-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good. Because if I find out you drive by without stopping, I'ma gonna be pissed. Not that THAT is any cause for worry on your part....grin

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by huntsman22
EE, it's my Schmeef and Wayshun PC commander, and you're right about the thistles and cack-tie. I've declared war on both, but the fugging goatheads are my main priority.....wanna job? I can't seem to be able to keep up....

Guys, if RJM swings by your place, it'll be a real treat. Hell of a good guy with a hardcase plumb fulla nice toys to play with. When he pulled into the place, I did have my reservations about the invite, tho. He steps outta the truck with a big ol' hardcase. Why, my first thoughts were, that I invited a fricking travelling salesman to stay over....grin

[Linked Image]

After exchanging pleasantries, he eased my mind about the salesman bit, when he opened that pandora's box O' pistols. Hell, he even let me burn up some of his ammo...grin

[Linked Image]

ol' Bob's a handsome devil, to boot....
[Linked Image]

I can't recall him missing any pins...
[Linked Image]

or clays with Miss Maggie.
[Linked Image]

he did run a mag thru the commander. I think he did it just to keep me from feeling guilty about dirtying up his shooters.
[Linked Image]

nice sunrise for Bob as he had to leave for GJ today
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/huntsman22/rondy/IMG_3059_zps273314c4.jpg[/img]

I went up to the Colo get-together last saturday, and Bob is the second 'fire member to stop to the ranch this week. CFVA and his most lovely bride came thru earlier, on their way to Frontier Days and elk scouting. Good week of putting faces to names... Now if I could get Mackay and the rest of you thugs to visit when you drive by, I'd really enjoy it. Don

Don,

I'd be more than happy and honored to accept the invite, if my travels take me that way. smile
I think the camo Pachmayers came out in the early or mid-eighties. I thought they'd look great on a standard 629 and wanted to do one up that way, but I never owned a 629 until years later. I always made do with a 29 or some other 44 Mag. Never had a set of the Pachmayer camo's either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
... "Corriente" just means common cattle in Mexican. What I was saying is that a Longhorn is not a Corriente since they're two separate breeds. I thought you'd get it but sorry for the confusion.

ah, okay, I did not know that.

They look like this:

[Linked Image]

and I was bit startled the first time I saw the bull. smile The landowner told me, when they want to move them to another pasture, he puts a block of feed on his pickup tailgate, and drives slowly. The Corrs trot after the pickup.
That's a good looking animal that would bring good money around here if he was de-horned. All they have to be is black.

IMO that old boy is a real old-timey cowman. That's what all the real cowmen want is cows that they can toll right up to wherever they want them. Wild cows lose you money. Cowboying cows runs money off the hoof.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bulls make the best hamburger IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and the most.....

IC B2

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don, it's not you they're stopping by to see, it's the Giant PD's they can put their foot on!

laugh
DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
RE: Bulls make the best hamburger IMO.
RE: And the most ...

... Bull-ony!

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any Longhorns outside of TX are counterfeit!

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Bob,

It sounds like you are having a good time again this year. There is nothing finer than time spent on an actual working cattle ranch. Great hosts enhance the experience.

I am looking forward to hearing that you have crossed the state line.

Don,

Those are fine looking animals. And I know they are pets, so would not wish to hurry his demise.

But that bull on the left side of the photo would make one gorgeous pair of chaps, or even a great rifle scabbard.

Long ago one of our neighbors had a couch made of leather tanned with the hair on. A hide spotted like that bull would be impressive.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idaho, there is a chair made out of polished horns and cowhide in the yurt. Not very comfortable, but it's stunning to look at.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by deflave
I go near there when I visit my folks. I will be sure and stop by next time.

I don't really have anything to offer like RJM does. But I do talk a lot and I can drink beer real good.

Travis

I'd bring guns and beer....no [bleep] stuff. laugh

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Idaho, there is a chair made out of polished horns and cowhide in the yurt. Not very comfortable, but it's stunning to look at.

That would be interesting. I am trying to imagine how one would engineer a chair from horns and am unable.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's easy if you got the right tools and some longhorn cows ...

~ http://droverhouse.com/images/20100803_70.JPG ~

It's my milk stool. If RJM comes calling -
I'll give him a bucket & put him to some real work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'weed, That's it.... but ours has a little footstool, too.

'sept the one here, is brown hide. I'll grab a pic later. Funny thing is, it is not quality built. Just screwed together with black drywall screws, not even countersunk. The labor was cheap..

Last edited by huntsman22; 07/27/14.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
(from Weed's link) That's a conversation starter, for sure.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Bob would probably prefer that to his motorcycle seat right now. We've done a shade over 400 miles in 2 days on the enduros.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He ain't very good at updating his thread with pics, is he?....

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ok, ok...I'm here... Mac has been running me ragged...two 200 mile motorcycle "outings" that I almost didn't come back from and then fishing and John Wayne movies yesterday...

The trip since leaving Huntsman's place has been great. I spent the next night in Grand Junction visiting with a long time friend... One interesting thing occurred...he went to show me his carry gun, one of a matched set of S&W 342s....and...

[Linked Image]

....the barrel was missing.... A call to S&W in the morning resulted in a faxed prepaid mailer.... The gun is a .357 Magnum that had 30 rounds of .38 Special 158 grain RNL ammo through it...

Took I-80 west out of SLC to see the great salt lake and salt flats. Saw one guy in a what looked like a Honda Accord who had decided to do a doughnut on the flats sunk up to the frame....about 50 miles from the nearest wrecker. Made it to Mac's Friday night after 14 hours of driving...

The next morning we were out on the bikes, KLR650s, for a "short" run...that ran 225 miles and 7 hours....

[Linked Image]

This is the "most remote town" in the lower 48.... The last 15 miles is one lane dirt...and going out down hill was almost my last 15 miles ever...missed one pile of rocks by inches...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The ride across the sagebrush flats at 70 mph was aggravated by 35 mile mph crosswinds...but we made it home to an elk steak dinner...

Sunday we were out early heading for some place with the ominous name of "City of Rocks"... It was almost the last resting place of Mac as he decided to play mountain goat and the next thing I see is him running down a cliff face heading for the 15' drop at the bottom....

[Linked Image]

...and there were more people out there free climbing the peaks...

[Linked Image]

By the end of the second day of riding the fingers of my left hand no longer worked... Took two days for everything to come back...

Yesterday we went fishing along the Snake River canyon east of Twin Falls...just a beautiful place...

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/alb...14/20140728_102821_zpsbc09d7d7.jpg[/img]

Today I am playing computer catchup...

To be continued....Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Very nice.. Have a wonderful trip.. Keep safe.

Molon Labe
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1lessdog, 1234, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,794
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.