Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9057654 07/28/14
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I like the feel, have never shot one nor know anyone that has one.

So for those that have them, how do you like?

Thanks

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I shot one once.

I have small hands and liked the way it fit my hand. It was surprising that a pistol with a 17 rd magazine would fit that well. The gun fed/functioned well--I shot a grand total of two magazines worth of ammo, but the owner said he was having zero issues with it. I shot it no better, no worse than any other pistol of that relative size and weight. Frankly, I liked it.

The only negatives for me were the tiny little safety was weird and not easy to move to the 'fire' position; and the Loaded Chamber Indicator and the Magazine Disconnect. I'm not a fan of either.

I'm sure someone who actually owns one will be along in a moment to give you an in-depth review, but I thought I'd toss out my impressions.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I like the ones that I've handled/shot. They're pretty good in my experience. I've only shot the SR9c, but would not hesitate to own either.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

A friend of mine has one. He shoots it very well. I've shot it once, and I thought it was pretty nice.

He's never had reliability problems with it, but this is only a sample of one. I've never come across another.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have one; too much other stuff, but I've shot them & they are very good.

I think the trigger is better than most stock Glocks but Glock has the advantage of lots of aftermarket parts.

If you don't intend to fiddle with it & are happy with it as stock, I think it's a very nice piece.

MM

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Stock works for me, I just wanna sling 9's.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BIL has one in .40 (SR40), I've shot it a few times; I like it. Ergonomically Ruger has come from the back of the pack right up to the front. There are very few pistols that feel better in the hand than the current crop of Ruger polymer framed pistols.

Of the polymer framed .40's I find the Ruger to be the easiest recoil wise, just seems to settle into the hand a tad better than the rest; but that's just completely subjective.

I personally like the option of having the thumb safety on a trigger cocking pistol. Just makes re-holstering a bit safer. Flick the safety on while re-holstering, and when it's firmly into the holster you can either flick it off or just keep it on; whatever tickles your fancy.

My brother in law's is quite accurate, but as expected the trigger could be better. All in all I think it's a very good pistol when you consider how little it costs.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I really like my SR9C.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bought a SR9C for my Mom, and it's a great little gun! As reliable as any Glock I've ever owned, and a smaller less blockier grip.
I've also recommended the SR9 to several of my CHL students that have smaller hands, and they all seem to like them just fine.

For a 9mm, at a real decent price, and its built like a tank just like any Ruger, with the great Ruger Warranty & Customer Service, I just don't think you can go wrong.
If it was the only handgun I had, I wouldn't hesitate at all to carry it for personal protection. Great little all around 9mm, IMO.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott,

I've got the SR9C and love it. I have rather large hands but my SIG 220 with Hogues just printed through my clothing more than I liked.

Read a lot of positive reviews on the Ruger and decided to take the plunge. Got rid of the stupid disconnect and polished what I could and, personally, think the trigger is one of the best in the striker category. Mine is quite accurate, as well.

I liked the fact that it came with a 10 and 17 rd mag. I can carry the ten in the gun and it's really easy to hide and have the 17 in a pocket for backup (actually bought another 17 for a spare).

Shot my buddy's Kahr the other day and I like my Ruger FAAR better. I really don't think you would be disappointed in the SR.

Also, I have had ZERO malfunctions in about 500 rds, so far. Not a lot, to be truthful, but promising. And yeah, 9 mil is plentiful and pretty cheap around here now...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've had one almost 2 years. Flawless performance for the 500+ rounds I've put through it. I like the feel with the reversible backstrap flat side out. Rear sight adjustable for elevation, which is nice. The trigger improved considerably once I removed the magazine disconnect. Ruger made it so you could pull it out and reinstall it later if you so choose.

Last edited by bhemry; 07/30/14. Reason: Spelling error
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I've got one and after a few early teething problems it has worked out well. Like others here I was impressed with the ergonomics and how comfortable it fit my hand. The early issues were fail to feed problems that cleared up when I removed the loaded chamber indicator and fitted the Galloway fill plug. Also the magazine disconnect is easily well, disconnected and that seemed to help the feeding issues as well. I'm still not thrilled with the accuracy but it is certainly acceptable.

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Magazine disconnect would be a deal killer for me.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have handled a few, and shot a couple. They seem to be OK, but they get lost in the market. They dont offer anything that the Glock, M&P, or any of a number of polymer framed striker fired guns dont.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Stock works for me, I just wanna sling 9's.

The SR9 would probably make a suitable carry/truck gun, but if "wanna sling 9's" means what I think it does I'd opt for a more interesting pistol.

I wouldn't choose a Mossberg if a I wanted to sling .223's.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I bought one because I thought I'd like having real safety, unlike the Glock, but I never got used to it, so I bought another G19. His and hers.

No real issues with the Ruger, just like the feel of the G19 better, so I sold the SR9c

I'm mostly a rifle guy, to me a handgun is just a defense tool.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've got the SR9 and SR9c like them both. I just disregard the safety and don't worry about it. It points very naturally for me. I love the grip. Price is reasonable. Disconnect is not an issue if you don't like it remove it. Mine has run flawlessly with almost 1000 rounds. Not a hickup from the first. Front sight is very visible for me and quick to find. I don't see how you can go wrong.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I've got the SR9 and SR9c like them both. I just disregard the safety and don't worry about it. It points very naturally for me. I love the grip. Price is reasonable. Disconnect is not an issue if you don't like it remove it. Mine has run flawlessly with almost 1000 rounds. Not a hickup from the first. Front sight is very visible for me and quick to find. I don't see how you can go wrong.

Second that, only my SR9c now going about 3.5k flawless rounds. At one time or another I've had the SR9, SR9c, SR40c and the SR45. The only trouble I had with any was the SR45 didn't feed cheap ball ammo very well. But the SR9 and SR9c have and continue to run w/o issues.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another and in fact am currently keeping my eyes open for another reasonably priced full size SR9. Shouldn't have sold the one I had...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had one in for an article right after they came out, ran it till it got so gummed up it cycled slow for the story. It got recalled after I wrote the article, so I sent it back and told them to keep it.

They sent it back and gave me the industry price, so bought it for my youngest son. He promptly stripped it to component level & Kryloned the frame FDE.

Bought him five more mags, and a De Santis holster. He's happy as a clam. Knocks 6x6 plates over w it @ 50 yards on demand.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
653 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 59 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,190
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.