Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's gratifying to see justice done.
Hard to find much justice in bovine excrement.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm guessing the verdict had something to do with the inconsistency of the testimony. Some said the knock-town was on the patio, others said outside the bar on the sidewalk, Kyle led people to believe it was inside of the club. Iffin it really happened, how could witnesses disagree where it happened?

But all that aside, Ventura is a pussy for not dropping it after Kyle's death,

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I'm guessing the verdict had something to do with the inconsistency of the testimony. Some said the knock-town was on the patio, others said outside the bar on the sidewalk, Kyle led people to believe it was inside of the club. Iffin it really happened, how could witnesses disagree where it happened?

But all that aside, Ventura is a pussy for not dropping it after Kyle's death,
But he never said those things, and was never knocked down by Chris Kyle. Don't you think a man has a right to defend his reputation in open court?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not when the guy he is accusing of lying is a fellow soldier and deceased.

I would have attended Kyles funeral, given my condolences to his widow, then made one last statement. In that statement I would again reiterate that the incident NEVER happened, not sure why Kyle chose to make it up, but that I was dropping my lawsuit, becasue I have no interest in suing the family who just lost a fellow SEAL.

I hope the 1.8 is worth it to him, becasue his reputation is now worse than he ever suffered by what Kyle said.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If I had to guess, there likely was some kind of confrontation. I doubt there was a punch. The book was entertainment and it got embellished a little, quite possibly at the instigation of the author. After all, it was a better story if they spiced it up a bit and it would sell more books. And who would it hurt? They weren't naming names.

But then, Kyle, on a radio show where he spent way too much time talking and got way too comfortable, just couldn't resist saying on air who it was.

If he had simply kept his mouth shut, listened to the publisher and the publisher's lawyers, it wouldn't have mattered if the story was embellished a bit. But, he didn't and when real people are involved, there are consequences to those sorts of things.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
If I had to guess, there likely was some kind of confrontation. I doubt there was a punch. The book was entertainment and it got embellished a little, quite possibly at the instigation of the author. After all, it was a better story if they spiced it up a bit and it would sell more books. And who would it hurt? They weren't naming names.

But then, Kyle, on a radio show where he spent way too much time talking and got way too comfortable, just couldn't resist saying on air who it was.

If he had simply kept his mouth shut, listened to the publisher and the publisher's lawyers, it wouldn't have mattered if the story was embellished a bit. But, he didn't and when real people are involved, there are consequences to those sorts of things.
+1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Amazing that those on here that would claim a poster "wouldn't say that to my face", or those that would travel across the country to fight somebody that posted that they had excessive nose hair, are slammin Ventura for bein pissed at bein dissed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Amazing that those on here that would claim a poster "wouldn't say that to my face", or those that would travel across the country to fight somebody that posted that they had excessive nose hair, are slammin Ventura for bein pissed at bein dissed.

Really? I find it amazing that people on here say that NOT getting punched and someone talking some smack about you is a good reason to sue the estate/widow. If it did happen, Jesse is a puss. If it didn't, well, let's just say that I, for one, wouldn't have GAS about it after he died.

Life is too short to be pissed at people's widow. Well, it is if you are not a complete self-absorbed [bleep] like Jesse and apparently some members on her.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by goalie
Really? I find it amazing that people on here say that NOT getting punched and someone talking some smack about you is a good reason to sue the estate/widow. If it did happen, Jesse is a puss. If it didn't, well, let's just say that I, for one, wouldn't have GAS about it after he died.

Life is too short to be pissed at people's widow. Well, it is if you are not a complete self-absorbed [bleep] like Jesse and apparently some members on her.

So, if a multi-millionaire with a BAC of.45, crushed your only son to death in a school crosswalk on his way to school, then crashed into a bridge abutment and died, you wouldn't sue the guy's estate if he had a widow and daughter.

Sure you wouldn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The incident that did or did not happen was a Seal gathering right?
Let's see if old Jess has the nerve to attend another.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So, if a multi-millionaire with a BAC of.45, crushed your only son to death in a school crosswalk on his way to school, then crashed into a bridge abutment and died, you wouldn't sue the guy's estate if he had a widow and daughter.

Sure you wouldn't.

Um, how about if a multi-millionaire with a BAC of .45 lied and said he kicked my ass I wouldn't.

And, no, I wouldn't.

And I especially wouldn't if he HAD kicked my ass.....

You argument, on the other hand, is a quite common logical fallacy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Courts are where these matters are supposed to be resolved rather than dueling in the street.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Sure you wouldn't.

Um, how about if a multi-millionaire with a BAC of .45 lied and said he kicked my ass I wouldn't.

And, no, I wouldn't.

Guess again.

It's your "argument", or lack thereof, that lacks logic.

You agree that, given the "right" circumstances, a lawsuit is the correct response. You simply disagree, based upon your own opinion, which of course involves no logic, that in one instance a lawsuit is warranted, but in another it is not.

The simple fact is that a legal remedy exists for what our society recognizes as a legal wrongdoing. You claim you wouldn't sue for what happened to Ventura, and that's certainly our choice. But the procedure itself is valid.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sure you wouldn't.

And, no, I wouldn't.

Guess again.

It's your "argument", or lack thereof, that lacks logic.

You agree that, given the "right" circumstances, a lawsuit is the correct response. You simply disagree, based upon your own opinion, which of course involves no logic, that in one instance a lawsuit is warranted, but in another it is not.

The simple fact is that a legal remedy exists for what our society recognizes as a legal wrongdoing. You claim you wouldn't sue for what happened to Ventura, and that's certainly our choice. But the procedure itself is valid.

Um, you acting like someone killing my son is the same as that same someone talking smack about me is illogical.

The procedure is valid. Using it for the latter case in point just makes one a puzzy

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I see you've come around to the proper perspective.

You're certainly free and correct to feel as you do regarding the merits of Ventura's actions.

The point of my original post was that those around here that would be so sensitive about their campfire interactions are also those calling out Ventura.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Best post of the thread imo.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MColeman
I have trouble recognizing the fact that an ex-politician and pro wrestler's "reputation" could be damaged. It ain't like somebody accused him of being a Bama fan, y'know. wink

Ha! Well played, Mickey. A Bama fan�.sheesh!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Sure you wouldn't.

Analogies need to have some semblance of similarity to be valid.

Yours is not even in the same ballpark.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

How did you find out what the publisher and the publisher's lawyers told Kyle?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Courts are where these matters are supposed to be resolved rather than dueling in the street.
That's the way I figure it.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,171 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,136
Posts18,464,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.