-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
http://news.yahoo.com/adolescent-stow-away-found-dead-u-military-plane-194443022.html

The U.S. military has found the body of an adolescent male trapped in a compartment above the landing gear of a C-130 aircraft following a trip to Africa, the Pentagon said on Tuesday.

The Pentagon said the body was found at Ramstein Air Base in Germany during a routine post-flight maintenance inspection on Sunday. The plane traveled from Germany to Senegal, Mali, Chad, Tunisia and Sicily before landing in Ramstein on a trip that lasted just over a week.

"At this point, it is unknown where or when the deceased entered the landing gear wheel well," Kirby said, describing the apparent stow-away as "an adolescent black male, possibly of African origin."

As concerns swell over an outbreak of the deadly Ebola disease in several African countries, the military also confirmed that the body was tested for communicable diseases. Those tests came up negative.

"The cause of death, as well as the other circumstances surrounding this incident, remains under investigation," Kirby said, adding the body had been taken to a German facility for an autopsy.

Kirby acknowledged that airfield security would be examined during the investigation but stressed U.S. military C-130s often land in remote locations around the world.

"The aircraft is a rugged aircraft designed to operate in austere locations. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody that security at some of these fields is not going to be at the same level," Kirby said.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The kid gambled that he would get a new live in Europe or America. He rolled the dice and lost. Its unfortunate, but it was his choice.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I guess we need to make arrangements to bring them all here safely so this doesn't happen again. They are just escaping disease, violence, corruption, and poverty. That should certainly entitle them to a free trip to the United States and a free living on our dime.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I guess we need to make arrangements to bring them all here safely so this doesn't happen again. They are just escaping disease, violence, corruption, and poverty. That should certainly entitle them to a free trip to the United States and a free living on our dime.

That's what the ones coming in the from the Southern border are expecting...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Bingo!

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The yellow oval is around the area above the main gear wheel well. The purple arrows point to the tracks for the main gear (don't pivot or swing, go up and down vertically) and jack screws that raise and lower the main gear. The holes where the main gear struts pass through the overhead in the gear well are not really large. There's a hydraulic motor that turns the horizontal shaft the turns the 90� gearboxes for the jack screws. Not much area and Ramstein has J models now that probably fly close to 30k altitude. If the kid had hidden in the nose gear well the flight engineer sure didn't do a good preflight plus he/she still had to install the nose gear pin after flight and remove it before take off (unless things changed).

[Linked Image]

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
This sort of thing happens frequently with commercial airliners. The stowaway usually either freezes to death or dies from lack of oxygen.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
The yellow oval is around the area above the main gear wheel well. The purple arrows point to the tracks for the main gear (don't pivot or swing, go up and down vertically) and jack screws that raise and lower the main gear. The holes where the main gear struts pass through the overhead in the gear well are not really large. There's a hydraulic motor that turns the horizontal shaft the turns the 90� gearboxes for the jack screws. Not much area and Ramstein has J models now that probably fly close to 30k altitude. If the kid had hidden in the nose gear well the flight engineer sure didn't do a good preflight plus he/she still had to install the nose gear pin after flight and remove it before take off (unless things changed).

[Linked Image]

Doesn't maintaince pull a through flight/post flight inspection after each flight? Is there enough room for a body in there that a pilot wouldn't see it during his preflight walk around?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
How old was this "child"?

Was he an actual child or was he like one of the southern border crasher "children"? (30+ yrs old, riddled with gang tats and 4 lbs of cocaine stuffed up his ass in sammich bags)

Something clever here.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Was he an actual child or was he like one of the southern border crasher "children"? (30+ yrs old, riddled with gang tats and 4 lbs of cocaine stuffed up his ass in sammich bags)

Too fuggin' funny...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
AJ300MAG, we'd do a walk around but if the child was in the area circled in yellow and small you'd have to pull panels to get a good look and on the road we didn't do it. I opened the gear doors and checked the wheel wells. Normally we didn't have a crew chief with us when XC but on the week long trips we did. If the plane is a J model it doesn't have a FE.
I'm thinking the kid got in there in Tunisia (maybe after the preflight) and they stopped at Sicily and then went on to Germany in one day. I guess they didn't have Ravens with them to guard the plane?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

.....I have word that he was a Young Nigerian Gentleman, trying to re-unite a long lost relative with a small fortune bequeathed by a distant relative.

....frustrated by the slowness of the servers in Lagos' internet cafes, he'd resolved himself to becoming a courier, and deliver the goods personally.

....I just hope it's not the funds I have coming from Nigeria any day now.

whistle

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/30/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey, really though....

It's better than a live african being found in there. We're above our quota on live ones already.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

.....I have word that he was a Young Nigerian Gentleman, trying to re-unite a long lost relative with a small fortune bequeathed by a distant relative.

....frustrated by the slowness of the servers in Lagos' internet cafes, he'd resolved himself to becoming a courier, and deliver the goods personally.

....I just hope it's not the funds I have coming from Nigeria any day now.

whistle

GTC

Sonovabitch!!! You mean it was my cousin? I just got an email from him the other day, said he was bringing me big bucks

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All of this also begs this question:

If a dumbass African kid can access a C-130 to stow away on it, what would keep them from putting something more deadly on one?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.