-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How are LEO's making customers climb the pole?
because he didn't want the scout to grab a bag, that he did not know what it contained?
What if the bag contained some kind of weapon or if it contained drugs? Then what would be reported on the news outlets?

Again the agents were stupid to stop em for taking a pic and confiscating the camera. a simple please erase my picture as I do not want my image used. That would have been enough.
Again the agent should not have pulled him weapon on the scout trying to get to his bag. A simple, stand back you can not get that bag while I am conducting a search would have been enough.

Im not denying that they took the situation too far, what I am saying is the agent by not knowing what the scout had in the bag, as a safety precaution has a right to ask the kid to not touch the bag and stand back. He does not however have the right to pull his weapon.
The agent also has a right to not have his picture taken if he doesn't want it taken, however in my opinion he was wrong to confiscate the camera.

A lot of the story seems fishy to me and I would hope a gun was not really drawn. If it was really drawn then there is a lot more issues to deal with than just a hand slap.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I do some volunteer work searching for lost people. We have a mix of civilians working with LE agents from a variety of departments. In April I worked with a team of dog handlers along with 2 guys who were federal agents. At the end of the day we were going to do a group photo and the 2 agents told us it was against their REGULATIONS, NOT AGAINST THE LAW to pose in such a photo. But it was OK if they just happened to be photographed while working.

I understand the concern of being targeted. But if the same rule applies to border agents there was no law broken in just taking a photo of someone.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
An unfortunate event if true...

Sad world if we are hassling boy scouts, heck I grew up with cubs and scouts.

On a lighter note, my brother and I like to go down to the Cabelas in Lacey, Washington and look around every so often. Coming back one time we were quizzed at the border by the cute young female boder person (CYFBP). I had picked up a Wyoming bone saw to replace one I had lost that year.

CYFBP "Anything to declare?)

Me "Yes maam, a bone saw."

CYFBP "What's a bone saw?"

ME "When hunting, after you take an animal you have to cut it up and quarter it to carry it out. I use the bone saw to cut through the spine, the pelvis, and a couple of other spots."

CYFBP (with look of growing disgust on her face)"You mean like cutting the animal up? eeewwww!"

Me "This a good one, comes in really handy, just lost the other one on my last hunt."

CYFBP "Go, just go, go!"

Me "Have a nice day maam."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm confused. Was this a US Border Patrol Agent, or a Canadian Agent? If it's a US Agent, he needs to be put in chains.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Chains? No, too dignified, an Auguste clown outfit and makeup will do, for two weeks, on duty, unarmed.

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
They claim at the end of the article that this was an illegal search.... perhaps I am wrong but aren't searches conducted crossing the border legal?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The ignore function works for the B.S.
They must have been some shifty Boy Scouts for them to act this way,if they did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pira114
I just can't believe the story as written. It doesn't make sense. No Federal Agency that I'm aware of uses snap holsters. And no, I don't believe they can just wear what they want

Heard the snap? Even if he had a snap holster, how many kids would have alerted to that sound? Not many I bet.

No pictures? People take pictures of them all the time. Video too. We've had several on this site of check points. Then there's hundreds of hours of news footage of check points, border crossings, and Federal buildings. Just in the last year.

And it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) that the wrong agency is named?

I smell BS

Most triple-retention duty holsters have snaps. The Safariland SS III has two. I can assure you that when I unsnap, they can be heard.

I'm not sure what the feral govt uses or which agencies you are aware of, but if they are a uniformed agency and following any sort of sensible firearms doctrine they are using a retention duty holster of some sort.

The suits? Probably not.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by kwg020
Not seeing what the officers did wrong even if the scout tale is true.

Please explain. kwg

They apparently didn't want their pictures taken and they are free to use force anytime they feel their life is in danger or they want someone to comply with their desires. What do you think is wrong with that?

Hello Mr. Troll
I spent 32 years as an LEO and I never once arbitrarily unholstered and pointed my duty gun at someone for less than a suspected felony, especially a boy scout in scout clothing. There is nothing in any law federal or state that I know of that prevents a citizen from taking a picture of an LEO regardless of the employer.

