Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I was at a gun show yesterday and saw a little military trainer in 5.4mm or .22 lr as we in America call it and had to have it. It helped the seller was willing to deal and the price was right on it as well. It needs a safety as that part is missing, but it's a cool little CRF with actual claw extractor. Near as I can tell it's a GECO 1933 pictures I found online.

Here are the pictures I was able to take last night with my cell.

Here are all the markings it has, sorry best I could do with my cell.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It has two locking lugs in the rear, this is a picture of the second lug, the other is the bolt handle.
[Linked Image]

Picture fo the claw extractor, cute little bugger.
[Linked Image]

The whole thing with the sporterized stock. The ramp on the rear sight is marked from 25-200 and I'm guessing that is in meters.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anyone know a good source for parts? I tried good ol� Numrich and they had nada. I would like to find the safety first and then maybe an original or reproduction stock.

GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Looks like neat .22. Have fun and good luck..

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What you have is a pre-war Deutsches Sport Modell (DSM) 34. Basically a sport/trainer.
Many German companies contracted to make these, including Gustav Genschow (GECO) which yours is.
You'll have to be very lucky to find any parts, especially a safety. But it's a single shot, and the safety is is not absolutely necessary.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund
What you have is a pre-war Deutsches Sport Modell (DSM) 34. Basically a sport/trainer.
Many German companies contracted to make these, including Gustav Genschow (GECO) which yours is.
You'll have to be very lucky to find any parts, especially a safety. But it's a single shot, and the safety is is not absolutely necessary.

Thanks for the info. I don't really need a safety but it would be nice to restore this old rifle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, it would be nice, but unless you've got lots of time/patience and a fair amount to spend on it, it's probably not in the cards.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That broken safety and being in the original condition were the reasons the price was right and the seller was willing to deal. It's got no collectors value with the broken safety and redone stock, but you can enjoy it as a single shot plinker.

Last edited by Timbo; 07/29/14.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Many of these old trainers can be quite accurate. If the bore and crown are good I would not be surprised to see it out shoot many newer rifles.

About 8 years ago a whole bunch of Romanian Trainers were released in the US and I have shot two that were easily 1 MOA rifles or better. We mounted a scope on one (meant drilling holes for Weaver mount) and recrowned it and it was a very good shooting rifle shooting under 1/2" at 50 yards with out trouble. Turned out someone wanted it twice as bad as my friend who bought it so it is gone now but doubling ones investment is not a bad thing grin

It is what you learn after you know it all that is important.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (338Rules, 338reddog, 308xray, 2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 23 invisible), 1,686 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,106
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.