-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I am a long time geovid user. The concept of an RF inside my binocular far outweights pure optical performance. I have been looking forward to an improved geovid for years. I have wanted something brighter, a better RF unit would be very nice. The HD-b geovids seemed just the ticket. That is until I actually look at them inside the store. just about everytime I go into cabelas or sportsman's I ask to look at the new geovids hoping I am somehow wrong and they will finally stun me. Honestly I am disappointed when I look through them. Honestly the edge to edge sharpness in my mind is POOR and not even as good as the previous model. pick up the same comparable swaro unit and you will see what I am talking about, there simply is no comparison the swaro unit is much sharper around the edges. Some models I have had difficulty getting a round image in the center, almost like the binocular barrels are too wide apart. I also notice a more pronounced green tint than even in previous models, the old models just had one barrel with it. swaro doesn't have it that I can see. The leica rep at a trade show admitted swaro has at lest 3% better light transmission with their RF/bino unit. couple this with a poorly conceived ballistic output that either rounds the moa and example would be 15.4 moa would be 15 or 15.6 moa would be 16. or gives you the total number of clicks so you better be good at dividing by 4 in your head. no angle compensation below 100 yards. so its of no use to bow hunters. I have to ask who in the world tested these things?!?!? it wasn't real western hunters. yeah goose egg is what I say.

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I bought the HD-B and ended up trading them away and kept my 10 year old Swarovskis.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have looked through a forum member's new Swaros and I can't hardly see the red aiming circle most of the time. Would drive me nuts in short order.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 62 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.