If what the scouts are saying is correct the officer in this situation needs some serious discipline. Not allowing the boy scouts and the leaders to witness the search and deleting the pictures in my opinion is not only disrespectful but is unlawful. The officer destroyed evidence when he took the camera and deleted the pictures.

The bottom line is they ARE NOT free to use what ever force they want when it comes to Americans returning to America. Chuck Grassley is following up and I'm pretty sure he will get the truth unless of course the Border Guards have already destroyed evidence. Then it's word against word. I have to admit, I would probably take the boy scouts word for what happened.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

They didn't want pictures taken and that is all you need to know. Like all officers they have the guns to use on civilians to maintain compliance. They didn't shoot them which is part of their perks so what they did(if the scout tale is true) is their version of asking nicely. Get it? Got it? Good. Heil Hitler!

Screw you douche bag! You wanna live in the police state new world order, knock yourself out.. don't try and convince the rest of us that it is the "in thing" to do...

Personally I'll trust the word of a Scout before I trust the word of some pompous Government Goon with a chip on his shoulder and an identity crisis...who was his next customer? Draw down on Grandma next because she was 'threatening his existence' by having a knitting needle in her bag with her knitting?

You are either the biggest Dumbbasss on this forum or just a troll who is camping out here for the time being to harrass other people, until you get booted from this site and move on to another...trying to justify your otherwise useless existence...

welfare rat with too much time on his hands and plenty of dope for his bong... GFY Douchebag

Officer safety is the only thing that matters. The only people who disagree with that are cop-hating liberals/libertarians(like there is any difference between the 2.) Maybe when you hit 30 you will change your outlook?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They apparently didn't want their pictures taken and they are free to use force anytime they feel their life is in danger or they want someone to comply with their desires. What do you think is wrong with that?

Hello Mr. Troll
I spent 32 years as an LEO and I never once arbitrarily unholstered and pointed my duty gun at someone for less than a suspected felony, especially a boy scout in scout clothing. There is nothing in any law federal or state that I know of that prevents a citizen from taking a picture of an LEO regardless of the employer.

If what the scouts are saying is correct the officer in this situation needs some serious discipline. Not allowing the boy scouts and the leaders to witness the search and deleting the pictures in my opinion is not only disrespectful but is unlawful. The officer destroyed evidence when he took the camera and deleted the pictures.

The bottom line is they ARE NOT free to use what ever force they want when it comes to Americans returning to America. Chuck Grassley is following up and I'm pretty sure he will get the truth unless of course the Border Guards have already destroyed evidence. Then it's word against word. I have to admit, I would probably take the boy scouts word for what happened.

kwg

I bet the good police in your area were glad to see you go since you wouldn't back them up on incidents like this.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
This thread is very entertaining, I love watching idiots that don't realize what Sherp is doing to them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243
This thread is very entertaining, I love watching idiots that don't realize what Sherp is doing to them.

Showing cop haters for what they are. Police officers on scene supported each others' actions, why don't the civilian scouts and several here?

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

Hello Mr. Troll

kwg

I bet the good police in your area were glad to see you go since you wouldn't back them up on incidents like this.

They weren't. Genuine good guy and good officer. Never met him, but know enough citizens and officers that know him well.

Good police aren't liabilities.

Good luck to you avoiding what you're obviously asking for.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not seeing any bad police or police who are liabilities except those officers who fail to aid their fellow officers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Classic example why we need far less govt and govt employees. Both suck.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You dont threaten children with guns.

They said that to George Zimmerman too
How old were these "children"?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AggieDog
Classic example why we need far less govt and govt employees. Both suck.......

I hope you mean we need to take agencies like the BLM and shift their budget and manpower in to the FBI, military or other armed branches and increase the budget and number of agents/soldiers as a way to make government smaller.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snyper
You dont threaten children with guns.

They said that to George Zimmerman too
How old were these "children"?

Doesn't matter, even a civilian toddler is a threat which is why agencies need the No Hesitation targets.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sherp,
officer safety is very important, but so is following the levels of force. I myself am perfectly fine with the agent not wanting that scout to get to his bag. What I am not ok with is him going to the extreme and pulling his weapon on the scout (if infact the story is true and the gun was pulled)
In this situation the most force the agent should have used when the scout went for his bag was a stern verbal command.

i'd still like to see the truth of the whole incident.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,894 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.