Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
thanks for my Africa "fix"....great story and pics....I hope to go back too someday.....

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Great post Eric - looks like you had a heck of a fine time, those are both wonderful trophies!!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Eric,

Man- looks like you had a GREAT trip! You could be a sporting magazine writer based on that report and those photos! It has been a little over two years since my wife and I went for our SA plains game safari and reading your report brought it all back!

By the way, THANK YOU for your service! Glad to see that you're not up to just all work over there and no play...

Take care,

John

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations, Eric on a great Safari! Maybe I'll sell the NULA you sold me and book one myself smile

Take care and thanks for your service in Djibouti!

Joe

EricM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, guys. It's been fun to share the experience! cool

John - Thanks man! You flatter me, but hey, maybe that's a way to fund future safaris! How cool would that be?! lol. I bet you're itching to go back after having experienced it two years ago with your wife.

Joe - Thanks! That NULA was a difficult one to let go but I'm glad it helped make this trip happen. You should find a way to Africa. You would go nuts over there!!

Eric

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love your pics. Congrats on a great hunt!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Great job, wonderful story, good pictures. Looks to have been a good hunt. You take a lot better pictures than I do and you see the pictures better than I did.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
EricM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SWJ
Eric:

I'm glad you had an awesome hunt! Makes me want to go back and hunt with the Kelly's again.

When I was there, the warthog quota was gone. I had to watch those big boys trot around. A little green with envy here.

Hope, this was one of many more good hunts for you.

Scott

Scott, thanks for the pre-hunt tips and lowdown! You really hooked me up with some good info. As for the warthog, now you have a good reason to go back. Same with me and the elusive bushbuck! wink

Thanks for the congrats, Mike.

Marlin, welcome back!! I'm looking forward to your report!!

Eric

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Eric,
Great hunt and great report. Congratulations. And some awesome pictures. I am heading in back to that same area in a month, your report wetted my appetite for the hunt.

BigBullet
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness.

https://www.facebook.com/Natal-Outfitters-195443607135825/
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Eric I just looked back at your Warthog and man that thing is grungy!!! I'd love to know how old he was. I felt lucky to even get one as every time they thought something was up they went from 0 to 90 right now. Not sure how you would mount him but all that back hair needs to be worked in to it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Eric,

Congrats on what sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing a wonderfully detailed story and some super pics. Trip of a lifetime!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
EricM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the congrats, Bob! smile

Best of luck on your hunt, Big Bullet. You must be getting close now! I really miss Zululand.

Marlin, I'm going to get a Euro mount done. He's a super cool Warthog. I tried to get some good photos to do him justice! The Nyala will also be a Euro mount, and a rug. Keeping my fingers crossed that they turn out well.

It's been a few weeks now and I'm going through Biltong withdrawal...!!

Eric

EricM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I received my taxidermy from Universal Trophy Services in Pretoria, South Africa. It took about 9 months from the hunt in July 2014 to arrival in CA. I also received a tanned Nyala hide. The work turned out great. I'm very happy with UTS as well as my import broker, Coppersmith.

The Nyala skull is very interesting. The jawbone was formed crooked. Sure makes an interesting mount! smile

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Superb!

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
EricM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, Marius! I'm so glad they made it over in one piece! smile

Eric

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
722 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,956 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,757
Posts18,401,358
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.