Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks buddy. I've had extremely good luck with the American made FFII's, so we'll see how this philippine made one holds up sick.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]
Bad cell phone pics

CK
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Very nice rifle! Looks sharp to me.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
[Linked Image]
Bad cell phone pics

I love the rifle, it looks just like my 270 XTR. One thing to think about is if you put some Leupold DD lows on there, you'd have more lateral adjustment and it would drop the scope down closer to the bore. Plus it would be stronger than the windage adjustable standards. Nice looking rifle and excellent cartridge. I'll bet it is a shooter...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Finally was able to make it to the range for a quick session and after a couple of shots to sight in the Burris 2-7, it shows promise. Using prvi partisan 139sp, it shot a quick 3 shot group just under an inch. Recoil was minimal. It is starting to grow on me.

Interesting. Mine doesn't shoot the prvi worth a damn. I found a load with 140 AB's and MRP that did the trick.

I did have some barrel pressure from the stock that I had to relieve with a bit of sandpaper.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that" - George Carlin
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have less than a box of the Prvi through it but has shot three 3-shot groups with the worst being 1 1/8 inches. I have several different 6.5 bullets laying around for my 264 WM so will try to work up a load when I can get some time.

CK
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My first deer rifle was a surplus Swede with a sorta roached out barrel from shooting corrosive primers my Pop bought out of a cardboard barrel at Warshall's in Seattle for less than $20 IIRC. i killed a lot of deer with that rifle. I really develop a fondness for the cartridge using that rifle. Years later when I saw that Win. had introduced the Swede in the FW, I drove up to Kesselrings and bought one. It shot ok outta the box but not great, I pulled the stock off and to my horror was a splattering of something resembling hot melt glue around the recoil lug.....
That was remedied toot sweet by removing it and properly acraglassing the lug, The rifle shot like a house afire after that with the factory Norma and Dominion loads I still had on hand and good handloads.
Congrats on the rifle and hope you getting yours shooting as well as mine did.

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
131 members (300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,811 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.