Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a good thing that guns are so highly regulated in California, or else the bad guys might get hold of them!

Oh... wait... never mind.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2...ing-firearms-associate-sale-streets.html

UPS Driver Accused of Stealing Guns from the Shipper and Giving Firearms to Associate for Sale on Streets

RIVERSIDE, California � A United Parcel Service driver was arrested this afternoon on federal gun trafficking charges for allegedly stealing dozens of guns going through the shipping company�s Ontario hub and providing them to an associate who sold the weapons in underground transactions.

Curtis Hays, 36, of Rancho Cucamonga, was arrested without incident by special agents with the ATF. Hays is expected to be arraigned this afternoon in United States District Court.

The associate who allegedly sold some of the firearms � Dennis Dell White Jr., 35, of Moreno Valley � will be summoned to appear in federal court for an arraignment in the coming weeks.

The 16-count indictment, which was filed on July 23, alleges that Hays stole a series of packages containing guns that were supposed to be delivered to Turner�s Outdoorsman in Rancho Cucamonga. The indictment also accused Hays of stealing jewelry and mobile phones that were supposed to be delivered to other retailers, and this merchandise also was allegedly given to White.

Hays allegedly provided the firearms to White, who illegally sold the weapons to other individuals, and some of the guns then were sold to others. The firearms included 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber handguns.

Hays and White are charged with conspiracy; six counts of theft of firearms; six counts of receipt and possession of stolen firearms; and two counts of theft, receipt, and possession of good in interstate commerce.

White is additionally charged with being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition.

An indictment contains allegations that a defendant has committed a crime. Every defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in court.

The conspiracy count carries a statutory maximum penalty of five years in federal prison. The weapons charges each carry a potential penalty of 10 years in prison. The stolen goods charges each carry a maximum possible penalty of five years in prison. And, if convicted of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition, White could face up to an additional 10 years in prison.

The investigation into the stolen firearms was conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, in conjunction with the Ontario Police Department, the Moreno Valley Police Department and UPS Security.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If Criminals want guns, criminals will get guns. Period

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
any pics of perps?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
News reports are stating 72 guns.

How the heck do you have 72 guns go missing during shipment over 2 years before you track the guy(s) down? Geez..

deerstalker, I can't find any news articles with pictures of the perps.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I call BS! With all the gun laws they have in California theres no way this could have happend.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I call BS! With all the gun laws they have in California theres no way this could have happend.

Ditto.

Plus, you have to send all firearms by 2nd day air which eliminated the thievery by UPS employees that so plagued the ground shipments.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ahhhh, UPS... Sorry, but it doesn't surprise me..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even with laws, it looks like we have some folks with free wills.

One would think ATF would be notified and involved in every firearms shipping incident that went awry.

Regulations don't prevent anything. Seems they're most useful for describing the associated punishments.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/29/14.

1Minute
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Word on the street is he was last seen wearing a brown outfit. grin
Probably had shorts on.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have a good friend that owns a firearm manufacturing company.
I know for a fact that no matter how you ship guns, there will be some "empty boxes" show up at the destination. Or not heard from at all...

Been going on for years.

Of course all the guns have the serial numbers entered into the NCIC computers, and are on the ATF's watchlist too.

Yet, still it goes on. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I also hope these 2 are held accountable for any crimes that any of those 72 firearms were used in, including murder! It's buttlicks like this that help the Libretards in their battle against legal gun ownership. I hope these two get a good, long stint in the Pen! -TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I know for a fact that no matter how you ship guns, there will be some "empty boxes" show up at the destination. Or not heard from at all...

Been going on for years.

Of course all the guns have the serial numbers entered into the NCIC computers, and are on the ATF's watchlist too.

I totally accept that as true. There will always be thieves.

Is there a preferred method of shipment that is safer? Would insurance make it more likely that packages would get through? Thanks.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Anjin

Been going on for years.

I totally accept that as true. There will always be thieves.

Is there a preferred method of shipment that is safer? Would insurance make it more likely that packages would get through? Thanks.

The guns are usually insured when shipped. It doesn't cut down on the theft. The people that steal them are lower end workers (package handlers) and don't care about who they cause the loss with...even their own company.

I think UPS has probably a higher incident rate, but that could be because higher percentages of firearms are shipped UPS because of the affordability.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
If Criminals want guns, criminals will get guns. Period

But...

If no one had guns

That would fix things...

It did with Drugs...

No, Wait, Nevermind

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calhoun

How the heck do you have 72 guns go missing during shipment over 2 years before you track the guy(s) down? Geez..

No kidding... You have to assume the intended recipients reported them, UPS tracks every box, and you got the UPS whiteboard guy there staring & scratching his head at 72 arrows pointing into the Ontario hub and zero coming out.....

Last edited by rlott; 07/29/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rlott

No kidding... You have to assume the intended recipients reported them, UPS tracks every box, and you got the UPS whiteboard guy there staring & scratching his head at 72 arrows pointing into the Ontario hub and zero coming out.....

Some of the thieves are smart.

Cut open the box, take the gun, and send the empty box on it's way... or rip it open and take the gun and send it on it's way like "rough handling" caused the gun to fall out. Only they never find the gun...

Sometimes the tracking doesn't point directly to where the problem is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by deerstalker
any pics of perps?

With a last name of White, they ran out of flash on the camera.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rlott

Some of the thieves are smart.

Cut open the box, take the gun, and send the empty box on it's way... or rip it open and take the gun and send it on it's way like "rough handling" caused the gun to fall out. Only they never find the gun...

Sometimes the tracking doesn't point directly to where the problem is.

Someone got my 7x57 Chilean barrel in a similar manner. Dam thieves. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.