Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I was on vacation down in Utah all week. While it was a family vacation I did manage to sneak in 1.5 days of fishing. I had a great time time fishing with my oldest son and friends. Plus I was able to catch tiger trout and a wiper, of which, I have never caught before. For only a day and a half on 3 different lakes I really can't complain.

Al Morris (of Foxpro/Hunter's Specialties fame) and my oldest son with his first Kokanee Salmon.
[Linked Image]

Me with one of several rainbows we caught out of Strawberry Res.
[Linked Image]

Al and I with another trout.
[Linked Image]

My son with a pretty cutty.
[Linked Image]

A few days after Strawberry Res we traveled to southern Utah had continued success. I've never caught a tiger trout before. I caught this little guy and one just a little bigger. Granted it's tiny, but at least I can say I've caught a couple of them now. The fishing conditions on the mountain lake where they live wasn't that great. The lake had weeded up really bad and made fishing really difficult at best. However, my partner and I still managed to land a couple each. I sure think they are cool looking and I'd like to have another run at them when the lake isn't so weedy. Wouldn't mind catching a few bigger one's either. wink
[Linked Image]

Is it Friday yet?
GB2

Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We also spent the other half of the day fishing for smallmouth bass. My son kicked my butt in this department as did everyone on the boat. I landed only one tiny smallie, but I caught another fish that more than made up for it...more about that later.

Here's my son with one of several smallies he boated. He did real well for having never caught one before.
[Linked Image]

One of my best fishing buddy's with a nice smallie he was able to bring aboard.
[Linked Image]

This is the guy that was kind of enough to take us out on his bass boat. He was a super guy and I'm glad he was also able to land a really nice smallmouth.
[Linked Image]

Like I said earlier I didn't exactly light it up with the smallies. I'm not sure why. I've caught literally hundreds of them in my lifetime. For some reason I just couldn't hit my groove. I did manage to catch a couple 20" rainbows, but I can catch those here and I wasn't all that excited about them. So hence, no photos of the trout. However I did get totally surprised when this dandy wiper nearly ripped the rod right out of my hand. Heck, I was using my ultra-light outfit and it gave me all the battle I could handle. The two local guys were all giddy over it, as I guess it's biggest one they've personally ever seen come out of the lake. I was all giddy because I'd never caught one before and it wasn't a total dink sized minnow. It was a fantastic week with friends and family. I can't wait to do it again some day.
[Linked Image]

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kokanee, Rainbows, Cutthroats, Tiger Trout (?), Smallmouth and a good Wiper on UL; all on the same one week trip with friends and family with nice weather. That's a good trip and then some.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those look like some good smallmouths. Were you fishing the same lake?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's about top of the range for a wiper. My best is a 23" - which I caught on my ultralight crappie rod. So I know what kind of tussle that one gave you!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
43Shooter, the trout and salmon came from different lakes than the smallies and the wiper.

Is it Friday yet?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Never heard of a tiger trout. Nice smallies, I LOVE ME SOME SMALLJAWS.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
710 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 74 invisible), 3,064 guests, and 1,412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,604
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.