Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I'll believe it when Benny Hinn tells me too...

People need to watch that vid from the 8:00 mark...Wow. What a bunch of dumbschits.

What a snake oil salesman!

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by eyeball
Introduction

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains. . . For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24: 15, 16, 21).

Consider these passages, all written about the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. All refer to the same thing so it indicates that the abomination of desolation is the armies of Rome.

Mt 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place �the abomination that causes desolation�,spoken of through the prophet Daniel�let the reader understand�

Mr 13:14 � "When you see �the abomination that causes desolation� standing where it does not belong�let the reader understand�then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Lu 21:20 "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

Rome attacked during Passover and there could have been as many as a million people inside the city when the gates were locked. It was a horrible time of starvation. A single loaf of bread sold for a days wages. Even cannibalism was prevalent.

This.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Armednfree
The prophecies of Isaiah have not happened yet. I believe there will not be a big ground war until Armageddon, I do think Israel will get massively attacked and expend it's entire NBC arsenal. That would reek the kind of destruction the Bible speaks of.
But the Bible says that the Jews also will be among the attackers of Jerusalem, and thus also among the reapers of the prophesied punishments.

"Even Judah will fight against Jerusalem." Jeremiah 14,14. Makes no sense unless Jerusalem is a metaphor for the Church. Just so happens that this is the understanding of Christianity going back two-thousand years.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Not really, just sitting here either hacking my lungs up or attempting to expel my arsehole through my nostrils...not sure which as they both seem to taste and smell the same at the moment.
Are you sick again?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

I am referring to the Muzzies you are so concerned about, while living in a country you crap in every day which was made by Christians escaping religious persecution.

Who's concerned about the Muslims? For that matter, who's concerned about the Israelis? I'm only concerned with the United States. Oh, by the way, those Christians were escaping religious persecution by other Christians.

IC B2

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
As they did with Idi Amin and in Mosul now. Yet Christians are forcing their will on everyone? The yoke of Christ will be nothing compared to what ze ro and his buds have planned.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
As they did with Idi Amin and in Mosul now. Yet Christians are forcing their will on everyone? The yoke of Christ will be nothing compared to what ze ro and his buds have planned.
When you spell certain words with spaces in the middle, are you trying to foil the NSA?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by UPhiker
If things are so terrible, you could always end it. It sure would free up a lot of bandwidth on the Campfire...
Don't you think you go too far?
Yeah, you're right, I deleted it. He's not worth arguing with. Bye.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Not only that, but the book wasn't written until hundreds of years after the events happened. Like the story couldn't have changed in that time. Of course, how would I know, I'm not a real Christian, just a Catholic...

You are apparently not aware of William Albright�s work. He was not a Christian. He was an archeologist. He maintained the entire New Testament was written prior to the year 70 AD. That means eye witness were still alive at the time it was written.

Revelation was certainly written prior to AD 70. It refers to the Temple as still standing.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Not only that, but the book wasn't written until hundreds of years after the events happened. Like the story couldn't have changed in that time. Of course, how would I know, I'm not a real Christian, just a Catholic...

You are apparently not aware of William Albright�s work. He was not a Christian. He was an archeologist. He maintained the entire New Testament was written prior to the year 70 AD. That means eye witness were still alive at the time it was written.

Albright was the son of an Evangelical Methodist minister, and last published in 1968. The majority of his claims, such as archaeological proof for the book of Exodus have been overturned by modern archaeologist since then.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by safariman
Temple needs to be rebuilt, and despite such looking bleak right now, it WILL happen.
Wow! So Christ's sacrifice on the cross wasn't good enough? We need to go back to animal sacrifice, which was just a foreshadowing of the perfect sacrifice to come, the spotless lamb?

What an offense to God would be any effort to rebuild that which he saw fit to destroy. Anyone who supports that either doesn't know his New Testament or has set himself up against it.

Ye do greatly err...

Last edited by Robert_White; 07/30/14.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The Lord Jesus Christ speaks expressly about the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place. Paul repeats this in 2nd Thess. chapter two. The temple MUST be rebuilt. The believing Christian need not put his faith in those animal sacrifices, as that would indeed be to blaspheme the one final sacrifice of Christ Himself on the cross... an oblation, propitiation and atonement that cannot be repeated by fallen men in any way... once for all forever; as Hebrews says.

The Holy of holies is the "Holy Place" spoken of by Christ and Paul and just like Antiochus IV the last and final antichrist dictator will enter and desecrate the holy of holies and demand worship as God.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Lu 21:20 "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

So, was he referring to 70, 1099, 1147, 1187, 1218, 1244, 1265, 1834, 1917, 1948, 1967, or 1973?

Nope, 2014.

kwg

I wonder how often it was thought "this is the end times" during the examples I mentioned above?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Isaiah 5:20 ESV / 22 helpful votes

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

In our time evil has become "good" and good has become "evil".
Ask the msm who is wrong in the Gaza conflict.

Ask Pelosi about the inside info she got that Hamas is a benevolent group.

Ask ze ro about how great the Muzzies have been in the development of civilization and our nation. Ha. Listen to him tell of the wonders of the homosexual practitioners and the curse of coal and oil that protects millions from freezing.

Ask Biden about the great things illegal aliens wish to help us accomplish.

Yes, before our eyes we see Bible prophecy being fulfilled.

We even see the prophecy that follows being fulfilled : New Living Translation
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bump, for those too blind to see prophecy fulfilled, because they don't know prophecy, because they don't know the Word, because they don't read the Bible because they fear the light and prefer the dark, and because they fear the Truth, because its easier to lean on what makes sense, their own understanding, and follow the false prophet who misleads them into thinking we are making progress while we are going under like a gutted ship.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/30/14.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bump, for those too blind to see prophecy fulfilled, because they don't know prophecy, because they don't know the Word, because they don't read the Bible because they fear the light and prefer the dark, and because they fear the Truth, because its easier to lean on what makes sense, their own understanding, and follow the false prophet who misleads them into thinking we are making progress while we are going under like a gutted ship.

Well I am a Deist after all.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bump, for those too blind to see prophecy fulfilled, because they don't know prophecy, because they don't know the Word,
When I was a kid back in the 1950's, the Baptist churches around here each had a "Revival" every summer. They would last a week, so all summer there was one going on somewhere within a reasonable distance to go to. I have been to several in my life and they all preached that the end of the world was near, and probably coming next week. Even as a kid, I wondered why this was such a common theme, and not try to get people to live like their individual death would be more likely to happen before the end of the world. I still do not understand this line of thinking. All that I can figure that they are acting like a used car salesman, and are a lot of the reason that I do not attend church now. miles

Last edited by milespatton; 07/31/14. Reason: on to one

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yes, the saying that one should be ready because the time is near is true, as none of us live very long, but that does not mean we can't see Biblical predictions coming true.

You feel the US turning against Israel is an insignificant development?

Last edited by eyeball; 07/31/14.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
eyeball's good for 8 & 22.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

703 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 3,135 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,096
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.