-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I would encourage or challenge any nay- or maybe-sayers to read through the Bible and attempt to prove it wrong (C.S Lewis-style) by anything and everything at your disposal-archeology, secular history, philosophy, the physical constants of the universe, what it says about human nature-with only one requirement, honesty.

Until you inform yourself of it's self interpretive nature, you are ill served to offer any opinions on its substance.

What you [/i]feel[i] or [/i]think[i] or [/i]desire[i] is NOT the standard for ultimate truth. Most of what I've skimmed over here shows less a lot less knowledge and careful thought than I would have expected from a bunch of gun looneys and hand loaders. smile

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I would encourage or challenge any nay- or maybe-sayers to read through the Bible and attempt to prove it wrong (C.S Lewis-style) by anything and everything at your disposal-archeology, secular history, philosophy, the physical constants of the universe, what it says about human nature-with only one requirement, honesty.

Until you inform yourself of it's self interpretive nature, you are ill served to offer any opinions on its substance.

What you [/i]feel[i] or [/i]think[i] or [/i]desire[i] is NOT the standard for ultimate truth. Most of what I've skimmed over here shows less a lot less knowledge and careful thought than I would have expected from a bunch of gun looneys and hand loaders. smile

You are about 70 posts behind.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by temmi
Oh well

This is gonna take a while

Snake

Nah...an agnostic is wondering around. An atheist has chosen his path.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well said.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Agnostic is just another way of saying, "I don't give a rat's ass". And I don't.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Agnostic is just another way of saying, "I don't give a rat's ass". And I don't.

Not quite. There is a big difference between "I don't know" and "I don't care". Ignorance vs. Apathy.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC

Not quite. There is a big difference between "I don't know" and "I don't care". Ignorance vs. Apathy.

There you go with that "learning" thing again. grin

Had a great time, thank you and your lovely bride again.

Ed

BTW, I'm in the "don't care" group. I don't care whether you are agnostic or atheist. I believe that, sooner or later, you will meet your Creator and all this will be put to rest once and for all.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

You are about 70 posts behind.

I apologize for that. I don't always have the time or inclination to read a thread in it's entirety. Take it for what it's worth. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Agnostic vs apatheist:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, in addition, there is a difference between an atheist and an apatheist.

I appreciate the intellectual exercises, and can enjoy engaging such. Those, in part, have lead me to understand that none of such endeavor will enable, or prevent, entrance to Heaven and eternal joy. Some factors are more important and encompassing than human intellectual exercises.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
what I think I have learned reading this thread is that no one, no not one knows. given that, some believe, have faith, etc., and others also know that they don't know, and might not have faith, belief, etc.

others, such as the atheists, know at least in their own mind, given the available evidence that there is no God.

an agnostic mind might be the most honest mind that walks amongst us?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Some factors are more important and encompassing than human intellectual exercises.
Some are essential, like a child-like faith.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus

atheists, know at least in their own mind, given the available evidence that there is no evidence for the existence of God.

Fixed it for you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
Some factors are more important and encompassing than human intellectual exercises.
Some are essential, like a child-like faith.

That is something we can agree on.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know this much. Ten people who posted on this thread are on my ignore list, as a reminder to myself that they are buttholes. Every one of their posts were denying, if not insulting, the existence of God. Quite telling, considering that nobody makes that list because of religious dialog.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

========

If there is a God, He marks no distinction between the two.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Suppose I'm agnostic. I just don't have the faith. I used to visit different churches trying to find that faith but finally quit. I believe in a higher power, just don't know who/what it is and if any religion prays to him.

Say you live your whole life in a tropical island or jungle village and you've never heard of the Christian, Jewish or Muslim god. You live a moral unselfish life, but you're going to hell because you don't believe? My god wouldn't do that.

Religions are started and written down by man very often large distances apart with different customs and stories handed down.

My own theory is most religions and the non-affiliated pray to the same god.

I live a good life and I despise malicious selfishness, if my god is a just god then I'm in.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Suppose I'm agnostic. I just don't have the faith. I used to visit different churches trying to find that faith but finally quit. I believe in a higher power, just don't know who/what it is and if any religion prays to him.

Say you live your whole life in a tropical island or jungle village and you've never heard of the Christian, Jewish or Muslim god. You live a moral unselfish life, but you're going to hell because you don't believe? My god wouldn't do that.

Religions are started and written down by man very often large distances apart with different customs and stories handed down.

My own theory is most religions and the non-affiliated pray to the same god.

I live a good life and I despise malicious selfishness, if my god is a just god then I'm in.
Well put!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bigfoot,

Here�s the problem with you position and the Christian God, Jesus Christ. He says you are a wretched sinner and you need Him. He says His Dad sent Him to pay the price for �The wages of sin is death� and your death does not satisfy His Dad. If you reject His gift of His Son He gets very indignant and sends you to Hell. It�s that simple. To accept His gift you repent and tell God you want Jesus� death to apply to your sins.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

========

If there is a God, He marks no distinction between the two.

Now, here we have a person who acts as if he/she knows such distinctions as not made by God. By what means whould a person know such things?

Last edited by CCCC; 07/29/14.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 338Rules, 16penny, 907brass, 13 invisible), 1,186 guests, and 798 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,234
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.