Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Can you provide us with the Bible passage behind this prophesy?

Once upon a time...!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Lu 21:20 "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

So, was he referring to 70, 1099, 1147, 1187, 1218, 1244, 1265, 1834, 1917, 1948, 1967, or 1973?

I bet you left a bunch out! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I have not, but will check it out safariman. Thanks. Persecution of Christians is nothing new. It's been going on forever, and will get worse IMO, which is also spelled out in the Good Book IIRC.

I don't really like posting in religious forums much anymore because all you wind up doing is arguing with fools.
Who sad anything about Christians? In case no one ever told you, Jews aren't Christians. Speaking of "arguing with fools"...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by djs

Is Sean Hannity mentioned in the bible too?

Apparently not�you would think when he has a hand in making vague prophecies come true he would at least get a spot in the credits�.

He is in there. However, he is masked under a parable name that only spiritual men with God decoder rings can decipher.

Ringman. Get it?

Safariman. Not so much.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good to know�..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by eyeball
Introduction

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains. . . For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24: 15, 16, 21).

Consider these passages, all written about the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. All refer to the same thing so it indicates that the abomination of desolation is the armies of Rome.

Mt 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place �the abomination that causes desolation�,spoken of through the prophet Daniel�let the reader understand�

Mr 13:14 � "When you see �the abomination that causes desolation� standing where it does not belong�let the reader understand�then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Lu 21:20 "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

Rome attacked during Passover and there could have been as many as a million people inside the city when the gates were locked. It was a horrible time of starvation. A single loaf of bread sold for a days wages. Even cannibalism was prevalent.

I don't think at that time all the nations of the earth had turned against Israel and Judea too, RC. I don't think the battle of Armageddon has been yet fought.

Q. Are there any Bible prophecies that predict the attempts at dividing Jerusalem and it�s outcome? A. Zechariah 12:2-3 says, �I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.� Where Jerusalem is concerned, all the nations of the world are already united against Israel. They want it divided. This prophecy seems to say that any attempt to do so will be unsuccessful. Then Zechariah 14:2 tells of Jerusalem being attacked in the final battle before the Lord returns. �I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.� This confirms that prior to that last battle Jerusalem will be undivided. Based on these prophecies, it�s hard to believe that the current talk about dividing Jerusalem will result in that actually happening. But if it does, Zechariah�s prophecy says it�ll only be temporary.
You quoted Mat 24 as predicting the end times. That one lines up perfectly with the passages in Mark and Luke in referring to 70AD. Zech isn't part of that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I have not, but will check it out safariman. Thanks. Persecution of Christians is nothing new. It's been going on forever, and will get worse IMO, which is also spelled out in the Good Book IIRC.

I don't really like posting in religious forums much anymore because all you wind up doing is arguing with fools.
Who sad anything about Christians? In case no one ever told you, Jews aren't Christians. Speaking of "arguing with fools"...

Well aware of that UP. Wasn't referring to the Jews, was referring to the Christian posters here, you know, the ones quoting the Bible?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I'll believe it when Benny Hinn tells me too...

6 And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Benny Hinn:

7 Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.

8 But Beelzebub the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.

10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Well aware of that UP. Wasn't referring to the Jews, was referring to the Christian posters here, you know, the ones quoting the Bible?

You wouldn't really be suggesting that the wankers quoting scripture here are being persecuted...would you?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by carbon12

He is in there. However, he is masked under a parable name that only spiritual men with God decoder rings can decipher.

That's closer than you think. Just lose the ring.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

You wouldn't really be suggesting that the wankers quoting scripture here are being persecuted...would you?

I don't know....would you?

Persecute:
1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.

2. To annoy persistently; bother.

The same bunch of dolts show up on every thread pertaining to the subject of the Bible, Cristianity, etc.....

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The prophecies of Isaiah have not happened yet. I believe there will not be a big ground war until Armageddon, I do think Israel will get massively attacked and expend it's entire NBC arsenal. That would reek the kind of destruction the Bible speaks of.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I don't know....would you?

Persecute:
1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.

2. To annoy persistently; bother.

The same bunch of dolts show up on every thread pertaining to the subject of the Bible, Cristianity, etc.....

Probably because the first lot of dolts keep waving the lure around to make themselves feel like martyrs.

If you don't want an opposing view expressed then don't share yours.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"It's a little known fact that the ballistic missiles were clearly prophesied in 1st and 2nd Titans, and allegorical references are made to them in the Book of Polaris" - Rev. Cliff Clavin.

Muslim scholars also claim reference to this in the "Sura al-Scud", or "Book of The Scud" in the Quran.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the news said Kerry, showed up uninvited, and that his proposal for peace was so bad that an unheard of full 19 members of the Israeli cabinet voted against it, they have called him a Lawyer for Hamas. He is according to Fox news making things worse instead of better. The world has become a strange place.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If ya get hit by a Mac truck, your end times just came. Just sayin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

In which case your last meal would have been a "big Mac" and the last thing to go through your mind would be your arsehole.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You're over-thinking this thing. Just sayin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Not really, just sitting here either hacking my lungs up or attempting to expel my arsehole through my nostrils...not sure which as they both seem to taste and smell the same at the moment.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Perzactly!

Worded differently, and well, but the same point a few of us have tried to make.

I am about to embark on a bit of a spiritual journey, re thinking and re reading things in the prophetic books that I have not spent much time on in a while. That said, I am not one to get too worked up over prophecy even though I know that we should all have a working understanding of it and be awake, alert and aware. At the end of the day - or end of time, I know that my personal 'end times' whether they come through war, disease or other cause are sealed and set. God knows the when and how, and I have total trust in HIM and him alone. I also trust in his love and care for me, and in the provision he has made for me, which I have accepted and fully signed on to. A provision through the shed blood of his son Jesus that guarantees those of us who have made Gods son the Lord (ruler) of our lives and believers of his words and hope, fantastic, out of this world, and eternal retirement benefits.

Those of us who post in or start threads along this line, do so in hopes that more of our friends here at 24hrcf will see the error and utter foolishness of living for one's self and grab ahold of the amazing love and hope and future that God has for you. For this reason we have, and probably will some more, start threads of this type from time to time.

All of us who do this, i.e. put forth something to encourage our friends here to take a new look and give further consideration to this truth and awesome news of Gods amazing grace and forgiveness, do so imperfectly for sure. But we must try. And try out of sincere concern and love for those of you who are now scoffing or making fun, we try.

With the utmost sincerity and Godly love and concern for you all,

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 07/28/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 12344mag, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,116
Posts18,464,530
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.