, boats, trucks, scopes, bullets, blah, blah, blah you post you're still going to be short and bald and ain't nothing gonna change that!

Laffin'

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Bought a new one today. Can't wait to try it out.

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Got this one last week.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Bought a new one today. Can't wait to try it out.

[Linked Image]

What the hell is that thing doing in a rifle discussion...luckily someone locked you out..
OK super soaker I get it

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SuperKchunt,

Now ain't it a right proper "coincidence",that doing nothing is "rewarding" to you?!? No wonder you perpetually reiterate your ever growing list of incredibly WELL founded insecurities and the "satisfactions" of a lifetime of telling yourself you "could have too". Laffin'!

As an aside...when you Pretend something,how long does it take your Imagination to make it "real" to you?!?

Only fair to toss you something now and again,that you could actually answer in the first hand. Looking forward to the pending Excuses and the fresh batcha' Whine. Mebbe go FULL Secret Squirrel and lob a cartoon,quip phantom PM's and say again for the bajillionth time that you "don't care".

Laffin'!

You "hard chargers" are [bleep] riot!

'nm,

Cain't wait to hear the fascinating "particulars",of "all" the things you are almost gonna do with that piece of schit. Laffin'!

I know...I know,you've never failed a set of windage adjustable rears.

Laffin'!

'6,

Ask her just how loud her Imagination is,when she shoots it!

If only because she KNOWS.

Laffin'!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Got this one last week.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Shot this goup with it this morning.

[Linked Image]

Not bad for a 58 yo rifle and a 4x scope. The micrometer say's .396". wink

Last edited by elkhunternm; 07/26/14.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Not bad for any rifle, new or old. Should work just fine. Enjoy.

I learned long ago, with some folks, anything you got is lead. Everything they got is gold.

Mind over matter. You don't mind, and they don't matter.

Best,
GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Not bad for any rifle, new or old. Should work just fine. Enjoy.

I learned long ago, with some folks, anything you got is lead. Everything they got is gold.

Mind over matter. You don't mind, and they don't matter.

Best,
GWB

Yup. The only thing that matters is killing some deer with it. wink cool

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Well if the the rifle groups according to the pix, that should be no problem as long as the guy behind the trigger does his part. LOL

Best,

GWB

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yeah,the guy behind the trigger is defiantly the "wild card." When I miss I have only myself to blame. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

The 300 Savage has been killing deer for a long time.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
elk, you sure find some nice model 70's... I never really got into them.. The pre 64's were out of my price range when I was young.. But did have couple I wish I had back.. A mint .264 and a very nice .300 H & H..

Molon Labe
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thank you WCH.

If you look and wait you can find good deals on the Pre 64's.

At a gun show last month there was a Pre '64 in .22 Hornet,the price was $2200...it stayed there. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fascinating Dumb [bleep]. Congratulations?!?

Pass the Skinners goin' faster,from a shorter barrel and a smaller case...then pardon the 20rd containers that align 'em. ES/SD in single digits and 80+ MOA remaining on the erector,along with the padding on the windshield,all wrapped snugly ala TPS. Google it.

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Happiness is a 99.9% K-Hornet,set on the shelf with velvet gloves...so it can get some sunshine.

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The boundless dumbfhuqqery espoused here,is a REAL [bleep] treat.

Wow +P+!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yeah,the guy behind the trigger is defiantly the "wild card." When I miss I have only myself to blame. smile

10/4

My most disappointing miss in the last couple years came about after a long hot September day at the lease last year. I had been filling up feeders and fixing things that seem to just quit from month to month.

I have a spot that is at the back of our lease. It is about 1.5 miles in off the main gravel road we use to access our hunting areas. The path to access this spot is just wide enough to get an ATV through. I'll park my ATV and walk the last half mile uphill as its too thick and steep to access it any other way than on foot.

[Linked Image]

I call it "The Cliffs" as where I sit is a sheer rock face that is about 100' above the floor of a 350+/- acre bowl. Directly below is a dry creekbed that runs in an east/west direction

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you look closely you can see the spin cast feeder. It's about 160 yds out, to the right of the dry creek bed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I had been working all day in the heat and had let myself get too hot and somewhat dehydrated. IIRC I got out about 5 PM. This time of year one can see until almost 9 PM.

I keep game cameras set out from time to time and Had picked up pix of a group of javelina that would come in from time to time. IIRC I had a half dozen pix over a three month period. Guess they would range in and out of the area as they did not show up on game cam regularly.

[Linked Image]

I was jazzed as I've been on this lease since 2004 and had not seen the first Javelina.

It was about an hour before dark and I was glassing the bowl. Sometimes will see Aoudad up high near the tops of the surrounding hills. I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I lowered the glasses and got just a glimpse of the hindquarter as it entered the brush and was lost to sight. I thought to myself that was strange. Sure didn�t walk like a hog. I watched the area for a few minutes and went back to glassing. About 10 minutes later I caught motion again on my left at the same spot where the critter had disappeared into the brush. I put my binocs on it and damn if it wasn�t a javelin and not only that, a monster of one at that. The javelinas I�ve killed are usually mid 20 to low 30 lbs. This guy had to have been at least 60 lbs. He was a stud puppy for a Javelina. He was walking a game trail on the far side of the creekbed and I figured where he would come out would be about 150 yds. Too far for me on a freehand shot.
I was not in the most appropriate spot or position to make the the shot.

This afternoon I was shooting my Rem 700 KS in 300 H&H, zero�d for 200 yds.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0366_zpsd8f606f4.jpg[/img]

I was on an incline with my feet about 12 inches below my butt. I tucked my shooting sticks into my boot tops in order to get a rest, but due to my quivering from the heat and dehydration taken with the �buck fever� I was experiencing I could not seem to get a steady rest.

He came out of the brush and I knew I had a small window to make the shot before he disappeared for good.
I couldn�t get a steady sight pix, but I figured this might be the only chance I got and I let fly. I didn�t hear the "whop" and I sensed that I shot over him. It takes almost 30 minutes to get down from my perch to the ATV and then drive to where the Javelina was when I shot, but only 10 minutes or so to scramble down the cliff, which I did. I looked high and low till dark for any evidence of blood or fur, but to no avail. I was elated that I had got the shot, but bummed that I had missed. I hate missing.
Best,

GWB

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
GeeDub,look at it this way,there's ALOT of space around a Javelina. wink

Almost two years ago I went deer hunting (November on a Saturday & Sunday) and the only buck I seen was 400 yds out. Well,I sit down and get the buck in the crosshairs and BOOM! missed,shoot again BOOM! the buck moves off. I give my cousin directions to the place where it was,no blood,or hair nothing.

A month later in December,I go cow elk hunting with my cousin as both of us have a tag. We hunt all day and around a hour or so before dark we jumped a herd and as they are going up the other side of the canyon,I took a shot. It was about 150 yds away and slowly walking up. At the shot it turned to the my right,started to run back towards my left,where my cousin killed with a running shot to the neck. I told him "HEY YOU JUST SHOT MY ELK!" Long story short I missed it as there was only a shot in the neck where he hit it. wink 2 days later I killed a cow elk.

It happens to all of us. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Remind me to tell you the story of missing the best buck of my life and another darn good one on the same day due to My Kimber Classic in 300WSM, which by the way, was almost wrapped around a tree trunk till I came to my senses and traded it off.

Best,

GWB

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Will do. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, akpls, 13 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.